Page 1 of 5
Retribution
Fgtofyrdmnswrtsngsinyrslp
558 IQ
Lyrics will be due April 24th.

It's that time again, pull out the mics, pull out your pens, pull out your guitar! Here's the basic concept for those who weren't around for the last (somewhat disasterous) one. You write lyrics, then get paired with a partner who writes music to, and records your song. Then people vote on which they like best. Ok, good.

I just put 6 people down as an estimate, if you're interested tell me. Also, I'll gladly give up my lyrics spot, so if we get 6(or 8 or 12 or whatever the max ends up being) I'll step down. Just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Rules

- Don't be selfish, if you CAN record, sign up for that. You can probably do lyrics too, but you won't get your own.

- Songs can't be over 5 minutes, the reason? People get bored. It's a bitch to upload. Etc. Etc. Etc.

- These should be lyrics, and understand that music has to be set to them. WORK WITH YOUR PARTNER, give eachother ideas.

- Have fun.

- VOTE when the contest goes up, that's what the biggest downfall was last time. People didn't vote.

- If you do not submit your piece in time, you will LOSE 3 points. Half of the people who signed up last time didn't turn in their recording.

Signup:

Lyrics

1. Retribution
2. #1 Synth
3. STD182
4.Gurgle! Argh! ?
5. X Arcadia X
6. Pumpkin Rules
7. Prove I Did It
8. SilenceEvolves

Music

1. Retribution
2. ThePickups
3. Gurgle! Argh!
4. Aka55
5. MonsterTaco
6. FurtherFan21?
7. BigFatSandwich
8. EverSoSweet06
Last edited by Retribution at Apr 18, 2006,
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
i'm fairly sure i can come up with some lyrics, just give me a deadline, otherwise i might forget. but ya, put me down for lyrics. (and i can record if you absalutely need me to)
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
id be happy to do either (or both!). but i kinda suck at singing, so that should be considered at all times.

if i do end up recording though, id need a decent chunk of time between getting lyrics and recording; at least a week i'd say.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
xArCaDiAx
An Unfortunate Seduction
1,046 IQ
Umm, yea. Im up for lyrics again...cause I dont have my recording stuff with me in my dorms
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
I'll do some lyrics.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Auals
She paints me blue...
1,308 IQ
I'll do lyrics or music, i have the recording stuff at my house, nothing fancy just a program and a mic but enough... i'd prefer to do lyrics though, is there any criteria for the lyrics or is it free choice?
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
thepickups
UG Monkey
941 IQ
If I need to do both, I can. When is it in for, the recording that is, becuase last time it lasted too long. Make it shorter and get things done quicker so in order not to lose intrest.
Prove_i_Did_It
banjoed
198 IQ
i'll do lyrics
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
"Mr. Owl? How many strokes does it take to make my little man explode?"
"Lets find out! One! Two! Three!"
*Crunch*
""
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
sorry for making your song suck last time XarcadiaX i would totally be up for doing a recording thing and murdering someone elses song but as of now my computer has decided it doesn't want to work any more so a new hard drive is in the mail. but whatever I don't think i'll be able to do it in time anyways. So i'll be up for lyrics. 20th is awfully fast by the way. maybe give 14 days from when sign ups end. that would be more realistic i think.
Can you see in the dark? Can you see the look on your face?
Retribution
Fgtofyrdmnswrtsngsinyrslp
558 IQ
Quote by furtherfan21
sorry for making your song suck last time XarcadiaX i would totally be up for doing a recording thing and murdering someone elses song but as of now my computer has decided it doesn't want to work any more so a new hard drive is in the mail. but whatever I don't think i'll be able to do it in time anyways. So i'll be up for lyrics. 20th is awfully fast by the way. maybe give 14 days from when sign ups end. that would be more realistic i think.

I don't think so... but we'll see when sign-ups end, because you're right

and Auals, how does alternate for recording sound?

And Further, I really think you should try to do recording too. Especially since you pushed me to do this again.
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
haha I totally would but i really don't wanna be the guy that doesn't get it in on time because my computer's broken, but you can put me down for recording. and We'll talk privately abouthte computer. Just put me down and have auals be the back up?
how does that sound?
xArCaDiAx
An Unfortunate Seduction
1,046 IQ
Quote by furtherfan21

Haha. I really dont care. I thought the whole concept of the comp was cool in general . No worries
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
i should point out that my computer has kind of gone horrible lately; my sound doesnt work, and all my recording programs make my computer shut down when i try to open them. it should be sorted by the time id be needed, but im just warning you in case.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Auals
She paints me blue...
1,308 IQ
sorry guys i'm out, sorry....
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
I don't believe we established a 20th deadline for sure i think that was jsut your suggestion. I say that once he closes the sign up then gfive liek ten days for it or something.
Aka55
An ape is loose.
324 IQ
Woah woah woah...

The ten days after the sign up closes will be for the lyrics, then there'll be another 14 for the recording... right?
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
Quote by furtherfan21
I don't believe we established a 20th deadline for sure i think that was jsut your suggestion. I say that once he closes the sign up then gfive liek ten days for it or something.

O, sorry bout that, i was just really tired and bored and wanted something to post. I also think that we should close the entrance of participants before choosing a final deadline. It wasnt my suggestion anyway, Ret decided that by himself. Sry to be a dumbass
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
no we aren't going to have 24 days t odo it that'll be way too long i thin kwe need ten days after the closing of signups to get in the songs.
monstertaco
121 IQ
I want in, I dont care who I have to kill!
And there are only music spots left, witch is great cause thats just what I want to do.

Thats CRAZZY, so CRAZZY

CRAZZY, CRAZZY, CRAZZY
Stay quiet...
Aka55
An ape is loose.
324 IQ
If it's 10 days after sign up is closed to hand in the songs, then the writers have like a day to make lyrics.
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
and nobody on this site has previously written lyrics before. damn man. you're right.
Aka55
An ape is loose.
324 IQ
What?

That's silly, people have written lyrics on this site before. That's why they have a Songwriting & Lyrics section. And I read something from Corey the other day. Omgz, I'm so confused.
thepickups
UG Monkey
941 IQ
I want to write for Aka55!

You know I could sing your lyrics in sex language.
xArCaDiAx
An Unfortunate Seduction
1,046 IQ
So...

Who wants me?
HendrixEdge
absolute bastard(s)...
185 IQ
Quote by thepickups
I'll have you arcady.

Unless Will is entering?

Is this not exactly the same as the 'duets? comp?

Either way, make a choice.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
HendrixEdge
absolute bastard(s)...
185 IQ
There you go...

So I take we?re out of the other comp then?

Contrary bastards.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…