Page 4 of 202
Don't forget the recorder and that little leather maraca he used to play on Wicked Child. And the radio.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by starsnostars
i like palo alto live, but the studio version is just too dull

As far as I know it was never played live.

The band have never worked out how to play it live properly
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
I got Itch today and the Radio Heads remix album Exit Music it's actually really good.
*checks* Ah yes, Itch. Faithless, the Wonder Boy is a disappointing song. I was expecting something akin to Wonderboy by Tenacious D.

I want to hear Exit Music
Quote by Glen_Hansard
As far as I know it was never played live.

maybe i'm thinking about pearly
You probably are, although i heard the itch version of Killer Cars live today and it was quite good and Nicky why would Radiohead do a song like Tenacious D i'm sorry but you lose all of your frequent flyer miles now.
Quote by Draken
Nicky why would Radiohead do a song like Tenacious D i'm sorry but you lose all of your frequent flyer miles now.

I live in hope
Quote by Glen_Hansard
I live in hope

It's hope that's hopeless.
Although its probably been said before in my opinion radiohead are on of the if not the best band on the planet.........................try a band called interpol to there excelent aswell...........
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Although its probably been said before in my opinion radiohead are on of the if not the best band on the planet.........................try a band called interpol to there excelent aswell...........

I have to say that Radiohead are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
The Cats are out in town.
Kat Gear
Crybaby Wah
Whammy pedal
Ibanez SZ520
Zakk Wylde MXR Overdrive
Vox AD30VT
MXR Distortion III
Taylor acoustic.
Yamaha Pacifica 102
I recentley bought OK Computer following a reccomendation fro ma friend, great album, some songs bore me though.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
I just realised something today listening to REM Greatest Hits(1991). A lot of Radiohead fans hate Muse because they say they are a "rip off" of Radiohead. They usually say this about Muse's first album, Showbiz. Well, Radiohead(in their On a Friday days) were a rip off of REM

Check mate, lol pwned, etc. etc.

Anyway, The Bends has the most perfect track order ever... almost. There needs to be something between Sulk and Street Spirit.
Quote by Glen_Hansard
*checks* Ah yes, Itch. Faithless, the Wonder Boy is a disappointing song. I was expecting something akin to Wonderboy by Tenacious D.

I want to hear Exit Music

Hearing Radiohead perform "Exit Music" live was a religious experience. I was entirely goosebumps when they hit the "Now we are one..." crescendo. Seeing "True Love Waits" performed live was a cool experience, too.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Hearing Radiohead perform "Exit Music" live was a religious experience. I was entirely goosebumps when they hit the "Now we are one..." crescendo. Seeing "True Love Waits" performed live was a cool experience, too.

I was talking about the Tribute album

But yeah, both of those songs must be amazing live.
Sorry for taking that out of context. I've been a Radiohead fan for...11 years and I just wanted to figure out a way to interject But yeah, last time I saw them was about 5 years ago. I felt like a Muslim making a pilgrimage to Mecca. Tremendous show. And I'm across the pond, so we don't get access to them like you do
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by oblique
Possible tour info? Maybe? Yes?

It's posted on a radiohead forum, and I think it's legit due to the fact that Radiohead's main site and ticket store are both down at the moment. It's going to be a pain in the ass getting tickets though.

O.M.G.
Yep, that's official now. According to their site tickets go on sale everywhere may 6th in most places, but limited amounts are being released tomorrow for the presale through waste.
Anyone heard the new tracks from the Koko gig last night? Search Radiohead Koko on youtube and you should find them.

It's sounding good. The untitled one is an upbeat piano-y number a la Cuttooth or Punch-Up, Bodysnatchers is quite Go To Sleep-esque, catchier than bird flu, and Arpeggi is just beautiful.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Can't wait till thier full UK tour. Arpeggi is an amazing song.
Is Radiohead worth $80 a ticket? I wonder about these bands who are very vocal about ticket prices or staying true to their 'alternative' roots (for lack of a better description) and critiques of corporatism but then have expensive tickets. An e.g. is Pearl Jam who fought ticket master but I think you pay around $80 to see them as well. I like Radiohead way more than Pearl Jam, though, so I wonder if it is worth paying so much to see them. I haven't been able to see Radiohead yet and I think it would be a good concert since I like all their songs and they have a lot of variety in their music as well. Comments?
I paid £60 for a festival ticket because i want to see Radiohead so essentially i am paying $100 to see them and from footage i have seen it would be fantastic.
^Yep, do it. Everyone I know who has seen Radiohead has said it was the best gig they had ever been to.

