Page 5 of 523
I bet you listen to Drop Dead, Gorgeous.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by xDropxDeadx

read it douchebag
i bought the album.
so dont tell me i avnt listened to it like.

ooo hoo touchy arent we?

if you have it like you say you do then you know that what you said about them isnt true. They are quite melodic and the fact that they go between they're ambient jazz sections to dissonance and back again amazes me. BMTH on the other hand copies and pastes the worst parts of every deathcore band out there and passes it off as music.

Please, take Spencer's advice
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by drummaross1015
a7x are horrible wat are you talkin about

you are a chode.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
i cant really get into them, theyre a bit too much for me. i dont have a problem with the singing, its just when they overdub it like 10 times it sorta annoys me.
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Quote by xDropxDeadx
mate between the buried and me are so crap.
its just like *riff* *stop* *screamscreamscreameveryoneplayeverythingatoncescreamscreamscream*

bmth isnt.
plus theyd put on a way better show. ive seen them live and if lostprophets can beat them then how will btbam?

Hot Christ! You can't get to be much more of a faggot than this right here, kids.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
They just released an instrumental version of "alaska" for all you guitar playas out there. It makes it so much easier to learn their stuff now.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
anyone else think it would be amazing if they dropped all the screaming/growling and just made a whole cd with clean singing? I think he has a great singning voice but I can't stand his growl.
-Zach
Someone had an idea to come out with a double disc where one's all screamy crazygonuts and the others just all mellow. I think that would be neat.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by guitarwannabe16
Someone had an idea to come out with a double disc where one's all screamy crazygonuts and the others just all mellow. I think that would be neat.

yeah that would be sweet! hey where would one go to hear the instrumental track BTW?
-Zach
I have a subscription music thing w/yahoo and they had it on there. Im sure you can find it elsewhere though.

EDIT: and its the whole cd btw minus Croakies, Roboturner, and Backwards Marathon.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Last edited by guitarwannabe16 at Jan 17, 2007,
Quote by Gomorrah
I bet you listen to Drop Dead, Gorgeous.

sometimes I listen to Drop Dead, Gorgeous .... but i try not to enjoy it.

jk...therye okay i guess?

but posters points are all fuggin bullocks.

bah...i forgot everything i was going to say so whatever.
Quote by guitarwannabe16

EDIT: and its the whole cd btw minus Croakies, Roboturner, and Backwards Marathon.

ohh, that sounds amazing, I though you meant just the song "Alaska". I need to get this.
-Zach
yea dude its incredible. I looked it up online but i didnt see it at very many stores so if you want i could send it to you. Unfortunately, the only way i can send it is through yahoo messenger if you have one.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
New album being written right now, tour slated for this Summer. Can't wait. Hopefully, they'll keep it up and "innovate".
I love bTBAM, but i just wish they'd write cool SONGS, not cool PARTS to songs.

Its like with Aesthetic; amazing intro, then the rest of the song is pretty forgettable.
Or All Bodies, where you just listen to it for the "Keeper of the stars..." part.

Kinda frsutrates me
You put it very well. They need to work on the songwriting aspect. Stuff like Selkies, Autodidact, and The Primer do it very well, but the rest of the CD is jumbled wholetone scale harmonizing. I enjoy it greatly, but they would be fan-****ing-tastic instead of just in-****ing-credible if they worked on that part of the music.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by guitarwannabe16
yea dude its incredible. I looked it up online but i didnt see it at very many stores so if you want i could send it to you. Unfortunately, the only way i can send it is through yahoo messenger if you have one.

I'll take you up on that sometime, I'll send you a PM soon.

Quote by fourstringpunk

Its like with Aesthetic; amazing intro, then the rest of the song is pretty forgettable.
Or All Bodies, where you just listen to it for the "Keeper of the stars..." part.

Kinda frsutrates me

Yep, I agree.
-Zach
sounds good.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by fourstringpunk

Kinda frsutrates me

All bodies pwns all the way through , what're you talking about?
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
The only song that I can't listen to the entire way through is Alaska. It's just the intro and then skip.
it seems like every one is against alaska, i guess im the only one who liked it :/
CircleTakesTheSquare

Somewhere out there there's a thrill I swear.

ESP LTD MH-400
Fender amp 65w with DSP
LINE 6 UBER METAL
Quote by BR00TAL
I can listen to pretty much every btbam song all the way through and love every second of it.

Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
yo **** any btbam haters!!!!
i've ****ing seen them so many times to the point that the band reconizes me.
they are maybe the most perfect band i've come across in my entire Life!!!
yo anyone saying that tommy should break his vocal chords like that faggot from avenged sevenfold is ****ing retarded.
tommy would end the band if he couldn't scream anymore because (really) they would alienate their entire DIEHARD fanbase by only singing.
**** all you btbam haters in your ****ing a7x asses
I don't like as i lay dying
Quote by SGRocker0791
Which out of the three albums should I buy first?

Between The Buried and Me have four albums.

The first one is extremely raw. The name escapes me.

The second one has some quiet thrashy parts, but is bloody great.

Alaska is just wonderful in everyway.

Atomony Of was a let down for me, but great for many others. Sample before you buy.

I recommend Alaska personally.
yep alaska is a safe bet and it is an amazing cd!!! get it you'll die when you hear the music it is absolutely amazing!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Yeah, I'd say Alaska too. The First album I got from them was the first one they put out, and it kinda turned me off them, then I got Alaska and I've been a fan ever since.
-Zach
Quote by Craigo
Between The Buried and Me have four albums.

Oh, I didn't count The Anatomy Of, since it was just an album full of cover songs. Thanks for the recs.
Quote by fourstringpunk

Kinda frsutrates me

yeah i ****ing agree mate

alaska sick intro then it goes shit
selkies awesome middle section then goes shit again

its just different bits stuck together in one song
thats why they suck imo

and so many ppl like this band and bands like THE RED CHORD [god they suck]
and hate bands like bmth, black dahlia murder, ddg, and norma jean

i dont get it
Quote by xDropxDeadx
yeah i ****ing agree mate

alaska sick intro then it goes shit
selkies awesome middle section then goes shit again

its just different bits stuck together in one song
thats why they suck imo

and so many ppl like this band and bands like THE RED CHORD [god they suck]
and hate bands like bmth, black dahlia murder, ddg, and norma jean

i dont get it

It doesn't go shit. You probably can't appreciate progressive or experimental music in Metalcore/Metal bands, and as soon as you hear half a minute or so of a song without a 'Brutal' BMTH esq breakdown in it, you classify it as balls!

Thats why you don't get it.
Alaska is the only album I really like.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
It doesn't go shit. You probably can't appreciate progressive or experimental music in Metalcore/Metal bands, and as soon as you hear half a minute or so of a song without a 'Brutal' BMTH esq breakdown in it, you classify it as balls!

Thats why you don't get it.

wow.... he DOESN'T like thge metalcore parts; he likes the progressive parts there buddy.
hahahahaha why do we even debate with people who can't identify the parts in the song? it is pointless!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason