Page 5 of 10
i'll give a whack at it

thanks to you, i'm slowly getting into them now
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.

Its not the easiest band to get into, but they make such complete albums. Like if you hear just one random pixies song, you might just think another rocky, grungy, quirky band. But if you listen to one of their albums from 1- whatever, you can appreciate it a bit better!

Mikko always to the rescue lol
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
yeah i am

yeah, they were hard for me at first to get into... kinda thought they were annoying, but hen I fell asleep listening to them... and now they are like drilled into my brain
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

haha, yea frank black's voice take a bit to get used to...at first I was like " what so great about these guys"

It just grows on you.......still no one in this thread, makes me sad

Mikko and I need company!
i am company a-plenty.

so yeah, i haven't listened to Pixies in a while. i have tried listening to the new Breeders album, but for the most part it sucks.
I never liked the Breeders, seems really dry......

Like you feel Kim Deal's presence, but its not as bold
Quote by uhh_me?
i am company a-plenty.

so yeah, i haven't listened to Pixies in a while. i have tried listening to the new Breeders album, but for the most part it sucks.

I had no idea who the Breeders were, so I checked them out and I realized that they sang Cannonball... good song

and three's always a crowd...

a good crowd, of course
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by mikko_9119
I had no idea who the Breeders were, so I checked them out and I realized that they sang Cannonball... good song

I've heard Cannonball and a couple other Breeders songs whose names I can't even remember. Pretty forgettable, I thought.

So does anyone here have Frank's latest solo album, Bluefinger? I haven't checked it out yet, but I've been curious about it. Seems pretty cool, from what I've read about it.
Quote by SethMegadefan
I've heard Cannonball and a couple other Breeders songs whose names I can't even remember. Pretty forgettable, I thought.

So does anyone here have Frank's latest solo album, Bluefinger? I haven't checked it out yet, but I've been curious about it. Seems pretty cool, from what I've read about it.

I actually never followed him after the pixies, good place to start?
i've found that most pixies related albums (frank black, breeders) have been pretty bland in comparison to most of the pixies stuff.

although i thought frank blacks teenager of the year was alright.
I really liked Last Splash. The rest of the Breeders stuff I've heard, though, doesn't do much for me.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by TV Party
Vamos is also probably one of the best songs ever written.

That song is nuts. Love it.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I think vamos is ok, I get the point of the song and the experimentation, but IO think the "solo"/ effects goes on a bit long. Stilol though, an awesome song indeed.
I think The Pixies are the best band ever, In my opinion there best album is Surfer Rosa, and id say Trompe Le Monde is the weaker album but still is better than alot of stuff i have heard. There best songs in my opinion are probably, Monkey Gone To Heaven, Tame (especially live ), Gigantic, Caribou, The Happening, Dig For Fire, Letter To Memphis and U-Mass but really you cant choose a best pixies song or an album, because each of them are brilliant.
I'm listening to Bossanova right now. Great cd. I just ordered Come on Pilgrim a few hours ago...but more importantly, the documentary about them, loudQUIETloud, is on demand under free movies for anyone who has comcast. It's available until 7/01. I haven't seen it yet but I'm probably going to watch it in a few minutes.

Just thought I'd post in here to let everyone know.
Hi i think the Pixies are an amazing band, i have all there albums and id say Doolittle is the best but none are bad. Does anybody want a pixies/breeders song tabbed out on here, i will tab it if you come to my page and tell me what one i will do the rhythm and the lead. Thanks
Pixies are in my opinion one of the top bands ever. My favorite song is No. 13 Baby, the first half is great and the second half is simply amazing..

It's great to see people at ultimate guitar liking them! Most people I know say "Pixies? No thank you."
I f*cking love the Pixies.

I actually just got into them really recently, about a month or so ago I was going through the free movies on my cable, and it had their documentary, loudQUIETloud.
I had been meaning to listen to them, and I was quite impressed and intrigued by the film, so a few days later I ordered both Doolittle and Surfer Rosa off of Amazon.

I totally fell in love with them.

I personally prefer Doolittle at the moment.
I have to give them credit for originality on Surfer Rosa though hahaha.

I've heard songs off of the latter albums and they sound pretty awesome too, so I'm going to buy those as well.

But they are one of the best, most original bands I've ever heard.
Quote by Monkeygone2hvn
the pixies are amazing, one of my favorite bands...

my favorite songs are hey, break my body, where is my mind, and gouge away...

"Break My Body" is ****ing incredible man. It's so me.
Quote by PistolPeet
there awesome!

Surfer Rose kicks Doolittle's ass tho. Just forf the simple fact that it has Tonys Theme on it!

THIS IS A SONG ABOUT A SUPER HERO NAMED TONY! ITS CALLED TONYS THEME!

Lol, the band's least favorite song.
my favorite is definitely gouge away
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!
Look at my User Title for my favorite song.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
My favorite song is Bone Machine, always has been.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Saif Mehdi
Lol, the band's least favorite song.

How do you know that? I love that song

My favorite right now is Mr. Grieves but it switched, usually with a different Doolittle track lol
Hey is my fave.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

you're all wrong, Broken Face ftw
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Hey is my fave.

+1. Very cool, laid back track.
It's gonna be a blue day
I have Come On Pilgrim, Surfer Rosa, Doolittle, Bossanova, and Trompe Le Monde. I definitely like their early-to-mid-era work moreso than the later albums.
Quote by bah humbug
you're all wrong, Crackity Jones ftw

fixed
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Tame is a really good song.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown