AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
I know that some will say they suck.. However if u really listen and if u learn teh lyrics you will realize how good tehy can be... What do u guys think?
Quote by ibaRGnes321

My grandma gives me the stranges things.

Last year for my birthday she got me soap on a rope. SOAP ON A ROPE! I have no idea what possessed her to do this.she was completely serious about it too.
nineinch9
32 IQ
alexisonfire are really good, and you're right about the lyrical part, just wish Dallas would have stuck with Alexisonfire instead of starting that City And Colour project. I DO NOT want to here another song about scissors and/or razorblades
Originally Posted by Abnormal_Omish
u dont play guitar with ure wrist

"LOL", what do you play it with then. Your face?
AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
Quote by nineinch9
alexisonfire are really good, and you're right about the lyrical part, just wish Dallas would have stuck with Alexisonfire instead of starting that City And Colour project. I DO NOT want to here another song about scissors and/or razorblades

I agree with you about the Dallas Green part... Did you here Charlie Sheen VS. Henry ROllins Yet?? It's a great song...
Quote by ibaRGnes321

Last year for my birthday she got me soap on a rope. SOAP ON A ROPE! I have no idea what possessed her to do this.she was completely serious about it too.
Last edited by AOF_Rules_24 at Apr 14, 2006,
AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
Ne ways...yeah... also if u can post ur fav song by them (if u have 1) that would be nice
Quote by ibaRGnes321

DeliriumTrigger
10 IQ
Counterparts and Number Them and A Dagger Through The Heart of St. Angeles are my favourites. I love their S/T, but I though Watch Out! was kind of weak.
AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
meh most of my fav songs are on watchout. NE ways I just hope that their new album doesnt suck
Quote by ibaRGnes321

AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
my fav is That Girl Possesed
Quote by ibaRGnes321

mr.joopy987
One guy, four eyes
342 IQ
Quote by nineinch9

Obviously, you don't understand the concept of a metaphor. City and Colour is better than Alexisonfire in my opinon, and I think that they are both great.
My favourite Alexis song is either The Kennedy Curse or Happiness By The Kilowatt
GuitarSymphony
UG Freak
1,206 IQ
I love Alexisonfire. Gotta love that guitar playing.
My favorite songs are Adelleda, .44 calliber love letter, and The Kennedy Curse
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
.:bleednomore:.
133 IQ
Alexisonfire is great
City and Colour is fantastic.
Self titled > Watch Out!
Rabbits?

Quote by Grovermans
why would she suck your dick?

she's not related to you...
ieatcellphones
32 IQ
the kennedy curse for sure. seconded by waterwings (blahblahblah).

and Dallas's solo stuff is pretty good. he's a damn good musician.
guitarwannabe16
2,376 IQ
I really like Alexisonfire alot. My favorite song would have to be control. That intro riff is so frickin awesome. I havent heard anything from their self-titled though.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
wow u gotta listen to s/t... Oh and i bet lots of people will agree with this.... i wish i could sing like dallas
Quote by ibaRGnes321

dead_kennedy
995 IQ
my favourite song is water wings, pretty much always will be. but 'hey it's your funeral mama' is growing on me more and more. i love the fact it's about go-karting haha.

i didn't used to like watch out! at all, but i've been listening to it more and more lately and it's defintely growing on me. i'm gonna be intrested to hear the new album.
rites of nothing.
ieatcellphones
32 IQ
Quote by dead_kennedy
my favourite song is water wings, pretty much always will be. but 'hey it's your funeral mama' is growing on me more and more. i love the fact it's about go-karting haha.

i didn't used to like watch out! at all, but i've been listening to it more and more lately and it's defintely growing on me. i'm gonna be intrested to hear the new album.

LOL. that song is about go-karting?? I never bothered checking out the lyrics..but that's awesome.
Lukeisonfire
offical Mod rock KING
3,072 IQ
I dont know them but everyone says I do because my name is lukeisonfire. I dont know who they are!!!?!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
Quote by ieatcellphones
LOL. that song is about go-karting?? I never bothered checking out the lyrics..but that's awesome.

Yeah they announced during their tour it was about go-karting
Quote by ibaRGnes321

jubella
76 IQ
i actually love alexisonfire i think the music is really cool and they're all great musicians and dallas' voice is great. i'm a huge fan of pulmanary archery, the kennedy curse, obviously jubella haha, and i LOVED watch out! i can't even pick a favorite it's just a very interesting album if you listen to how the bass and guitar play off each other brilliant
Affinity120
54 IQ
i saw alexisonfire at the mall today. Their best song is control followed by Pulmonary Archery.
AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
ic... last time i had a thread like this everyone taunted them
Quote by ibaRGnes321

stratstrummer40
antennas to heaven
798 IQ
Quote by .:bleednomore:.
Alexisonfire is great
Self titled > Watch Out!

basically.
Charlatan_001
No gods - No masters
2,596 IQ
I like City & Color. Dallas is great.

Alexisonfire is one of my fave bands. My fave songs would have to be Charlie Sheen vs henry Rollins, Waterwings, Pulmonary Archery, Accidents, No Transitory, and White Devil
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
not my favourite band but some of their songs really are amazing, counterparts and pulmonary archery especially. Their videos are sublime as well.
AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
the one video that is so annoying is Pulmonary Archery's video... The company didn'y even spell teh name right.. ne ways it looks like no one but the drums are in sinc with the music
Quote by ibaRGnes321

AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
I just found out their new cd comes out in may
Quote by ibaRGnes321

everytimeifry
dude
102 IQ
no transitory is my favorite song. you'll actually be suprised by the amount of people that LOVE alexisonfire in the hardcore forum.
Sandrix
UG's Kinky Chick
67 IQ
i like "Hey its your funeral mama"
i saw the film clip which was the first tiem i heard them. yay
Touch Me?
Quote by trem7
Sandrix, will you be my UG wife?
of course trem7!
~Female Member of UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
White_Devil
126 IQ
white devils a good song, lol. A dagger through the heart is a good song too. actually, pretty much all of them are good.
dealwithitdude
14 IQ
yeah alexisonfire are good. i'm probably gonna see them live in may. looking forward to it
Kruptos
Smoke weed everyday.
1,804 IQ
mmm i love alexisonfire, im thinking of getting a tat of their heart/skull thinger logo. i love the s/t but watch out! is good too. i havent heard city and colour yet though...i just might check them out
disturbedfan133
distubed_fan
10 IQ
my favorites are "it was the fear of myself that made me odd" and "adelleda"
i think that the S/T was better than Watch out, i do like watch out but .... George hardly screams in it, its mostly Dallas "sharks and danger" for example
scousertommy
Ro
604 IQ
Surprised no-one has mentioned "Little Girls Pointing And Laughing" yet. Has to be one of my faves. Yeah I think I prefer the self-titled. George's vocals are just that bit screamier
Pulmonary Archery is an amazing, amazing song and watching the video is just brilliant. That is what playing music in a band is all about.
I was hooked on Alexis from the very first time I heard Dallas do the wailing vocal line on No Transitory. "Tomoro-ow-owo-wow" etc
Superb band. Can't wait for crisis. I hear it's faster and maybe heavier.
ρ
AOF_Rules_24
UG Member
343 IQ
Oh yeh its gonna be great... cant wait... Now that i think about it.... i cant pick a fav ne more
Quote by ibaRGnes321

s0nofabe4ch
NBK
417 IQ
Quote by AOF_Rules_24
I just found out their new cd comes out in may

Awesome.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
I'm seeing Dallas on Sunday night in Cardiff.

As for Alexis, the thing for me that sets them apart from other bands is mainly the vocals. The music is fantastic too, and is just that bit catchier/more aggressive/complex/faster than their peers. But few bands have got the whole yin/yang thing going on with the vocals in the same way that Alexis do. Great live band too.

Self titled is probably more solid than Watch Out but I do like that CD just as much. Favourite track is either 'No Transitory' or 'Waterwings'
Keegs22
???
283 IQ
I'm kicking myself for not gettin' out to their show when they came here, twice actually :S
They better come back.

This is an amazing band BTW.

Sometimes(I Wish) is an amazing album as well, and I hope he shows up here as well, I mean
this citys even mentioned in "Comin' Home" (Sydney, Cape Breton)
Connorcore
56 IQ
Quote by .:bleednomore:.
Alexisonfire is great
Self titled > Watch Out!

Word!
They moved away from more technical expirimental stuff and it angers me slightly