Page 3 of 10
Doolittle will always be one of my favourite albums!!!
Mark Waddington is the funniest man alive!!!
Quote by Rodeo_clown
Doolittle will always be one of my favourite albums!!!

And Pixies will always be one of my favorite bands. I just listened to Alec Eiffel in the van and figured out the time signature change is actually really simple in the chorus/outro.
I always loved the song Debaser and I just found out today The Pixies wrote it. I have to pick up Doolittle next time I get money. From what I've heard the Pixies sound amazingly good.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
I always loved the song Debaser and I just found out today The Pixies wrote it. I have to pick up Doolittle next time I get money. From what I've heard the Pixies sound amazingly good.

Doolittle's definitely a good place to start. That's a damn catchy album.
I just got Trompe Le Monde the other day, and after a couple listens it's really growing on me. For anyone who's owned it for a while, how does it compare to the band's earlier material? The store I was at didn't have Bossanova, so I went straight to Trompe. I own Surfer Rosa and Doolittle. But what are everyone's thought's on Trompe Le Monde? I'm curious.
Plus I should try to revive this thread. It's unnaturally dead.
I don't really like anything after Doolittle, I listened to both albums once or twice and it never really caught my attention.

I found Doolittle at my aunt's house and I thought "I've heard they've good, I'll take it." So I got home and gave it a listen on my Cd player. The first song I heard was Debaser and I thought "OMG this is the coolest thing I've ever heard!" That's when I fell in love with the Pixies.
i think bossanova's the only weak album personally (not that it's bad, just not as consistently outstanding as the others). trompe le monde takes some getting used to, it's obviously not as memorable as the first two albums, but it's very good.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
i think bossanova's the only weak album personally (not that it's bad, just not as consistently outstanding as the others). trompe le monde takes some getting used to, it's obviously not as memorable as the first two albums, but it's very good.

Aw, really? I was hoping Bossanova was better than Trompe Le Monde (just so I could get really excited about getting it). Trompe Le Monde, like you said, needs some time to grow on you. I've had it for about a month now, and I listened to it today for maybe the 5th time and I'm really starting to love it.
I've heard Bossanova holds a more surf-rock influence in it than the other Pixies albums. Is this true/good?
Bossanova is my favourite album, don't get me wrong I think all of their albums are amazing but I just loved the tripped out surfy Sci-fi UFO songs.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
"Make Believe" is one of my favorite songs ever. Tabbed it perfectly for Guitar Pro.
I love The Pixies favorite tracks are

Tame
Letter To Memphis
I Bleed
and all time favorite......Wave Of Mutilation

that song is just wow
My favorite Pixies records, in order, are;

Surfer Rosa
Come On Pilgrim
Doolittle
Pixies At The BBC
Bossanova
Trompe Le Monde

Each record they released in my opinion wasn't as good as the last, but when it's common knowledge that Trompe Le Monde is a friggin fantastic album, you know you've got something special here. I personally like the chaotic, thrashing, noisy, screaming, of the early days. I'm not a huge fan of screaming and yelling, but goddamn that's just one nice scream Charles has got there. I can't wait for a homecoming show in Boston.

Question: What the HELL does Joey use for an effect on Dead? Specifically during the chorus. He is just bending up the g string so the pitch almost matches the b string, creating that almost tremolo effect? What?
Do you like their cover of Jesus and Mary Chain - Head On? I reckon they aced it. Probably better IMHO
pixies doing head on was great
i like it, but i know many people don't so much
Quote by uhh_me?

Yeah, I don't think many people like covers full stop.
Quote by uhh_me?
pixies doing head on was great

I think it's a great version.

Incidentally I saw the Jesus and Mary Chain a few weeks ago and felt their version needed a bit of extra rockin'.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
"I was basically trying to rip off the Pixies"
Kurt Cobain on Smells like Teen Spirit.

one of the most influencial bands ever, easily on my top 3 favorites ever.

SLICIN UP EYEBALLSSSS
Our love is rice and beans and horse's lard.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by bah humbug
I have Doolittle

you don't own me! O_o
My two favorite Pixies song would have to be Hey and Ed is Dead.

Quote by phobik
"I was basically trying to rip off the Pixies"
Kurt Cobain on Smells like Teen Spirit.

Smells Like Teen Spirit got the same rare chord sequence as Pixies "Break My Body" chorus. It's in other key through.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Jefrey with one "f," Jeffrey.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by browar
Smells Like Teen Spirit got the same rare chord sequence as Pixies "Break My Body" chorus. It's in other key through.

i didnt know that. i thought he was pulling from debaser, the intro bassline is sort of similar to smells like teen spirit. at any rate, the pixies were a definate influence on him, and on thom yorke for that matter
I've been listening to them alot lately, and I'm getting $40 today. Should I get Doolittle or Surfer Rosa?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah, I agree get Doolittle.

"Wave of Mutilation" is probably my favorite song by the Pixies right now. Great band, though.
Ok I'll get it when I have the chance.

Maybe both
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^ I have you
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
I want you, baaad

I want the album you got your UG name from too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano