Page 1 of 2
HammerForce
258 IQ
I just tried using a Dunlop Jazz 3 yesterday and I found it absolutely amazing. I think its small size meant that i don't have to move my hand as much whenh alternate picking and as such i think i can pick a lot faster.
I was just wondering what plectrums you guys all use as well as whether anyone knows what the pros use?
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
pavan
stunt guitar
210 IQ
Dunlop (Tortoise?) 2mm.

Im sure the rest of the world uses Jazz IIIs.

edit : lol at the sig. I remember that moment. Around this time last year wasnt it?
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
thenephilim
chicken of bristol!
214 IQ
Dunlop 3mm stubbies, imho the best picks out there. They give you such great control, and MAN do they birng out your picking nuances.
Matt_Malmsteen
Shred n00b
363 IQ
I use a Jim dunlop tortex, it's like .88
I might try the jazz III because everyone seems to say they give you more control and stuff, whether that's true or not I've yet to see.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Dunlop Tortex 1.14
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
paddyo
?
340 IQ
Quote by pavan
Dunlop (Tortoise?) 2mm.

Im sure the rest of the world uses Jazz IIIs.

edit : lol at the sig. I remember that moment. Around this time last year wasnt it?

Are they the non-transparent ones? If so its the one I always use,I absolutely love them!
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
ILoveHarmonics
BLURP
224 IQ
I tried a lot and I still like the jazz III the most together with some of the toroise ones. I prefere the black one over the red one I tried because of more grip . I know PG uses ibanez ones but the store were I buy doesn't sell them. I'm currious about those.
pavan
stunt guitar
210 IQ
Quote by paddyo
Are they the non-transparent ones? If so its the one I always use,I absolutely love them!

yep, been using them ever since I started off, & I dont see the need to stick to any other. Although there was a dark period when I used Ernie Balls.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Erich yeung
UG's China Man
508 IQ
I have jim dunlops, 1.5 mm, and its purple and has tortoise on it, they rule.
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
Mad Marius
2,291 IQ
I can't play anything with thin picks. Anything above 1 mm is fine. The one I use right now is a "Fender Heavy" I think it's around 1 mm.

But I also liked the 3mm Dunlop.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
canadianshred
Exoticness
10 IQ
dunlop delrin 1.14, mine are pink
Quote by A7xownz
o im gonna ban tupperware
A post from the former shred forums favorite mod

Member#10 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join.
splice
crank that jessie jackson
175 IQ
yeah man the jazz lll's kick it.....ive been usin them for like three months now and i love how they feel....but when i try to play with the picks most people use i feel awkward and it feels like its huge
SnowballofDoom
UG's Pity Friend
13 IQ
Black Jazz IIIs, the red ones are bleh.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
tard on tour
UG annihilator
229 IQ
Quote by Resiliance
Dunlop Tortex 1.14

same here
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Erc
UG's ultimate asshole
670 IQ
I use the red Jazz IIIs =(

But then again I've never used the black ones, never seen any in my local music store that I often go to. But then I've never exactly looked....I guess I'll look for them next time.
Master Of Shred
Banned
470 IQ
Vai sig picks, I digged the Gilbert ones as well, but my fingers are too big for those
SnowballofDoom
UG's Pity Friend
13 IQ
Quote by Erc
I use the red Jazz IIIs =(

But then again I've never used the black ones, never seen any in my local music store that I often go to. But then I've never exactly looked....I guess I'll look for them next time.

Hah, sorry about that, it's all preference ya know.

The red ones have more of a clicky sound, while the black ones have a fuller, bassier tone, at least from my experience.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

John Kimble
Banned
340 IQ
Black or red jazz III's. Regular picks just feel wrong to me after using the small ones for so long.
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty
686 IQ
2mm Dunlop Gator Grips and I wouldn't mind getting bigger ones.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Freepower
v It's Back! :D
3,277 IQ
Red jazzers, though if i want chunk i'll dig out my 5mm stubby. Oh yeh.

Course, the red jazz 3s are infinitely superior. They almost never have a mould seam, unlike certain darkies that need a good filin' before they're good to go.
SnowballofDoom
UG's Pity Friend
13 IQ
But after the filing, tis tonal heaven
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy
556 IQ
Ultex, .44s I think.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
SickMetal
I'm But A Wave To...
123 IQ
I use either a dunlop 2mm big stubby or 2mm gater, only difference is that the latter doesn't have a grip.
mikeman
1,975 IQ
My family:

Red Jazz III

Dunlop 1.5 Gator Grip

Dunlop Tortex .73 (my first picks)

Dunlop 3mm stubby

I'm thinking about getting the dunlop rhino picks. Apparently, they're indestructible.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
^I don't know about you, but I generally don't destroy my picks...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
pavan
stunt guitar
210 IQ
reminds me of the guy who boasted of snapping the 6th string many times.
wynter
UG AfroMulletHead
22 IQ
Jazz IIIs, red or black. I cant stand anything bigger.
http://ilikeshred.dmusic.com

Originally posted by blink_x41
d0oDd, gUrLs d0Nt lIk3 bOiS, gUrLs lIk3 cArS aNd m0N3y$$!!!!!!!11111L0L!!!!11111º1"·ª!"hArDc0r3
gunsnspaghetti
Captain Peabody!!
407 IQ
I use Jazz III's as well. My guitar teacher recommended them, cause I can't manage the big ones that well- I'm left handed, but I play right handed, so I get more control with Jazz III's
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
cliff_em_all
2,963 IQ
EBE alien series normally.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
ukdudeinuk
SUPREME PANT MASTER
540 IQ
I like both the red and black Jazz III's. I got a red one, then a black one. Ive since lost the red one and not seen any more red ones in the only decent music shop in the area...which is also crap because you cant try ANYTHING unless you can prove to them you have money to buy it on you/in your bank account. Even 50 quid crap guitars. Then they force me to play on some high gain amp so I cant actually tell if the guitar sucks...ok Im stopping my rant now.
nothing2gein
146 IQ
I use Gator Grip 1.5mm

How big are the Gator Grips compared to the Jazz IIIs?
NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy
556 IQ
Quote by mikeman
My family:

Red Jazz III

Dunlop 1.5 Gator Grip

Dunlop Tortex .73 (my first picks)

Dunlop 3mm stubby

I'm thinking about getting the dunlop rhino picks. Apparently, they're indestructible.

Ultex, its what I use. They are amazing.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.