Page 5 of 43
Sabbath's my favourite band, with either Sabotage or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath being my favourite Ozzy-era albums. The stuff they did with Dio is absolutely classic, and even though I think Ozzy's voice suits the older material better than Dio's, Dio's a much better singer and frontman overall. Maybe not in Sabbath, but in general. After Master of Reality Ozzy's voice started to get whiny, and by the time Bark at the Moon came out, it became annoying.

The albums they did with Tony Martin/Ian Gillan are also awesome. I have Born Again on vinyl.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Quote by femme fatale
lol I can't get into trivium though.

Well that is good because they are a scenester band, not metal and pussies!
Quote by Cafas
Sabbath's my favourite band, with either Sabotage or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath being my favourite Ozzy-era albums. The stuff they did with Dio is absolutely classic, and even though I think Ozzy's voice suits the older material better than Dio's, Dio's a much better singer and frontman overall. Maybe not in Sabbath, but in general. After Master of Reality Ozzy's voice started to get whiny, and by the time Bark at the Moon came out, it became annoying.

The albums they did with Tony Martin/Ian Gillan are also awesome. I have Born Again on vinyl.

Glad to hear there's more people out there who know about the Born Again album. Good sh*t.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The Warning
Into the Void
Hand of Doom
Snowblind
Symptom of the Universe
Children of the Sea
From black-sabbath.com -

October 26, 2007
Holy shit! New Heaven & Hell album in 2008!

This is a complete 100% about face from everything I've been told. Since this project was started, I've been told not to expect anything past the tour, which ends in November. It was all about Dio going to do a new Magica album, etc, etc, etc... Well, spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska - it looks like we're getting a new Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell album in 2008, from Dio / Iommi / Butler / Appice. Normally I wouldn't update sites on my anniversary, but this news was too hot to hold back.

I was just sent this press release and was told to post it - it will go out in England on Monday.

For Immediate Release -

There's been much speculation of a forthcoming Black Sabbath reunion with the original line-up with Ozzy Osbourne at the helm, but founding member Geezer Butler has adamantly denied such rumors.

"Heaven and Hell are currently in discussions with various record labels about recording a brand new studio album in 2008," says Butler.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
My favorite music in this world is that made by that wonderful quartet. Every single song that those four have made is pure awesomeness, including the three new ones they made for the Dio Years album. I cannot f*cking wait for this new album, if it happens.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Can anyone tell me how the Heaven and Hell CD is? I loved the album (the one from way back when). I almost bought the DVD the other day, but chose Megadeths instead 'cuz I wasn't sure how H&H would be these days...
How H&H would be these days!? RJD is still at the top of his game, at an ancient age of 65, when most people's voices star deteriorating. Iommi is baller as ever, still cranking out those classic riffs and blazing fast solos and trills. I've never seen Geezer as excited and into his playing as he is nowadays, and Appice is of course an amazing drummer.

There are two reasons for you to buy the "Dio Years" CD:

1) All the tracks have been remastered and they sound brilliant.
2) The three new tracks they recorded for the CD will blow your mind away. I eagerly awaited 'The Devil Cried,' ever since they announced it, and it was surely an instant hit for myself. My favorite one of the three is 'Shadow of the Wind.' That song is so dank, and the lyrics are wonderful, with a memorable riff. 'Ear In the Wall' is a pretty awesome song as well, and not as strong as the other two, in my opinion, but a great song nonetheless.

If you have any amount of respect for RJD, Iommi, Butler, or Appice, you will go buy that CD now.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Off to go see them tomorrow....in spite of the fact that Wembely arena is the worst venue in the world, words cannot describe how excited I am right now.
Those of you who have been, what side of the stage has Tony been standing on?

Quote by chylde_of_fire
Off to go see them tomorrow....in spite of the fact that Wembely arena is the worst venue in the world, words cannot describe how excited I am right now.
Those of you who have been, what side of the stage has Tony been standing on?

I know your excitement. I was just in the same situation not too long ago. It's going to be the best goddamn concert of your life.

When they play Children Of The Sea, you will be so fu*cking happy, you'll forget about everything else and just enjoy every nanosecond of it.

The coolest part of the show for me was in Falling Off The Edge Of The World, when Appice does the cymbal roll, leading into just Iommi playing his riff. He did a little shoulder shrug, closed his eyes, and played it like it was second nature to him.

I love Sabbath.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Right then, off I go. Knowing you're about to be owned is a very nice feeling.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by darkstar2466
I know your excitement. I was just in the same situation not too long ago. It's going to be the best goddamn concert of your life.

When they play Children Of The Sea, you will be so fu*cking happy, you'll forget about everything else and just enjoy every nanosecond of it.

The coolest part of the show for me was in Falling Off The Edge Of The World, when Appice does the cymbal roll, leading into just Iommi playing his riff. He did a little shoulder shrug, closed his eyes, and played it like it was second nature to him.

I love Sabbath.

...and then he woke up, his blankets were wet and he realized it was all just a dream...
^ No, it actually happened, September 30th. One of the most memorable nights of my life.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Summary - big fucking orgasm.
Apart from Lamb of God who were poo.

Quote by chylde_of_fire
Summary - big fucking orgasm.
Apart from Lamb of God who were poo.

Haha, wasn't that pretty much the greatest thing you've seen? Dio is just so awesome.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Indeed it was.
Iced Earth were very cool, the new songs sounded a lot better live than on the album. Should have been the main support methinks.
Spent Lamb of God's set playing tennis on my phone. All I know is that their vocalist liked to spit a lot.

Sabbath set (more or less in order)-
E5150
Mob Rules
Children of the Sea
Sign of the Southern Cross
I
Drum Solo
Computer God
Falling off the Edge of the World
Voodoo
Guitar solo/Die Young
Heaven and Hell (w/massively extended guitar solo)

Shadow of the Wind
Neon Knights

Dio's vocals were somehow even better than when I saw him a couple of years ago, the playing was flawless, the stage was awesome, the arena was pretty much totally full, and literally everyone was singing the Heaven and Hell riff on the walk back to the train station.
T'was rather good, in other words.

Any thoughts on the forgotten and ignored gem of an album that is called Tyr?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
^tbh, I havn't ever heard it, I've been meaning to get it into my hands one day tho
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Sounds great! I gotta find that album somewhere

I can upload it for you, if you want it now.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
naah, I actually found it from some blogspot already but thanks hehhe

just realized I'm actually wearing my Black Sabbath shirt atm, it got Ozzy on it but whatever

Cool, give it a comprehensive listen. I'm going to go on a quest to own all Sabbath CD, studio and live. I bought five so far, but I guess I'll gather them all within the next couple of months.

Did you ever listen to any other Tony Martin albums?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
yeah I've got stuff from The Eternal Idol and Headless Cross

^ Again, two super-good ignored albums. Every track from Headless Cross is gold, especially "When Death Calls." I'm about to turn in for the night, but enjoy Tyr, and someone keep this thread alive for a change.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Eternal Idol is my favorite of the Martin albums I think...I remember it was the first ever album I bought on vinyl.

Martin got a great voice, he's pretty damn underrated

Martin has a cheesy as hell voice..... its not bad its just generic 80's feeling to it.

Honestly hate to sound like an Ozzy elitist but I don;t even bother with the post Ozzy stuff, it just doesn't have the same thickness music wise.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Martin has a cheesy as hell voice..... its not bad its just generic 80's feeling to it.

Honestly hate to sound like an Ozzy elitist but I don;t even bother with the post Ozzy stuff, it just doesn't have the same thickness music wise.

You seem to have never heard of Dehumanizer. The vibes off the album are quite like the name... very heavy, doomy, and probably the heaviest thing Sabbath has done. "Thick," as you may like to say.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Ill check it out

Which album do you guys consider the worst?

I hate Technical Ectasy, they really were losing it!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Blasphemy! With rockin tracks like Gypsy, Dirty Women, Rock 'N' Roll Doctor, and All Moving Parts Stand Still, that album owns.

If there's one thing special about Sabbath that's only true with a few other bands, it's that no matter who the vocalist, bassist, or drummer is, Sabbath always rocks because Tony Iommi is chargin' through.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I listened to Tyr btw, the "Odin's Court" and "Valhalla" epic is fuckin' great!

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Which album do you guys consider the worst?

Forbiden. I mean...Ice T..wut?

Technical Ectasy is way underated, Dirty Women and You Won't Change Me are two of my favorite Sabbath songs.

I think the Sabbath album I listen to least is probably Never Say Die, although I do enjoy it quite a bit. It's a bit more synthy than the other Ozzy albums.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Forbiden. I mean...Ice T..wut?

Technical Ectasy is way underated, Dirty Women and You Won't Change Me are two of my favorite Sabbath songs.

I like the album cover of Forbidden, but I havn't heard anything from it... a track featuring Ice T sounds bad enough tho

I like all the albums equally, but my favorite song's are Sweet Leaf,NIB,and Black Sabbath.
Quote by elbline
I like all the albums equally, but my favorite song's are Sweet Leaf,NIB,and Black Sabbath.

What do you mean by all? The Ozzy albums, or ALL the albums?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie