Page 2 of 523
you think that tommy rogers should sound like m. shadows.......I'll tell him that when I see him again, he would laugh at you for being dumb.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by LedZeppelin
But the rapeyouintheasscore parts are the best ones...

I agree, I like to get raped in the ass by BTBAM. That's why they would have a CD that was all r.y.i.n.t.a.Xcore
But the switching between the jazziness and the rapeyouintheasscore is what makes them cool.
Quote by Nybb
Dude, I'm going to sig myself and see if anybody notices.
Quote by bloodstained
Joeys rasp and growl vocals suck arse. its like ****ty attempt of trying to be somewhat morphing grind with death vocals. and it doesn?t work. his clean vocals are nice though. If you don't believe me listen to the tracks "Roboturner" of alaska and "fire for a dry mouth" + "naked by the computer" of BTBAM st.

Who is Joey?
The vocalists name is Tommy Rogers and he does vocals well for the band.
All of his harsh vocals are great.
haha really...joey? come on seriously...if your gonna make fun of someone in a band at least know who it is.

anyway...yeah i think it'd be bad ass if BTBAM did a dual album, one soft and one heavy...i love the "pretty" parts (as me and my friends call them) like in mordecai...that end solo coming out of his soft singing and jazzy clean solo is amazingggggg i love itt...then going into shevanel take 2 amazingggg
By the way, could somebody enlighten me as to what a shevanel is? The word comes up quite a bit in their songs and I have no idea what it means.
Quote by Nybb
Dude, I'm going to sig myself and see if anybody notices.
Shevanel is a hobo they saw in Raleigh, NC with a dog named Plip. They were inspired by how happy the two of them seemed to be, despite the fact that neither of them had anything at all.

(its on their website in the song explainations for The Silent Circus)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Pantera - "Cemetery Gates"
Sepultura - "Territory"
Soundgarden - "The Day I Tried to Live"
Mötley Crüe - "Kickstart My Heart"
Pink Floyd - "Us and Them"
Queen - "Bicycle Race"
Metallica - "Blackened"
Faith No More - "Malpractice"
Doors - "People Are Strange"
Depeche Mode - "Little 15"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Geek U.S.A."
Blind Melon - "Change"

BTBAM cover album. Bicycle Race is gonna be either the greatest or gayest thing ever.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by fps_doug
And I would consider you an idiot.

Yeah i'm gonna have to agree with you on that. I just have them in my ITunes as "Mathcore" because I have no idea what else to call them.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by xAestheticx
Yes they are very progressive. I would consider them Progressive melodic death metal.

Not death metal. At all.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Um ok? I wouldn't call blasting sixteenths; fast paced, heavy riffs; and guttural growling death metal, at all.

Edit: American melodic death metal is also known as "deathcore", which sounds retarted, but it gets its core suffix from it's influences from hardcore's DIY ethics and tempo.
Last edited by xAestheticx at May 11, 2006,
Quote by xAestheticx

Edit: American melodic death metal is also known as "deathcore", which sounds retarted, but it gets its core suffix from it's influences from hardcore's DIY ethics and tempo.

But comparing BTBAM to other bands in the "deathcore" genre is blasphemous. When's the last time you heard someone compare Between the Buried and Me to Through The Eyes of the Dead?
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
They're covering Geek USA?!?

*gasp* / *orgasms at the sheer thought of this*
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Ok, let me rephrase what I was saying.

They have melodic death metal "elements" to them. They have progressive elements to them. They have mathcore/metalcore elements to them. So instead of being criticized for generalizing them as melodic death metal or death core, I'll call them Prog. Death Math Metalcore.
Quote by xAestheticx

I'll call them Prog. Death Math Metalcore.

Now it's just getting ridiculous.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Hahaha. Yeah, I was being a little sarcastic. I don't like being a genre nazi, but it seems like you can't make a statement about a band's genre without getting ridiculed for it nowadays.
what the hell are they thinking covering Cemetary Gates? I mean c'mon, Paul Wagoner is a talented guitarist but is he even close to Dime? I think not.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by xAestheticx
Um ok? I wouldn't call blasting sixteenths; fast paced, heavy riffs; and guttural growling death metal, at all.

They're very close to metal, I'll give you that, but there are some parts of their songs that wouldn't be out of place in an As I Lay Dying or Hatebreed track. The drumming is a mix between melodic and straight-up death metal and I'll admit doesn't do much in the vein of metalcore, but does have some breakdown-style parts. The vocals are much deeper than most metalcore but still aren't really death vocals. BTBAM kind of transcends genres, really. I'm not going to go nitpicking anymore, but I'd say progressive metalcore.

...okay the genre classification is getting a bit ridiculous. Hahaha.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by liesofautumn
what the hell are they thinking covering Cemetary Gates? I mean c'mon, Paul Wagoner is a talented guitarist but is he even close to Dime? I think not.

Not that it matters at all, but I would probably say that Paul Wagoner is a much more talented guitarist than Dimebag Darrel.

Although who is more talented than who is extremely irrelavent for what you're trying to argue. You're saying that a band shouldn't cover another band's song just because of their "talent"? Well if the band can play every note, and play it in time, (two things that I"m absolutely positive Between the Buried and Me can do) what says they shouldn't be able to cover it?
I play guitar
A lot of guitarists are more "talented" than Dimebag was. Dimebag's genius came in his riffs, which had incredible aggression, groove, and style, as well as his solos. He could shred his ass off as well, so it's debatable whether Wagoner is better. I like them both.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by )Eric(Draven
Not that it matters at all, but I would probably say that Paul Wagoner is a much more talented guitarist than Dimebag Darrel.

Although who is more talented than who is extremely irrelavent for what you're trying to argue. You're saying that a band shouldn't cover another band's song just because of their "talent"? Well if the band can play every note, and play it in time, (two things that I"m absolutely positive Between the Buried and Me can do) what says they shouldn't be able to cover it?

Okay I apologize for making such a brash blanket statement. But I disagree and say that talent is relevant however I SUPPOSE their talent doesnt mean that they cant cover a song. But I dont think theyll be able to deliver it with any thing close to the kind of fire and passion that Dime and the rest of Pantera did. Of course that is a high and perhaps unreasonable expectation. I just think they should've picked a different song but if they do it well, kudos to them.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by Bloodshed
you think that tommy rogers should sound like m. shadows.......I'll tell him that when I see him again, he would laugh at you for being dumb.

you know him?

anyway, silent circus is one of my favorite records.
it changed my life.
seriously
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Endorsee:"OK, thanks"
Quote by LedZeppelin
They're very close to metal, I'll give you that, but there are some parts of their songs that wouldn't be out of place in an As I Lay Dying or Hatebreed track. The drumming is a mix between melodic and straight-up death metal and I'll admit doesn't do much in the vein of metalcore, but does have some breakdown-style parts. The vocals are much deeper than most metalcore but still aren't really death vocals. BTBAM kind of transcends genres, really. I'm not going to go nitpicking anymore, but I'd say progressive metalcore.

...okay the genre classification is getting a bit ridiculous. Hahaha.

Which parts wouldn't sound out of place in an As I Lay Dying or Hatebreed song?
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Some of the riffs and breakdowns are typical minor scale/triplet chug things. Not many, but some...and since metal has such a picky fanbase, even a tiny bit of that will make a band un-metal.
Quote by HuckIt
im seeing these guys next thursday
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Yeah I know him, he used to live around here when he played in Prayer For Cleansing. Now he lives out in Winston-Salem area. I did an interview with them for my High School newspaper last year.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Yeah I know him, he used to live around here when he played in Prayer For Cleansing. Now he lives out in Winston-Salem area. I did an interview with them for my High School newspaper last year.

sweet

bttbam are one of my favorite bands
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Endorsee:"OK, thanks"