Page 4 of 523
Quote by Disco Vietnam
What was their set list? I'm seeing them Saturday and I'm curious as to what they will be playing.

Roboturner
Use of a Weapon
Selkies
Backwards Marathon
Bicycle Race
Lost Perfection

****s weak
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
^^ Seems okay. Three of those songs are my favourites. I will scream "MODECAI". I can't get any live videos of that song either...

Does anybody else think that, while excellent, BTBAM are completely unfocused? Too much of Alaska is crazy riffs that never get used more than once. It pollutes the song structure. Still excellent, but I wish they would tone down the craziness a bit.

Nah, some bits do repeat. Think Backwards Marathon and All Bodies. I suppose your right actually... Dunno why you had to single out Alaska thought, SC is similar.

I dunno, in some ways I like the structure, in some ways I don't.
Last edited by Craigo at Oct 21, 2006,
I don't know why everyone is hating on alaska so much. In my perspective, it's probably one of the greatest albums of all time with selkies being the greatest song in the world. If you want slower stuff, yet still fast, go listen to darkest hour or himsa.

Does anyone actually know selkies?

I've gotten through the first half and its mediocre hard, unlike it sounds, and when i try to go through the arpeggio sweeping its just crazy, especially if you're trying to block stuff.

If anyone has any suggestions, please help
^Yea, I can play a lot of the songs minus the sweeps and part of the 'verse' I guess you could say. I just started learning it tonight though...

I saw BTBAM along w/ Norma Jean and Misery Signals here in St. Louis last saturday. Best show ever I have to say. Everyone put on such a good show! Me and my friend were in the front row and got to scream along w/ the bands at times when they got near the crowd. Was pretty awesome I have to say...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by Gomorrah
Roboturner
Use of a Weapon
Selkies
Backwards Marathon
Bicycle Race
Lost Perfection

****s weak

Whattttt
Roboturner is lameeee
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
BTBAM is one of the most surprisingly amazing bands I listen to. Selkies is, IMO, Dream Theater+Ayreon+Opeth.....xcore

the band is DEFINITELY very...proggish. And they definitely show a strong death metal influence. To be honest, I can't really see the xcore label they get. I would be quick to put them in the metal forum.
I personally like the mathcore sound BTBAM has, how they balance out the brutal with the melodic. I wouldn't listen to them if they sold out for a clearer and "easier"
Sound that some people these days are taking more of a liking to.

I absolutely love the drumming as well. Best drumming I've heard from that genre.
These guys kick ass. hands down.

They are great live, just the lack of a crazy stage show but its great music. Even if they did go crazy on stage it would have paled in comparison to Norma Jean's stage show.

Glass Casket also kicks ass, probly some of the most talented musicians that are currently making music right now. And in my opinion Tommy does the best metalcore vocals out of anybody I've heard, he has a cpomplete range both singing and screaming and has decent sustain.
Quote by saxaxe
BTBAM is one of the most surprisingly amazing bands I listen to. Selkies is, IMO, Dream Theater+Ayreon+Opeth.....xcore

the band is DEFINITELY very...proggish. And they definitely show a strong death metal influence. To be honest, I can't really see the xcore label they get. I would be quick to put them in the metal forum.

You'd be quick to be flamed.
That is the dumbest post I've ever read in my life.

I am not as smart as I was a minute ago before reading that post.

Wow.
Gear:
Washburn X10
Yamaha EG 112
Crate VTX30
Yamaha GA-10
I have Alaska, downloaded half of The Silent Circus and the s/t. I could never get into the Anatomy Of... though, the covers seemed not worth my money. It's great though. Tommy sings better than Corgan on Geek U.S.A.
YOU'LL NEVER SILENCE THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS
I love Alaska. I also have their self-titled and that's amazing too. Aspirations is an awesome song that will be playing either at my funeral or my wedding (or both).
Quote by Job 4 a Cowboy

They are great live, just the lack of a crazy stage show but its great music. Even if they did go crazy on stage it would have paled in comparison to Norma Jean's stage show.

Are you serious? I saw Norma Jean live a few months ago and they were DREADFUL. Even the crowd was bored, and half the kiddies were wearing Norma Jean shirts.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Really, at the show I saw pretty much 80% of the crowd was hardcore dancing, especially during the last 3 songs of their set (including encore)

plus norma jean had the whole full on blinding lights and video screen and stuff and were way more active on stage
im wondering wether or not to see them next week with Misery Signals

Id never heard them till 2 weeks ago, when i bought Silent Circus on random impulse. Completely blew me away, Aesthetic is the best song by a mile, but why oh why did they put Shevanel pt 2 on there? That song must have the worst lyrics i've ever heard in my life, kinda spoils the album a little bit.

Music is ace, the vocals are good but way overated
Quote by Jewboimalloy
Dont get me wrong people- i love my metalcore but it just seems as if BTBAM could do a lot better than the noise found on Alaska. The lead singer needs to screw up his vocal chords like M. Shadows of A7X and make some good music. They have the potential to be an amazing band, they just need to stick to melodic guitars like in the intro to Alaska and the same drums, but the singer must find a new style. Alaska was my first and last album of BTBAM, at least until their vocals get more talented. If only they new how famous they would be if they didnt overdub like 10 screaming vocals.... i dont think they know it but noone can hear any instruments non the less lyrics in any of their songs... do you guys agree?

Peace-
JEWBOI

I could never agree with that. A7X's vocals are what I hate about that band then a dozen other things. Alaska is a great album, just listen to Selkies:the Endless Obsession. A7X sucks
Quote by fourstringpunk

Id never heard them till 2 weeks ago, when i bought Silent Circus on random impulse. Completely blew me away, Aesthetic is the best song by a mile, but why oh why did they put Shevanel pt 2 on there? That song must have the worst lyrics i've ever heard in my life, kinda spoils the album a little bit.

See them, they will probly play Backwards Marathon and you will see why I think he has some of the best vocals
The vocals on Alaska aren't nearly high enough in the mix. I've been listening to it a ton lately and it continues to bug me.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Cory Smash
I love Alaska. I also have their self-titled and that's amazing too. Aspirations is an awesome song that will be playing either at my funeral or my wedding (or both).

That'd be sweet. The interlude part sounds like a Christmas carol or something.
Quote by Jewboimalloy
Dont get me wrong people- i love my metalcore but it just seems as if BTBAM could do a lot better than the noise found on Alaska. The lead singer needs to screw up his vocal chords like M. Shadows of A7X and make some good music. They have the potential to be an amazing band, they just need to stick to melodic guitars like in the intro to Alaska and the same drums, but the singer must find a new style. Alaska was my first and last album of BTBAM, at least until their vocals get more talented. If only they new how famous they would be if they didnt overdub like 10 screaming vocals.... i dont think they know it but noone can hear any instruments non the less lyrics in any of their songs... do you guys agree?

Peace-
JEWBOI

if everybody listened to people like you, music(in this case metal) woud never progress that much, and it would be same old shit every year.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
i really cannot listen to this band
i bought alaska the other day. its the worst album ive ever bought in my life.
the songs are so bad.
the best thing is the 10sec intro to alaska.
thats it.
i ****ing agree with you jewboy =]
put it there my fellow jew (h5)
^ From someone who worships BMTH.
Get a ****ing life and listen to good music before it's too late.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by fourstringpunk
Aesthetic is the best song by a mile, but why oh why did they put Shevanel pt 2 on there? That song must have the worst lyrics i've ever heard in my life, kinda spoils the album a little bit.

You have to know who Shevanel is to appreciate the lyrics in that song and how he is mentioned throughout their songs.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle

You are correct sir, but tone the superopinion down a bit.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by fourstringpunk

That song is tight.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by SilentSpectacle
You have to know who Shevanel is to appreciate the lyrics in that song and how he is mentioned throughout their songs.

What is the story behind him anyways?
They rightfully destroyed "Three Of A Perfect Pair" by King Crimson on Anatomy Of...
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Quote by YYZ
What is the story behind him anyways?

Shevanel is a homeless man in their hometown, along with his dog Plip. What Tommy finds so fascinating about him as that despite the fact he has absolutely nothing and lives a life complete poverty, he was the happiest person Tommy has ever met.
Quote by Disco Vietnam
Shevanel is a homeless man in their hometown, along with his dog Plip. What Tommy finds so fascinating about him as that despite the fact he has absolutely nothing and lives a life complete poverty, he was the happiest person Tommy has ever met.

wow I never knew that, thanks man.
Quote by bloodstained
They rightfully destroyed "Three Of A Perfect Pair" by King Crimson on Anatomy Of...

I thought it was better than the original. The only song I didn't really like was Blackened because those vocals just sound bad with that song. Us And Them wasn't really impressive either, it's pretty much the same.
I'm just pissed they played Bicycle Race live because all the faggy bandos at my school insist queen is the greatest so i hate them, plus they are way overrated IMO

I wished they would have played Aesthetic instead
Quote by YYZ
I thought it was better than the original. The only song I didn't really like was Blackened because those vocals just sound bad with that song. Us And Them wasn't really impressive either, it's pretty much the same.

Nah it wasn't that bad, just they should have chose a better King Crimson song, with the talent BTBAM possess, they should've have completed one of King Crimson's lengthier compositions, like Starless.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Last edited by bloodstained at Jan 4, 2007,
there cover of cemetary gates is crap and so is their cover of blackened, didnt really listen to any of the others.

but i like a few of there original songs.
Quote by LedZeppelin
A lot of guitarists are more "talented" than Dimebag was. Dimebag's genius came in his riffs, which had incredible aggression, groove, and style, as well as his solos. He could shred his ass off as well, so it's debatable whether Wagoner is better. I like them both.

They both play in extremely different worlds, so it's hard to compare. BTBAM and Pantera have completely different technique. That being said, Paul pwns!
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
Quote by SilentSpectacle

mate between the buried and me are so crap.
its just like *riff* *stop* *screamscreamscreameveryoneplayeverythingatoncescreamscreamscream*

bmth isnt.
plus theyd put on a way better show. ive seen them live and if lostprophets can beat them then how will btbam?
obviously youve never really heard a btbam song.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
i never ever thought i'd have to quote myself.
Quote by xDropxDeadx
i really cannot listen to this band
i bought alaska the other day. its the worst album ive ever bought in my life.

read it douchebag
i bought the album.
so dont tell me i avnt listened to it like.