Page 3 of 12
and yet MOS goes on........
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman

That's just because I'm getting a bit annoyed by all the idiots in here, the number of idiots has pretty much doubled since april 2005.
My influences are:
Ritchie Blackmore
Tony Iommi (mostly for sound / tone; listen to war pigs off Reunion tour and the last supper DVD. that is raw power)
David Gilmour
With honourable mention to Steve Vai, who I have been really getting into recently.
In terms of shred
- Yngwie Malmsteen
- Jason Becker
- Marty Friedman
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Well MOS, to be fair, improvising hard lines in jazz is a thousand times more technical (to me) than just being a human xerox machine and doing what you've practiced a 1000 times before... Even if it is technical.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
hetfield, petrucci, korn

I need some groove of Korn, the machinegun-like riffage of Hetfield and virtuosity of Petrucci.

That's all I want.
rock and metal music rules
pop music!!! kiss my f***** ass
Quote by Master Of Shred

That's just because I'm getting a bit annoyed by all the idiots in here, the number of idiots has pretty much doubled since april 2005.

So, "ZOMG I PLAY VIOIN I KNOW TECHNICAL I AM RIGHT LOL" isn't being moronic?
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
^When did I said that he wasn't an idiot?

Quote by Resiliance
Well MOS, to be fair, improvising hard lines in jazz is a thousand times more technical (to me) than just being a human xerox machine and doing what you've practiced a 1000 times before... Even if it is technical.

Of course, that takes skill, but it's rather theory and how to add in your in your playing, and it's more "overall musician" skill. If you ask me.

And I love your "human xerox machine" statements

/new msn name
Quote by Master Of Shred
Huh I didn't deleted it

Anyways, we where talking about classical and jazz in gerenal right? I was just giving a few examples, jazz might be a bit more complex as far as theory goes, but I can't think of any jazz virtuoso who can keep up with the greatest classical virtuosos as far as technique goes, and not speed. That's including Peterson and Lagrene.

First of all, I do like to hear you outplay Hammett then, I have heard a lot of peoples recordings on these forums and no one was anywhere near Hammett. (excluding a few )

Yeah technique=amazing

Seriously, you need to chill down, technique is most definatly NOT amazing if you ask me, and classical is more technical than jazz is, btw.

And what the hell has WST got to do with this? Lets hear you play it then

can i outplay hammet? i want bragging rights
Quote by Master Of Shred
And I love your "human xerox machine" statements

/new msn name

Why is it funny?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
The limits of technicallity are the limits of the greatest (known) players on the instrument. Paganini, Lane, Liszt, whatever. The genre is really irrelevant.

And resi, what about jazz lines? Its still all practiced fundamentals combining - very rarely have i ever seen someone play something with a new physical movement in it...
Quote by Freepower
The limits of technicallity are the limits of the greatest (known) players on the instrument. Paganini, Lane, Liszt, whatever. The genre is really irrelevant.

And resi, what about jazz lines? Its still all practiced fundamentals combining - very rarely have i ever seen someone play something with a new physical movement in it...

Yeah but it's not in an order you've practiced them. Heck, it's not even a sequence of notes in a certain order you've practiced. The execution of them has to be much more fluent in order to just be able to do it on the spot.

Click.
More "used to be" - a group in which all members simply promise to crit all other members work. Simple as. Mostly done through friendship, and i really should remove that because im not in R+R very much at all nowadays.

EDIT: ^ yes.
Last edited by Freepower at Apr 9, 2006,
Petrucci, Malmsteen and Michael Romeo.

hmmm.... they're all shredders, that surely can't be good
A shredder in the making........ turned over to jazz.
Mathemagician in the making too.

Originally posted by Stratwizard
John Petrucci overrated? Is God overrated?
I forgot to mention Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden. I was watching the dvd Iron Maiden: The Early Years last night and was reminded of how awesome Smith is and how much my music and style is influenced by Maiden. Smith has a very effortless style about his playing, very similar to Blackmore in that sense.
James Hetfield, Mikael Akerfeldt, John Petrucci
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Frank Zappa
Steve Morse
Dimebag
My Rig

Jackson DKMG Dinky
Yamaha Eg 112
Strella acoustic
Dunlop Craybaby
Electro Harmonix big Muff
Crate GX 130C
I started off with all three Iron Maiden guys, Kirk Hammett and erm..Brian May.
Nowadays I'm more influenced by Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman and Joe Satriani, but the first three I said made me pick the guitar up really.

And that guy who said that he can shred because he can play violin is a ****stick, I can play violin but I can barely shred at all...twateye.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Last edited by Matt_Malmsteen at Apr 10, 2006,
yeah i started playing guitar bc of the riff in "hells bells"
Paul Gilbert
Marty Friedman
Dimebag Darrell

Im not sure other than those three.....
Chuck Schuldiner, John Petrucci, Nile

Not that I'm as good as any of 'em , Naturally.
Nile pwns to the power of 6173467394697136479.

I LURVE them...

Karl Sanders is an absolute GENIUS.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Kirk hammett sucks balls
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Quote by Evil_Empire24-7
Kirk hammett sucks balls

Why does everyone hate Kirk Hammet?
Need.New.Sig.
Jason Becker,Rusty Cooley and Michael Romeo
]
I think Kirk Hammet is so hated because, even though he's a good player, so many people consider him to be far far better than he actually is. He is quite sloppy, nowhere near as fast as anyone makes him out to be, and he tends to overuse pentatonics (not saying i could do much better though )
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
Last edited by HammerForce at Apr 12, 2006,
Robert Fripp, Adrian Belew, Mark Knopfler.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Quote by Evil_Empire24-7
Kirk hammett sucks balls

double meaning there.....
Quote by apocalypse13
Nile pwns to the power of 6173467394697136479.

I LURVE them...

Karl Sanders is an absolute GENIUS.

Damn right! And Dallas Toller-Wade is just as good, if not better, Karl just has most of the tunes. \m/
Quote by SickMetal
Damn right! And Dallas Toller-Wade is just as good, if not better, Karl just has most of the tunes. \m/

I wish I knew egyptian stuff half as good as them. It's sooooo cool. You can't beat it.

Tech-Death + Pwnage Egyptian Scales
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist