rpguitardude
bored
426 IQ
I just want to know how to remove the scratches on my strat. I thought I should get it re-painted but I realized the scratches are not that visible anyway. but I still want to remove the scratches..... is there a cheaper way of removing scratches ??
Revhain
ixnay on the ing-vay
140 IQ
no, I don't think that would remove scratches dude^

What part did ye scratch?
bradbradbrad
I pity the fool.
526 IQ
^^Try shutting up, noob.

I heard somewhere about a polish of somekind that somehow filled in the scratches in the finish. It may have only been for transparent finishes, I dunno. Ask at a music shop.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
rpguitardude
bored
426 IQ
Quote by Revhain
no, I don't think that would remove scratches dude^

What part did ye scratch?

the pickguard and the whole upper left part of the body...
T.S.R.
Banned
530 IQ
its painted right? not natural finish, i would suggest the polish stuff that removes/fills in scratches
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
I have a question for you: why is it that big a deal there's scratches on your guitar?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Revhain
ixnay on the ing-vay
140 IQ
Quote by rpguitardude
the pickguard and the whole upper left part of the body...

well.. you could try waxing it, more or less
dave293
‪‪‪
480 IQ
If the scratches arn't too deep they can but buffed out, Do a search for AlgeeEaters buffing tuturial that should have all you need.
jj1565
Officially Knighted
1,715 IQ
like dave said, and u can swap out the guard.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
boidi
267 IQ
Well, my very first guitar had this nasty dent on the pain job, went all the way down to the bare wood. this drove me nuts naturally, it was a cherry red color, and it REALLY showed. what i did was fill in the hole with glue, then i put tape on top of the wettish glue to contour it to the guitar. when it dried, it had a perfect glue filler. the tape has to be spot on though, else the fill in doesent quite work. then i just bought some nail polish in the exact same color, you could hardly tell the difference.

im in no way recommending this over sending it to get painted again or something, but in a pinch, it worked for me lol
f2294acrd
32 IQ
ok, i had this problem with the back of my epiphone lp. It was scratched from my belt, pissed me off. So i just took my buffer and buffed them out with a very light compound and a foam pad. Threw some paste wax on there and it looked great. Now if you have a buffer you can probably fit it in the front, even tho the area that your talking about is really small. I detail cars, so i have this stuff around my house. if you dont, just go get some meguiars scratch x. work that in with a microfiber towel, and wax over it with a good filler wax. Any paste wax would do fine.
Bazilisck311
The White Garcian Smith
445 IQ
If it's got a clearcoat finish, you could buff it out with some rubbing compound and wax over it
rpguitardude
bored
426 IQ
Quote by T.S.R.
its painted right? not natural finish, i would suggest the polish stuff that removes/fills in scratches

where can I buy this "polish stuff" and how much ???
luxlucis
13 IQ
I for some really stupid reason decide to hit my guitar of a snare drum (i really don't no why) luckily it was just a cheap Jaguar copy i got and have been trying to get it more like a jaguar (changing neck, pickups etc.) but it has a really deep scratch in the body now, how do you get rid of it??? its natural finish with a lacquer over it

Attachments:
guitaratiug.jpg