Page 1 of 2
Steelman
Steelman
187 IQ
I really hadn't the slightest where this one would fit in, but I have a question and please refrain from flaming, I'm just curious. What are some good Christain Rock bands? I heard a song by Starfield which kinda caught my ear, and I was wondering if there are any other Christian Rock bands that might also catch my interest. I'm usually not into such bands, I'm more of a Malmsteen, Guns N' Roses, Blind Melon, Nirvana kind of person, but perhaps that could narrow the suggestions a bit? Thanks very much.
1fine69
69 IQ
Well, I like thrice, killswitch engage, and demon hunter, the first 2 of which no one realizes are in fact christian and the 3 of which no one has heard of, but would like if they did.
Christian music doesnt have to suck, you just have to know what your looking for, and any christian band that plays on mtv and becomes a hit such as switchfoot or reliant k is bound to suck so dont judge the rest by them.
axethrower13
403 IQ
Blindside is kinda of heavy but pretty dang good.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
G-Rock
The one & only...Ballsack
489 IQ
I always liked Five Iron Frenzy for some reason. Really happy kind of music, but still.
Not really rock, but Denver and the Mile High Orchestra are really good. Especially in concert. More of a big-band jazz kind of thing
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Gemini
UG Newbie
265 IQ
Audio Adrenaline is good, Demon Hunter is a heavier band, but still really good. Thousand Foot Krutch is Christian Rap/Rock, if you're into that. Skillet is a great band. There's pretty much anything to match your tastes, if you look for it.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
die_kenny_die
[drink][fight][fvck]
94 IQ
thrice is christian?! whoa... i like norma jean, personally, and i think Mae is christian but i don't know for sure. maybe that's not really your taste, but meh.

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
AWA
Straight gumpin'
740 IQ
Ummm System of a Down, George Harrisons solo stuff, and for good jewish reggae, Matisyahu
Wade in the water, child.
die_kenny_die
[drink][fight][fvck]
94 IQ
wha.... system of a down too? whoa!!!

Gemini
UG Newbie
265 IQ
Quote by AWA
Ummm System of a Down,

And when did I say that quote in your sig? Seems like forever ago...
Quote by thewho65

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
InSaynePig
defacing public servants
368 IQ
^Matisyahu is pretty cool. Killswitch are christian though? And System too? Really? I just don't see it.
roo6339
Tanned
512 IQ
uh, i dunno how you got that system of a down is christian, but whatever.

try project 86 and blindside. they stick out as far as christian rock goes. could try petra if you want some really happy sounding, yet talented sorta classic/glam rock... hard to explain. you might like them.
Quote by crazynickman
Dont be sad roo, you pwned him!
Gemini
UG Newbie
265 IQ
Quote by InSaynePig
^Matisyahu is pretty cool. Killswitch are christian though? And System too? Really? I just don't see it.

I think the System thing was a joke...
Quote by thewho65

yawn
Be back later.
2,701 IQ
I third the Blindside suggestion. They're not great but they're pretty damn good.
InSaynePig
defacing public servants
368 IQ
Quote by Gemini
I think the System thing was a joke...

I hope so.
Gemini
UG Newbie
265 IQ
Quote by InSaynePig
I hope so.

Me too, good sir. Me too.
Quote by thewho65

AWA
Straight gumpin'
740 IQ
Well, Gemini, you posted that in a thread where I totally pwned a n00b for posting in the wrong forum. And yes, System of a Down is a christian band. If you read some of their lyrics you'll agree. Also, I saw a picture of the inside of Darons house, and he has Jesus candles and stuff.
Gemini
UG Newbie
265 IQ
Some of their lyrics do sound Christian, I'll give you that. But the majority do not. And even if they are Christians, would a Christian band have Parental Advisory labels on their albums? I doubt it.

And thanks for the reminder.
Quote by thewho65

jof1029
GO HOKIES!
2,175 IQ
i dont think SOAD is a christian band, but hey, i could be wrong. KSE, dont see that one either, but ill have a look at some of the lyrics before i make up my mind. um, skillet is good, not my kind of music though. the only one i really have to add that isnt up already is MxPx. they are one of my favorite bands, and definatly christian rock/punk. the newer stuff isnt as good IMO, but a lot of their stuff is really good and they put on one heck of a live show.
AWA
Straight gumpin'
740 IQ
Quote by Gemini
Some of their lyrics do sound Christian, I'll give you that. But the majority do not. And even if they are Christians, would a Christian band have Parental Advisory labels on their albums? I doubt it.

And thanks for the reminder.

