Page 1 of 43
We need a Black Sabbath thread on this forum. Since the other one died, here is the new one.
This thread is for Black Sabbath talk only. And none of that "Sabbath is gay" on here. This for Sabbath fans so if you don't like it, get the hell out of here.

Lets start of with your favourite sabbath album, say why it's your favourite album and whats your favourite song/s on it.

Mine would be Master Of Reality because its when Iommi and Butler started detuning their guitars which give a dark, sludgy sound on the record and it has some pretty good lyrics. The best songs on it would be After Forever, Children Of The Grave, Into The Void, and Lord of this World.

Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
I need to pick up a Sabbath album some time. They're great, and haven't lost any of their intensity over the years. I love Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Lord Of This World especially.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Sabbath is gay.

You can't say you didn't see that coming. And mods are supposed to make Only threads
Originally posted by HateEternal
Uh.... ok big deal

If my aunt had balls shed be my uncle
sabbath is too good for the computer... LOL

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Probably about Sabbath being gay.

My favorite album is probably Master of Reality and song would have to be Children of the Grave.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Black Sabbath, the godfathers of Metal. Amazing band IMO. My favorite song by them is "War Pigs."
Into the Void = best song ever.

I have Master of Reality, Paranoid, and their self-titled and they all rock hard.
Quote by grimreaper65
Into the Void = best song ever.

I have Master of Reality, Paranoid, and their self-titled and they all rock hard.

I love the damn riff dude it's so Iommi! Black Sabbath is the cross between Heavy Metal and Rock n' Roll, and the ****in' kick ass!

Favorite Album: Paranoid (Rat Salad favorite song on there)
^ yeah, i know.

I love how they can have that hard rock mentality, and still be incredibly mellow at the same time, it's amazing.
I need to own a Sabbath album sometime, not because I am necessarily in love with the music, but just on principle. Probably gonna get Masters of Reality or the self titled, as they seem the best choices.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Sabbath ftw. First six albums are untouchable, particualy S/T, Master of Reality and Vol. 4.

I'm right there with ya. I think Dio was a good singer but Sabbath is and was always Ozzy so I didn't bother to buy any Dio-Sabbath albums when I first started getting into them.
I own paranoid, still gets a spin once in a while.
I also think my dad has never say die on LP somewhere.
</IMO>
Quote by distilledspirit
I'm right there with ya. I think Dio was a good singer but Sabbath is and was always Ozzy so I didn't bother to buy any Dio-Sabbath albums when I first started getting into them.

Me too.
Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
I know this isn't really about sabbath but have you guys seen that south park episode with Dio on it, it made me laugh. By the way, who do you think is a better singer dio or ozzy. I have to say dio. I do like ozzy's stuff in sabbath and solo but I think he just has a crap voice and he's a sellout too and I hate Sharon stupid Bitch
I think that they're songs are so good to jam to
they were such as a good blend of heaviness and their own time
list ten to War Pigs and Planet Caravan back-to-back and you'll undesrtand

'tis life
Dio can sing his ass off but it didnt suit the darkness /intensity that sabbath portrayed. Ozzy brought something else that Dio didnt/doesnt have in my opinion. It just didnt feel right IMO, i cant even explain it l9ol.

BTW just learned frikin Symptom of the Universe on drums, *gives self cookie*
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Dio is a better singer vocal wise but Ozzy sounds better to me. Especially in Sabbath. when Dio came along I reckon they totaly lost there sound they were renounded for.
Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
Yeah, Sabbaths music was meant to be heavy and simple, Dio sounds to much like an opera singer, although I really do like Heaven and Hell
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
what r u talkin about, ozzy is the best singer sabbath's ever had. Black sabbath was garbage without ozzy

my fav. song would prob. be paranoid or the warning. their best album is by far paranoid.
They're pretty good. You gotta hand it to 'em for their role in metal music, just because. Otherwise, I do like them, but not as much as some people around here, I don't listen to them that much.
Quote by Rock1986
Yeah, Sabbaths music was meant to be heavy and simple, Dio sounds to much like an opera singer, although I really do like Heaven and Hell

LOL, "Dio sounds lika a opera singer"
Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath has recently become one of my favortie cd's
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
"I don't know about keys or read music or really understand notes because I just get up there and scream and jump around. "

-Ozzy Osbourne

Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

Quote by gaspasser88
"I don't know about keys or read music or really understand notes because I just get up there and scream and jump around. "

-Ozzy Osbourne

And what is your point?

You don't need to be a Theory nerd and worry about all of that to sing in a metal band, It's about having good time.
Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
Does anyone know of a DVD that is footage of the Paris concert in 1970? (The whole concert, not just NIB and War pigs.) Apparently there is one that I've read of random sites but I have never seen it on Amazon or anything.

They should release it on DVD.
Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
Quote by gaspasser88

-Ozzy Osbourne

And? I don't really like Ozzy as a singer, but for what Sabbath was, he owned.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Ozzy's vocals make me die a little inside. They were revolutionary for their time and I respect them for what they did.... but listening to new metal and and then going back t that it just seems so... boring.

Iommi was a revolutionary guitarist and each member of teh badn was talented in their own way.... but I can't stand Ozzy!
shouldnt this be in the classic rock forum? anyway, sabbath are the godfathers of metal they own there instruments and they own everyone on earth. they are the greatest. iommi puts down riffs like a fat kid puts down peas. ozzy owns
I own: S/T, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol. 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and Heaven and Hell.

I <3 Black Sabbath.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by grimreaper65
Just got Paranoid on Vinyl.

I love vinyl.

Playing a cd is like jerking off with a condom. Playing a vinyl is like the real thing! That's where its at. Especially a Sabbath Vinyl. I got first 4 albums on Vinyl.
Man, i saw this thread and HAD to post.

Favourite CD is Master of Reality, awesome opening track "Sweet Leaf", beautiful instrumental "Orchid" and Children Of The Grave kciks taco. My favourite part it the drums

I have Self-titled, Paranoid (Both tied for second favourite) and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Its been said before, and ills ay it again they are THE godfathers of metal, no matter how many people say Zeppelin just because they came first. They're all genuises (Except for Bill he's just plain good) and inspire everyone in any genre of music, from metal to pop-rock-ish crap. (I saw the drummer from Mobile wearing a Master Of Reality Tshirt in a video). 4th favourite band.

And are Heaven and Hell and Volume 4 good cds? I was hesitant to buy them for whatever reason...
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join