Midnight Sun
UG Newbie
199 IQ
I am purchasing a new guitar cab, and I want one that can handle a lot of distortion. Should I go with a 1960 or Peavey 6505?
Cza
41 IQ
I assume its for a 6505 head, correct? The marshall is the better cab.
Gear:
Jackson dxmg 10
Ltd Ec 400
Line 6 HD 147
Line 6 FBV Shortboard
Marshall 1960a
Behringer V-Amp Pro
Gabel
UG's Swede
4,239 IQ
Well Marshall 1960's are very good. I heard that it often "makes" some amps better. I have a JCM800 but i have tried it through a 1960 cab and it wasnt that much difference in sound, but they have teh same speakers. But those celestions are really good.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
etherealprince
Gear Wh*re
98 IQ
If you have the money get a Marshall 1960AV cab. It has vintage 30's which give you some pretty sweet dynamic tones.
If youre looking for alot of low-end and want it heavy as ****, Mesa cabs are good too.
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
etherealprince
Gear Wh*re
98 IQ
Quote by godofshred
^mesa use v30's too, but he cab is much deeper, meaning more bassy tones

Yup, thats what I like about them, they have a more deep bassier tone than the Marshall cabs. Both have amazing speakers, the construction of the cab just changes it.
The 1960AV is extremely versatile, and any playing style will sound good through it really. The mesa cabs are geared more toward heavier playing, but still has versatility. Just not as much!
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
etherealprince
Gear Wh*re
98 IQ
Quote by godofshred
no, they do traditional and oversided, tit

You mean oversized?

And yes I know this, no need to be a twat. I was agreeing with you......
Last edited by etherealprince at Mar 28, 2006,
etherealprince
Gear Wh*re
98 IQ
^ ah gotchya.

Nah, I know they make many different cabs, I was just making a generalization.

Sorry 'bout that.