Page 4 of 43
Quote by slisken
Ozzy Osbourne is the world's most overrated singer.

Dio don't sound like an opera singer. You can't sound more evil than Dio

Ozzy sounds like a 12 year old boy who can't sing. But the songs are too good even for him to ruin.

A little hypocritical I think. You say he's the most overrated singer and then say he can't sing.

Personally I think he suits Sabbath perfectly, the imperfect made pure perfection.
New song with Dio, The Devil Cried (one of the 3 new songs recorded for the Dio years compliation).
This reminds me a lot of something from Dehumanizer. Fecking HEAVY.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0AAAC206266C5647
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
/cry
I used to own EVERY Sabbath album but my CD case got stolen at the airport. They were all in there.
Sabbath is my favorite band in the world...
And Iron Man is overrated among the throngs of middle-school kids (Which I am included in) on the planet.
Children of the Grave and Paranoid are awesome, although I love The Wizard too.

Tony Iommi's birthday was earlier this week. Feb 19th. They didn't announce it at my school. It pissed me off.
You should make someone pay for stealing your sabbath CD!!! Although i am sure they will get what's coming to them. i mean, they stole the prince of darkness, how smart is that.... i hope he bites their heads off
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by CSguitarist

And Iron Man is overrated among the throngs of middle-school kids (Which I am included in) on the planet.

Iron Man is actually an excellent song. Everyone is just afraid to say so because they're afraid they'll get lumped with all the kids you're talking about.

Can anyone tell me what string gauge Tony Iommi used to be able to detune his instrument so low.
I think it was two steps down right?
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
He uses surprisingly light strings, even when he's tuned as low as Db because of the finger injury he had. 9 or 10 I believe.

On what albums does he tune that low? I only really care for the Ozzy material and thats all in Eb if I'm not mistaken.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by chylde_of_fire
New song with Dio, The Devil Cried (one of the 3 new songs recorded for the Dio years compliation).
This reminds me a lot of something from Dehumanizer. Fecking HEAVY.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0AAAC206266C5647

Can you please try uploading that again. I only got a message saying the download limit has been exceeded and I tried the links that have been going around for online streaming and had no luck there either. If you could it would be greatly appriciated, I really wanna hear it!

Thanks
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Quote by AcidBath443
On what albums does he tune that low? I only really care for the Ozzy material and thats all in Eb if I'm not mistaken.

He uses that tuning on Master of Reality, Vol.4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage, and Dehumanizer. (not on every single song though)

Quote by Master Shake
Can you please try uploading that again. I only got a message saying the download limit has been exceeded and I tried the links that have been going around for online streaming and had no luck there either. If you could it would be greatly appriciated, I really wanna hear it!

Thanks

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/2007/02/listen_to_the_devil_cried_legally.html
Try those links.
It's apparently being released as a single anyway.

Thanks chyle_of_fire for the link. Man, that was some pretty heavy riffage by Iommi in there. Can definately hear and feel the power of his SG pickups Harder than anything by Sabbath that I have heard, but I have not heard any of their post mob rules stuff so am not sure how accurate I am.

Dio sounds good. His voice has held up well after all these years, escpecially compared to Ozzy. This looks promising and Heaven and Hell are slated to come to Montreal in the Spring although I do not know the exact date.

About the Dio Ozzy debate; the whole thing may be moot as Black Sabbath is driven by Iommi's guitar sound and riffs. Without him there would be no Sabbath or metal. Sure people have their preferences for Ozzy or Dio and some people like Tony Martin, who I have never heard, but in the end Iommi makes the Sabbath machine work. End of story.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
He uses that tuning on Master of Reality, Vol.4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage, and Dehumanizer. (not on every single song though)

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/2007/02/listen_to_the_devil_cried_legally.html
Try those links.
It's apparently being released as a single anyway.

I tried those ones too and still heard nothing
Or can anyone else who downloaded it upload it please!!!
Last edited by Master Shake at Feb 28, 2007,
/\ The link for black-sabbath.com was working for me. Maybe you just had a glitch or something. Try again Master Shake, hopefully you will have luck this time.
Quote by TwistedLogic
/\ The link for black-sabbath.com was working for me. Maybe you just had a glitch or something. Try again Master Shake, hopefully you will have luck this time.

I have tried at LOT of times over the past two days on all links and still cant hear it but everyone else can (except for computer in my house) Im not sure whether its my internet, or computer..... its really strange??
i know a feew of their songs on guitar:

Iron Man
War pigs
Nib
Black Sabbath
Children of the grave
Sabbath bloody Sabbath
Heaven and Hell
Zero the Hero
The Wizard
Evil Woman
Wicked World
Fairies Wear Boots
Paranoid
Planet Caravan
Embryo
Electric Funeral
Sweet Leaf
Lord of this World
Into the Void
Hand of Doom
Behind the Wall of Sleep
Supernaut
Snowblind
Dirty Women
Hard Road
Never say Die
Hole in the sky
Tommorrow's Dream

I know some on Bass:
NIB
Planet Caravan
Sweet Leaf
Behind the Wall of Sleep
Hand of doom
War pigs
Iron Man
Paranoid
Heaven and hell
Quote by ferretman
I know this isn't really about sabbath but have you guys seen that south park episode with Dio on it, it made me laugh. By the way, who do you think is a better singer dio or ozzy. I have to say dio. I do like ozzy's stuff in sabbath and solo but I think he just has a crap voice and he's a sellout too and I hate Sharon stupid Bitch

yeah kinda. I like Ozzy a lot more but Dio's a better singer
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by TwistedLogic

The above is hte link I successfully used to listen to the new track the devil cried. Give it a shot and hopefully it will work Master Shake.

Thats the link i tried before...... no luck If I use the quick time one it comes up as an error or nsport which I have no idea what it could mean. I asked my brother too who is a complete computer nerd and he also doesnt have a clue why it wont work. No one else seems to have a problem which is just really strange
Maybe you need to fix a glitch with the program on your computer. Also run a virus scan and run an ad aware program if you have one to see if you have any bugs in your system. And you might also try going to your system restore and using a previously saved snapshot of your system to get it up and running again. Just some thoughts off the top of my head.
Quote by TwistedLogic
Maybe you need to fix a glitch with the program on your computer. Also run a virus scan and run an ad aware program if you have one to see if you have any bugs in your system. And you might also try going to your system restore and using a previously saved snapshot of your system to get it up and running again. Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

lol I have no idea what any of that means
But I got my brother to try it on his computer too and that didnt work, which is even odder (is that a word??) He suggested it was the site which is clearly not the case.... just looks like i'll have to wait......
I would like to try it at work but I have no speakers but it should still play. I might try that tomorrow for an answer.

Thanks for your help though mate I appriciate it!
^Try
here if it still isn't working for you.

Hey thanks guy to both of you. TDC worked as the sample however the other tracks didnt which is weird but there is also a few versions floating around on youtube so I finally managed to hear it.

Thanks
Shake
I only have paranoid from them. Anyone know whats up with the guy dressed up like a soldier thing on the cover? And my favorite song is paranoid.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
The album was originally going to be called War Pigs, after the first track, and the cover was designed with that in mind. But the label was worried that it might be controversial because of Vietnam, so they changed the album name to Paranoid at the last minute, and left the artwork as it was.

Bump! This thread's been dead for a while.

Of course everyone HAS to pick between Ozzy and Dio and there's a lot of people who can love both eras, but who likes the Tony Martin era here? I know a lot of people hate it but I think Headless Cross and The Eternal Idol are brilliant albums. My favorite albums of late have been Dehumanizer and Headless Cross.

And the three new songs off the Dio-Sabbath CD rule very much. My favorite one of the three has to be Shadow of the Wind. It's so powerful.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by darkstar2466

Of course everyone HAS to pick between Ozzy and Dio and there's a lot of people who can love both eras, but who likes the Tony Martin era here? I know a lot of people hate it but I think Headless Cross and The Eternal Idol are brilliant albums. My favorite albums of late have been Dehumanizer and Headless Cross.

Tony Martin owns. Tyr is the best of the post Dio stuff I think.

My copy of the Heaven and Hell at Radio City Hall just came in the mail a couple minutes ago. I gotta go to work soon, but I'm gonna watch it when it get back, full blast. I'm so f*cking excited! After All is undoubtedly the greatest song ever.

Discuss.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
My copy of the Heaven and Hell at Radio City Hall just came in the mail a couple minutes ago. I gotta go to work soon, but I'm gonna watch it when it get back, full blast. I'm so f*cking excited! After All is undoubtedly the greatest song ever.

Discuss.

lol. You have to work.
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
I've been listening to the last 2 songs on my Mob Rules LP so much recently I think I'm starting to wear them out.
Oops.

/\Awesome. The song Over and Over is so moving. The riff truly evokes sadness in me and the lyrics are sung with real passion. I think it is actually about Dio expressing how he feels out of place in modern society. He writes lots of D&D theme lyrics I think because he really idenifies with the time period. Also the lyrics in Falling of the Edge of the World, the intro especially, seem to express his meloncholy of living in a time which he feels is not really his own. I know I am full of it but it is at least possible. I do not have a disk of Mob Rules but am stuck with an overused vinyl copy.