Why the fuck would that make a difference? I have freinds that are christians that have an unbelievable amount of cursing they use.
roo6339
Tanned
512 IQ
Quote by AWA
Well, Gemini, you posted that in a thread where I totally pwned a n00b for posting in the wrong forum. And yes, System of a Down is a christian band. If you read some of their lyrics you'll agree. Also, I saw a picture of the inside of Darons house, and he has Jesus candles and stuff.

what lyrics are Christian? i hear a lot that aren't, a lot that are political, and a lot of nonsense, but i can't hear any lyrics supporting Christianity. and having Jesus candles doesn't make you Christian anymore than putting a buddha in your home makes you a buddhist. it's the actions that count, not what ornaments he has.

not to mention he thanked God, Buddha, Allah and Lucifer in the liner notes for their debut album. even if he has Christian beliefs, that goes against the very first of the 10 commandments, "though shall have no other gods besides me."
Quote by crazynickman
Dont be sad roo, you pwned him!
IbanezPlayer27
UG Member
458 IQ
As I Lay Dying is a good Christian Band if you've seen there new video that'll prove there christian.
die_kenny_die
[drink][fight][fvck]
94 IQ
which video?

midnight_toker
UG's only frat boy
132 IQ
you can be considered a christian band and not sing about god and angels and stuff. it is a personal choice, like writing lyrics about it. just cause every other word doesnt say god or jesus or angel this, doesnt mean ur not a christian influenced band.
Bloody Mary
La Cosa Nostra
128 IQ
Switchfoot, reliant k and other such bands I count kind of as semi christian music, because they're songs aren't just all about christianity, which is a good thing. But if you were looking for a completely through and through christian band you might look at Jeremy Camp, he has a few awards for his vocals and even though I'm not an avid listener I think he has a cool voice. Also a band called The Afters is supposed to be a rising christian rock band, can't say that I've heard any of their stuff though.
By the way I heard that Coheed had christian songs.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
guywithtoaster
28 IQ
do you guys ever find it funny that almost every christian rock band has a song titled "torn" or "broken"

thats just my 2 cents
stratocaster7
Watch the dancing badger!
10 IQ
There are the light ones, like Relient K, Mae, Switchfoot, FM static, Sanctus Real, Hawk Nelson. (I don't really like them, but I thought I'd mention them for the sake of more choices).
And there are kind of heavier ones, like Living Sacrifice, Emery, Anberlin, Project 86 (or something like that), Skillet, Pillar, Kutless, Falling Up, Underoath etc.

MICROWAVABLE SOCKS
slashnmash
UG's C-UNiT
1,267 IQ
The best christian rock band are YFRIDAY. Some of their lyrics:
For he is,
Holy, holy, holeee
My lord is,
Holy, holy, holye.
Jesus Christ is,

and so on lol
apc--ibanez
UG Member
323 IQ
system of a down are not christian, have you all not heard "suite pee"
1fine69
69 IQ
Yeah, system of a down is definately not christian, but if killswitch is not, at least whoever writes the lyrics is. Haven't you guys read the lyrics to darkness falls, take this oath, or life to lifeless? And the most obvious would be rose of sharon, come on, rose of sharon is another name for jesus and the whole song is about how the guy can't wait to see Him again.
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by AWA

No they aren't. Stop talking. Just because they have stuff with Jesus in there house doesn't mean they are Christians. And I'm sure the Christian and Parental Advisory thing conflict on different levels.

There is a big thread on Christian bands a little farther down on this page, just search it.
HarryManback
UG Newbie
10 IQ
Quote by Rambo-Conny
I'm surprised noone has mentioned Dream Theater yet. P.O.D are christians too, i think.

DREAM THEATER IS CHRISTIAN ROCK!?!?!!?!

they are too talented to be christian rock
From the ashes of tabo
andrewk
<the_last>
262 IQ
top ten right here, IMO

1. norma jean
2. underoath
3. emery
4. as i lay dying
5. maylene and the sons of disaster (you got to check these guys out)
6. the chariot
7. mae
8. anberlin
9. demon hunter
10. haste the day
Running away from this earth.
May it pass away in the beautiful flames that it was created for.
Because when tomorrow fails to come,
today is just not the same.
Inflamed earth.
Roses.
In this hope.
For all i care set it all ablaze.

Skillet#1fan
44 IQ
System of a Down is NOT a Christian rock band. Skillet is the best band ever. Thousand Foot Krutch, Kutless, Pillar, Underoath, and Seven Day Slumber rock too.
coady911
14 IQ
no SOAD are deffinatly not christian and neither are Avengened sevenfold
good christian bands are:
Relient k
anberlin
emery
Five iron frenzy
oc supertones
our lady peace
tree 63
slick shoes
demon hunter
slash...he's all like... wow
coady911
14 IQ
dream theater are christian
plus there are LOTS of talented christian bands
and DUH!!!! POD are
slash...he's all like... wow
Last edited by coady911 at Apr 17, 2006,
punk_mike_88
1,050 IQ
Anberlin, Relient K, Thousand Foot Krutch, Switchfoot, Underoath
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!