Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
I got a budget of £600 this autumn. I wanna get a new guitar. My idea was to get a Iceman and some gear. But - I'm open to any other suggestions.

I'm in a metalcore band and I also play BTBAM, Killswitch, Comeback Kid kinda stuff. Mathcore, hardcore and metalcore really.

Any suggestions?

PS; I decided to post here so I could get better answers and so others may use this too.
zeldar
377 IQ
definately look into an RG or S series, also, the ESP eclipse is a good model to look into, just look at whatever you're favorite bands are playing and get an idea
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
PacoWang
UG Spammer
67 IQ
If you think you're going to get an Iceman and that's what you like, why are you even posting this? If you like that guitar, why do you even ask opinions on it? What matters is if you like it.
Pride, faith, respect, this is what we live for
Hardcore and this is what we die for
Our legacy is eternal, my crew is my family
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
^ Read his post. He's asking for other suggestions as well.

I just got a Schecter Damien 6, and it's great. Haven't found a single thing I don't like about it. The next model up, the C-1, seems in your budget range- at 600 bucks, haha. Schecters are great for metal guitars.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
dmc_74_usa
Broke in two over you...
525 IQ
The best way to do it is to just go play on a bunch of different stuff. I initially wanted an ESP Eclispse when I was guitar shopping, and I ended up playing a Washburn Idol 64 and I fell in love with it. Some guitars that aren't really as popular may surprise you. They may be just what you need. But probably the more popular models for your style are the Ibanez RG and S series, Schecter S and C series, any ESP and Gibson SG's. But you should still play around.
PacoWang
UG Spammer
67 IQ
Quote by LedZeppelin

I just got a Schecter Damien 6, and it's great. Haven't found a single thing I don't like about it. The next model up, the C-1, seems in your budget range- at 600 bucks, haha. Schecters are great for metal guitars.

I did, but I'm just saying, asking people's opinions on guitars is dumb as hell. The only way is to play them yourself.
Paint
UG Addict
946 IQ
Omen 6's are nice and beefy sounding through a Crate

haha you should get a Rickenbaucker (sp?) my friend has one and its soo heavy, as in weight, and funny...

my other friend plays a Fender Jazzmaster and it sounds really good
if i cut off your arms and legs
and wrap you in some fucked-up cocoon,
would you still look at me and say
"you can't catch what you can't see"
well i caught you honey,
like the clap sugar.
what do you think of that?
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
for the money, nothing beats a schecter for heavy music
Gomorrah
Dissertation 14
577 IQ
I got a Schector C-1 plus and it's great.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
hXcMacbeth3
256 IQ
epiphone les paul with zakk wylde pickups...thats what i have and i love it
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
SGRocker0791
Banned
462 IQ
Quote by LedZeppelin

+1. I've tried a Schecter while ago and they own! Haha, very good guitars IMO.
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by LedZeppelin

Pounds sterling.
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by PacoWang
I did, but I'm just saying, asking people's opinions on guitars is dumb as hell. The only way is to play them yourself.

I have the tiniest local music shop and all the others are ****ing miles away.

I wish I could bud. I judge on sound - people's opinions and what I play - if I can.
PacoWang
UG Spammer
67 IQ
Quote by Paint
Omen 6's are nice and beefy sounding through a Crate

haha you should get a Rickenbaucker (sp?) my friend has one and its soo heavy, as in weight, and funny...

my other friend plays a Fender Jazzmaster and it sounds really good

Through a Crate?

You know nothing about tone, do you?
bloodstained
UG Board King
266 IQ
Quote by PacoWang
Through a Crate?

You know nothing about tone, do you?

eyyyyyyyyyyy man, for someone who doesn't have dollar bills exploding out of their asses Crate's are perfect for the budget guitar player. And no one can rightfully say that the Crate GT3500H doesn't give off a solid tone.