From Falling of the Edge of the World:
I think about closing the door
And lately I think of it more
I'm living well out of my time
I feel like i'm losing my mind

I should be at the table round
A servant of the crown
The keeper of the sign
To sparkle and to shine

Over and Over:
Sometimes I feel like I'm dying at dawn
And sometimes I'm warm as fire
But lately I feel like I'm just gonna rain
And it goes over, and over, and over again, yeah

Too many flames, with too much to burn
And life's only made of paper

Oh, how I need to be free of this pain
But it goes over, and over, and over, and over again

Yeah, sometimes I cry for the lost and alone
And for their dreams that will all be ashes

But lately I feel like I'm just gonna rain
And it goes over, and over, and over, and over again

The underlined passages is simply beautiful because, to me at least, it touchs on something we all have to face: mortality and trying to beat it.Anyone who makes fun of RJD's lyrics *cough Henry Rollins cough* after reading Over and Over is a total idiot or dylusional.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Sep 5, 2007,
The beginning verse of Falling Off the Edge Of the World is so beautiful. It's RJD at his best.

EDIT: And we need more Sabbath talk peoples. This forum is rather neglectful of the band that started it all.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Sep 6, 2007,
I fell in love with Sabbath in the beginning of this year.

But I have yet to love Dio. I can't do it. I just don't like his voice at all...and I tried listening to Heaven and Hell but I can't get over some of the cheesiness of the songs...but I guess I should still give it another chance...

My favorite song form them so far is Fairies Wear Boots. The riff is freaking awesome.
Fairies wear boots; totally awesone riff indeed. Love that song to bits. I know RJD's lyriics can be a bit cheesy but sometimes he writes some stuff that is more personal and relatable to others and he can really hit the spot. His lyrics on Long Live Rock and Roll with Rainbow did not deal with fantasy and ancient times but were more grounded in his feelings and the present time. Same on Mob Rules with Black Sabbath. Very good stuff. The lyrics to turn up the night are great and seem to be about him or someone being attracted to another person. I must admit to being surprised that you do not like his voice but hey, to each their own.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by femme fatale
I fell in love with Sabbath in the beginning of this year.

But I have yet to love Dio. I can't do it. I just don't like his voice at all...and I tried listening to Heaven and Hell but I can't get over some of the cheesiness of the songs...but I guess I should still give it another chance...

My favorite song form them so far is Fairies Wear Boots. The riff is freaking awesome.

Glad to hear that.

I find it really strange how a lot of people despise Ozzy's voice and another whole lot hate Dio's voice. I really love both of them. You just need to find it in you to appreciate Dio's vocals. He really is one of the greatest singer/writer/frontman/human-being to live, and he worked his butt off for over 45 years to get where he is now, and he deserves every ounce of respect from everyone.

And a lot of people think Dio's lyrics are super-cheesy, with a lot of his fantasy-talk, but I think you should look at the metaphorical aspect of a lot of his songs. There is so much more to his lyrics than meet the eye. Take a look at The Sign Of the Southern Cross for example. For an uneducated man, he writes some of the greatest lyrics ever, methinks.

I suggest you listen to the Dehumanizer album. It's heavy as f*ck and Dio comes back with an amazing combination of great song-writing and vocals.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Glad to hear that.

I find it really strange how a lot of people despise Ozzy's voice and another whole lot hate Dio's voice. I really love both of them. You just need to find it in you to appreciate Dio's vocals. He really is one of the greatest singer/writer/frontman/human-being to live, and he worked his butt off for over 45 years to get where he is now, and he deserves every ounce of respect from everyone.

And a lot of people think Dio's lyrics are super-cheesy, with a lot of his fantasy-talk, but I think you should look at the metaphorical aspect of a lot of his songs. There is so much more to his lyrics than meet the eye. Take a look at The Sign Of the Southern Cross for example. For an uneducated man, he writes some of the greatest lyrics ever, methinks.

I suggest you listen to the Dehumanizer album. It's heavy as f*ck and Dio comes back with an amazing combination of great song-writing and vocals.

True. I like ozzy's voice. I dunno, it just suits the band really well.
I really should give Dio another chance. I think I might have judge him far too harshly and quickly after listening to a few songs in H&H. I just don't really like the fantasy lyrics though. Which album was at his best?
Quote by TwistedLogic
Fairies wear boots; totally awesone riff indeed. Love that song to bits. I know RJD's lyriics can be a bit cheesy but sometimes he writes some stuff that is more personal and relatable to others and he can really hit the spot. His lyrics on Long Live Rock and Roll with Rainbow did not deal with fantasy and ancient times but were more grounded in his feelings and the present time. Same on Mob Rules with Black Sabbath. Very good stuff. The lyrics to turn up the night are great and seem to be about him or someone being attracted to another person. I must admit to being surprised that you do not like his voice but hey, to each their own.

Definitely. Fairies wear boots was an instant favorite. Then again, that whole album was perfection. It's funny how I got hooked to them. I looked them up after watching a special on vh1 classics. That...and I had a metalhead friend. lol I can't get into trivium though.