Page 1 of 202
WTFOMGBBQQUACK, no Radiohead thread

Radiohead are just such an amazing band. I love the way every album is a slightly different Radiohead. Jonny is such a great musician(classically trained in Viola and can play over 20 instruments). I like it when he messes with his Onde Martenot

I have all the albums (plus My Iron Lung, I Might Be Wrong and the 1991 Courtyard Demo Tape) and a few buckets of bootlegs and rarites. My favourite songs at the moment are Idioteque, Last Flowers Till The Hospital, Dollars and Cents, Just, Something To Hate, Electioneering and The Reckoner. Favourite album is Kid A(which is in my top 5 favourite albums ever)

I got tickets to their Marley Park gig too, booya.

So, what does everyone think of the almighty Radiohead?
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
i never was majorly keen on them, slightly on the bland and depressing side for me i'm afraid
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by Glen_Hansard

Radiohead are just such an amazing band. I love the way every album is a slightly different Radiohead.

I have to agree with you on that. I have Ok Computer, Kid A, HTTT, and The Bends. Each one with its own sound. My favorite album is either Kid A or HTTT. Can't wait for the new album.
radiohead are my favorite band they are in my opinion one of the most creative and unique groups i've ever heard...

my favorite album from them is probably the bends, and my favorite songs are either lucky or no suprises...
Great band. I love them because they are always experimenting with new stuff. Their music is quite depressing but it's what I call "good depressing". My favourite album is probably Hail To the Thief or OK Computer. Favourite songs: 2+2=5, No Surprises, There There, Karma Police, Paranoid Android, etc.

At the moment I'm having a bit of rest from Radiohead as I listened to them quite a lot. Hopefully when I start listening to them again in a while, they'll sound even better.
agree with everything you said, threadstarter... radiohead are one awesome band.
i dont have tickets though...

faveroute album? ok computer
faveroute song? ideoteque

EDIT: new album soon!
only have The Bends.... love it. absolutly love it.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
My favourite song is Idioteque too.

Apparently I play guitar like Mr. Greenwood.

Good times.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Got all there albums, and currently downloading there rarities.

How I made My millions rox my sox

The Glastonbury gig from 2004 pwns every other gig on earth period.

And Radiohead have always been Modern Rock in my opinion
Last edited by busby_bass at Apr 15, 2006,
Quote by busby_bass

i think that depends on which side of the sea you're on

as for the rarities, make sure to grab talk show host
Why didn't I think of starting a Radiohead thread? Phenomenal band. One of my top 3 favorites, actually.
yeah, i think they're aiming for the fall, but thom has talked about not being on a contract and how that is affecting how long it takes. so it could be another year.

that is unless thom does what he's talked about in the past and puts it up on the internet, cutting out the need for finding a new label.
Quote by starsnostars
spent $200 to see them at bonnaroo

Worth it?
Mmmm Radiohead. I like OK Computer, Kid A and Amnesiac the best. ALso because of jonny i want an Ondes Martenottes(sp?).
Quote by starsnostars
i think that depends on which side of the sea you're on

as for the rarities, make sure to grab talk show host

Got it, got it years ago, as for the rarities what do you guys tihnk of polythene parts 1 and 2 ??

Quote by cangura
Worth it?

hasn't happend yet, but i can tell you it'll be more than worth it. i would have paid the $200 for radiohead alone, and planned on it, but the line up is amazing:

radiohead
the streets
cat power
beck
sonic youth
stephen malkmus
clap your hands say yeah
devendra banhart
andrew bird

some more that i don't care for:
death cab for cutie
bright eyes
ben folds

and about 70 other bands

Quote by busby_bass
Got it, got it years ago, as for the rarities what do you guys tihnk of polythene parts 1 and 2 ??

gets old after a few listens, but a must have b-side.
try to get your hands on a good version of 'last flowers', a song thom did at the trade justice thing last year.
Quote by busby_bass
Got all there albums, and currently downloading there rarities.

How I made My millions rox my sox

The Glastonbury gig from 2004 pwns every other gig on earth period.

I've been meaning to get How I Made My Millions. My favourite rarity is definitely Last Flowers Till The Hospital, and favourite B-side is maybe Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong or Talk Show Host.

Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer fit in Modern Rock, but then Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Theif throw them in Alt/Indie

And I do believe Glastonbury 1997 is the greatest concert ever. EVER. You can get it from here

http://www.radiohead-notforprofit.com/

And also, Last Flowers Till The Hospital
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JSW9EU4
Easily my favourite band of all time. I'm currently loving the crazy stuff Ed does with effects and a Fernandes Sustainer live. Also, keep an eye out for the number of guitars that boy has on the forthcoming tour - he practically has one for every song now.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
<3 Radiohead my favorite experimental band
Fav CD- OK Computer
Fav Song-so many its difficult but my gut says its a tie between KP and the Pyramid Song
wow listening to the earls court 2004 gig, like spinning plates is so amazing.
^LSP at Earls Court is indeed awesomeo3000. That was the first live version of LPS I heard, and I was like "OMGWTFBBQQUACK PIANO lol!!!!".

