Zamboni
is moist.
2,792 IQ
I realize there are many genres this guy could fit into, but I think he's a bit Indie/Folk-ish, so I'm gonna ask people's opinions on him.

I just bought On And On, and I absolutely love it. I don't think there's a bad song on it.

Opinions?
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
He's good, but in small doses. I've always found that when listening to one of his albums its just like you've heard it all before so I get tired of them quickly, there's always some stand out tracks that are really good though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
Some of his songs sound similar? All of his songs sound similar. Not saying i dont like him, i listen to him when I need to chill out. He is kinda like AC/DC, all of his songs may sound the same and have the same format, but they are still good.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
I think Jack Johnson is awesome. He's a great guy. Okay, yeah...sometimes his songs can be a bit repetitive but I think he is a great lyrcisit. It's ALL good.
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
Yeah, I dig Jack Johnson. It's impossible to work hard when a Jack Johnson CD is on - FACT!

I really liked some of the older songs, but I don't know the names, I really liked on thats probably called Bubbletoes I think, and the track after it.

But yeah, there's some good songs on the new one too.
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
ummm...... i guess i'll be the first to say that i really can't stand this guy. his music to me, is repetitve, boring and makes me want to take a nap.
busby_bass
GIGANTIC LYING MOUTH
168 IQ
Quote by KingBrendan5149
ummm...... i guess i'll be the first to say that i really can't stand this guy. his music to me, is repetitve, boring and makes me want to take a nap.

It's chill out music, to be taken in small doses as Andrew said.

I don't think it can stand up to repeated listening when your trying to get hyped up, it's the kinda music you lie back on your yacht listening to Pina Colada in hand.

Thinking about doing one of his albums for AOTW to get rid of The Tourist sitting there, any suggestions as to which is his best work ?
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
dull
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
I personally think In Between Dreams is his best work.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Paint
UG Addict
946 IQ
jack johnson is sweet.

if you guys like him check out the John Butler Trio...only JBT is sweeter and 'hip' and more indie flavored
if i cut off your arms and legs
and wrap you in some fucked-up cocoon,
would you still look at me and say
"you can't catch what you can't see"
well i caught you honey,
like the clap sugar.
what do you think of that?
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
Quote by Abe
Yeah, I dig Jack Johnson. It's impossible to work hard when a Jack Johnson CD is on - FACT!

actually unfact! someone had it on in the kitchen at uni once and i got half an essay done.

i liked sitting waiting wishing, none of his others really appeal to me that much though. It's nice background music though
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
Quote by bobjewell87
actually unfact! someone had it on in the kitchen at uni once and i got half an essay done.

i liked sitting waiting wishing, none of his others really appeal to me that much though. It's nice background music though

My theory, defeated?

Ah well, it's a FACT that I can't work hard when it's on. Anyway, well done for doing half an essay to Jack Johnson, didn't think it could be done.
utsapp89
Banned
260 IQ
I like the soundtracks he does more than the regular albums. There's some Jack on there, but only a few tracks, and the rest of the artists have that same laid back feel. Gives it more variety. I could listen to Thicker than Water all day.
Lukeisonfire
offical Mod rock KING
3,072 IQ
Love him! Mud football and bannana pancakes good mellow acoustic songs. I like mellow stuff like that.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
schitz
Handsome Bastard
249 IQ
The best thing about his stuff is I can take my clunker acoustic to the beach and play some of his songs. He's actually a shockingly talented artist, considering he's kind of a pop star. I have to take a break from time to time because my hand cramps up from all those barre chords. I don't see how he plays an hour long set of those songs every night.
leaping badger
UG Board King
504 IQ
I like how laid back the songs are, but i imagine a lot of them are very similar
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
cangura
10 IQ
I like his music. It's nice to chill out to. Nothing serious. My friends went to his gig and thought he was brilliant. I wanna see him live too!
Zamboni
is moist.
2,792 IQ
Quote by schitz
I have to take a break from time to time because my hand cramps up from all those barre chords. I don't see how he plays an hour long set of those songs every night.

No jokes, eh? Some of those progressions hurt after a while. And the slaps take a certain amount of coordination to play and sing to.
boxcarblink41
bah
440 IQ
^Yeah he's got the groove thing going on. I adore him. He music is simply fantastic. I don't think his songs all sound the same, it's just the audience becomes wearyof that slapping thing. It really isn't any different to a band using palm mutes. And I think he has one of the best voices in music today. It isn't that techincal and he doesn't have the a large range, but there's something about it that just makes you go wow.
pommegrenade
Boom head shot!
251 IQ
Jack Johnson And Pete Murray Should Work On A Song Together I Reckon
pommegrenade
Boom head shot!
251 IQ
yeh rock on Fat Lady!! Sweet cole clark guitars, so smooth so classy and so cool