Quote by Tombe
Anyone heard the new tracks from the Koko gig last night? Search Radiohead Koko on youtube and you should find them.

It's sounding good. The untitled one is an upbeat piano-y number a la Cuttooth or Punch-Up, Bodysnatchers is quite Go To Sleep-esque, catchier than bird flu, and Arpeggi is just beautiful.

Bodysnatchers wasn't that good, but it was cool. I was more impressed by Cymbal Rush.

I didn't watch Arpreggi because that's old news, old man.
Last edited by Glen_Hansard at May 2, 2006,
Quote by starsnostars
isn't gagging order a b-side from hail to the thief?

Oh yeah, from Go To Sleep. Whoops
Quote by Draken
I paid £60 for a festival ticket because i want to see Radiohead so essentially i am paying $100 to see them and from footage i have seen it would be fantastic.

Stafford or Chelmsford?
What the hell is Jonny doing at the end?

In fact, what the hell is Thom doing all the way through?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Glen_Hansard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEjd6R_pImk&search=Anyone%20Can%20Play%20Guitar

There is a bit in that video where Thom does something I've never seen him do. It actually scared me.

Then he jumps into a pool.

And they all look like retards.

Lol.

Roflmycopter.

That made me die a little on the inside. I think that was right after Creep had become a gigantic hit, and they were being given the MTV one hit wonder treatment.
Quote by starsnostars
^ i could never get into pyramid song; never understood why it was a single.
as for me, 'i might be wrong' and 'like spinning plates' is the only things that redeems amnesiac.

and yeah, amnesiac is just kid a leftovers

You make me sad...
Quite sad indeed...
Leftovers pleasee...The two albums although having some similarities quite conclusively show a different approach to music....
And the Pyramid Song is one of the most beautiful and depressing pieces of music RadioHead has made.
i cant wait to hear the new songs with the full band
cymbal rush sounded good
bodysnatchers was alright, but with full band it should be better

and Pyramid Song is amazing
they basically made a beautiful song while throwing normal song structure out the window
Oh good god yes, I just found out Radiohead is playing 2 shows in San Diego and LA. My day just got sooo much better. And with deerhoof to boot. Amazing.
Quote by las7
You make me sad...
Quite sad indeed...
Leftovers pleasee...The two albums although having some similarities quite conclusively show a different approach to music....
And the Pyramid Song is one of the most beautiful and depressing pieces of music RadioHead has made.

no really. the albums were recorded at the same time, and the songs that are on amnesiac are the songs that didn't make the cut for kid a: left-overs. read up.

sorry to have to add this on, but since i make you sad, i thought i would let you know it makes me sad when people spell it RadioHead
Last edited by starsnostars at May 5, 2006,
I like radiohead but I think they can get a bit too depressing at times. And Thom Yorkes voice ****s me sometimes. Idk seems to me your either a diehard radiohead fan or you dont get it. Or your like me who gets it but cbf getting into it enoguh to enjoy it like the diehard fans.
Quote by starsnostars
no really. the albums were recorded at the same time, and the songs that are on amnesiac are the songs that didn't make the cut for kid a: left-overs. read up.

AMNESIAC IS NOT LEFT OVERS FROM THE KID A SESSIONS.

Listen to Kid A, then listen to Amnesiac. In Kid A, something bad is happening, but Amnesiac has a different feel.

EDITED
Last edited by Glen_Hansard at May 5, 2006,
Recommended threads
Ambient Music
true_bacon22
Last post:
by flabber.gast
Ambient ( 1 2 )
Broken_Drum
Last post:
by richwatkinson