I then tried to learn it.

And failed.
Quote by Glen_Hansard
I've been meaning to get How I Made My Millions. My favourite rarity is definitely Last Flowers Till The Hospital, and favourite B-side is maybe Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong or Talk Show Host.

Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer fit in Modern Rock, but then Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Theif throw them in Alt/Indie

And I do believe Glastonbury 1997 is the greatest concert ever. EVER. You can get it from here

http://www.radiohead-notforprofit.com/

And also, Last Flowers Till The Hospital
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JSW9EU4

I cant tell you how much I disagree about the Kid A etc being alt indie, but your still the Ug'er with the best taste in music, thanks for the love .

I give you a busby hug **
Its Experimental alternative/Techno/Rock/New Wave/Noice Lol
Whats the easiest radiohead cd to get into?
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
or pablo honey...thats not praised as much as it should be-its a really good album but doesnt compare to the bends or ok computer.
cant wait for there new album!
go on www.radiohead.co.uk and there pictures of them in the studio-also hear tom going on about stuff i usually cant understand :S
i wouldnt know radioheads genre because its all so different! but its all so good!
Later, baby.

Here's another nice little linky, the gig Draken aka Lukey boy was talking about

http://www.ilostmyself.com/?page=view&type=concert&selected=earls27

The Bends is good from that. "Just lying in a bar with my drip feed on, anananannananananananaananananananaannananan to happen"

EDIT: Is that the one, Luke? You said 2004, this is 2003...
Quote by Glen_Hansard
Later, baby.

Here's another nice little linky, the gig Draken aka Lukey boy was talking about

The Bends is good from that. "Just lying in a bar with my drip feed on, anananannananananananaananananananaannananan to happen"

I think the best bits are Thom's comedy accents.

"Before ze silence kills us, ve must move on!"

And the fact that they played Follow Me Around... And for anyone who's wondering what the hell Thom is doing at the start of the 'rain down' bit in Paranoid Android, apparently he snapped a string on the acoustic and started playing a solo instead of giving it to Plank to be repaired.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
I think the best bits are Thom's comedy accents.

"Before ze silence kills us, ve must move on!"

And the fact that they played Follow Me Around... And for anyone who's wondering what the hell Thom is doing at the start of the 'rain down' bit in Paranoid Android, apparently he snapped a string on the acoustic and started playing a solo instead of giving it to Plank to be repaired.

Yeah, I love that bit. That reminds me of the Berlin 9/11 gig going into Everything In It's Right Place.

"I've heard about new Berliners NEW BERLINERS NEW BERLINERS. Thanks Jonny JONNY JONNY JONNNY."

Oh that Jonny and his Kaoss pad.

I'm listening to Paranoid Android now. Woah that was a kickass solo.
Quote by Glen_Hansard
Later, baby.

You are awesome, great link. That is one long concert, 28 songs???
I like Radiohead quite a bit. My favorite album is OK Computer, and favorite songs are the Bends, Let Down, Fake Plastic Trees, and Lucky. But they're all great.
I like em cause theyre doing something completely different but dont enjoy the music a great deal. A lot of it sounds similar and i think they go overboard with the effects sometimes. I love the bends to death though. And other songs. I also think the lyrics can be a bit vague. I mean its good at times but sometimes you wnat to listne to something you can understand. I strongly disagree with the critics saying muse is simply a copy of radiohead. utter bull**** imo
Quote by spunky_chooken
blahblahblahblah A lot of it sounds similar and i think they go overboard with the effects sometimes. blahblahblahTheBendsblahblah. I strongly disagree with the critics saying muse is simply a copy of radiohead. utter bull**** imo

I don't think they go overboard with effects, the effects are part of Radiohead.

I am a ****ing huge fan of Muse, and I do heard similarites. Matt's vocals at times sound like Thom's, and sometimes the structure of the songs are a bit alike, but I don't think they are a copy. Influenced, but not[/b a ripoff.
Quote by Glen_Hansard
I don't think they go overboard with effects, the effects are part of Radiohead.

I am a ****ing huge fan of Muse, and I do heard similarites. Matt's vocals at times sound like Thom's, and sometimes the structure of the songs are a bit alike, but I don't think they are a copy. Influenced, but not[/b a ripoff.

I think this brings up another important point... There's so many bands that have been influenced by Radiohead. I think that they're gonna reach the status of U2 and be around for a few decades. It's already been almost a decade since OK Computer was released, and they're still getting new fans.

I think it's basically impossible to rip-off Radiohead. Jonny's style is just too amazing.