Page 1 of 2
somepunkkid
I Ejaculate Fire
880 IQ
Quote by minorthreat123
Anyone like Bad Religion

I dont know if its just me but they sound pretty pop-punkish, well most of the stuff i have by them anyways. They're all right
uterus
Banned
160 IQ
I'm sure people do and I'm sure there's a thread like this somewhere.
ToolBass_dude
Lemon Fairy Liquid
605 IQ
yes.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Butterknife
UG's Canadian Dreadhead
123 IQ
I do
Tomorrow never knows what it dosen't know too soon
EpitaphMan440
UG's Mr.Engineer
1,031 IQ
Only the best punk rock band to ever be established. Great music, riviting and thought provoking lyrics (you will need a dictionary to understand half the stuff Greg sings about).

Loved them since 94'. Love all thier old stuff too.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
DopeDanny
UG Member
318 IQ
Saw em live with Anti Flag they kick ass!!!!!!!!!One of the best bands ever!
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
ToolBass_dude
Lemon Fairy Liquid
605 IQ
this is the best thing about them- we have a Tool fan, a punk fan, a dimebag fan, and incubus fan....everyone likes Bad religion! their older stuff is appreciated by punks, their newer stuff is appreciated by loads more.

Alex
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
DoverHockeyPunk
OH NO
420 IQ
i really want to get into them but im not sure which record to start with

i love some of the songs i have downloaded

i dont know what the Fuck this smiley is doing
IdTheDestroyer
Mustaine is Good
66 IQ
Bad Religion is one of my favorite bands. Anyone who says they are "Pop-punkish" is a mongoloid who cares nothing about punk culture. Bad Religion has been a pillar of punk since 1981. They are more important than the Sex Pistols, the Clash, or any of those other cutsie "Punk Rvolutionaries". Bad Religion, The Misfits, and Black Flag are probably the most critical bands for spreading punk music outside of LA and New York. Listen to the albums like Generator, Suffer, and No Control. They changed my life
EpitaphMan440
UG's Mr.Engineer
1,031 IQ
No Control, The Grey Race, Stranger Than Fiction.

3 Great albums
actually YOU SUCK

But that moment's gone

Anders Fridén
The untouched
219 IQ
Quote by EpitaphMan440
Only the best punk rock band to ever be established. Great music, riviting and thought provoking lyrics (you will need a dictionary to understand half the stuff Greg sings about).

Loved them since 94'. Love all thier old stuff too.

Green day was voted the best punk / rock band... well thats what i heard. And i think they are aswell.
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
minorthreat123
335 IQ
**** GreenDay

Bad Religions most popular albums are:
no control
stranger than fiction

but i think their best albums are: suffer, recipe for hate, the process of belief, The Empire Strikes First, and i like How Could Hell Be Any Worse

i saw them with anti-flag, but anti-flag runied the first part of the show.
EpitaphMan440
UG's Mr.Engineer
1,031 IQ
It's funny. Green Day had opened for Bad Religion in the past.
actually YOU SUCK

But that moment's gone

Anders Fridén
opivy21
Aloha! Suit up! Luau!
885 IQ
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Greg likes to get freaky on Webcams.

Did anybody ever find out if that was true or not?
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work
3,512 IQ
Quote by IdTheDestroyer
Bad Religion is one of my favorite bands. Anyone who says they are "Pop-punkish" is a mongoloid who cares nothing about punk culture. Bad Religion has been a pillar of punk since 1981. They are more important than the Sex Pistols, the Clash, or any of those other cutsie "Punk Rvolutionaries". Bad Religion, The Misfits, and Black Flag are probably the most critical bands for spreading punk music outside of LA and New York. Listen to the albums like Generator, Suffer, and No Control. They changed my life

So wait, I'm of Asian descent if I think Bad Religion are pop-punk?

And yes, I like Bad Religion.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Apr 17, 2006,
the glue man
beep
649 IQ
Bad Religion = POP PUNK.

They have a poppy sound, they started the path for NOFX and all those bands. It would be better if they stayed true to their roots though, Epitaph is now part of the NRAA or whatever it's called. The thing gives you gold records and all that, so now they will probably have to put the Parental Advisory sticker on all the Epitaph albums.

Don't get me wrong, I think their older stuff is alright and all.
capsfan17
Huzzah!
150 IQ
I enjoy then quite a bit. My favorite stuff they dad was into the unknown, which is quite hard to get a hold of, but its amazing.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
vlp_dope
438 IQ
Green Day had opened for Bad Religion in the past

ha!

yeah they're ok.
LoudnSnotty138
Book Attack!
472 IQ
I dont know why people like them so much. i dont fell they contributed alot to punk. I wouldnt really call them a punk band anyway.
xArCaDiAx
An Unfortunate Seduction
1,046 IQ
Def. turned to Pop-Punk over time. But that is NOT a bad thing. Ive liked them their entire career.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
somepunkkid
I Ejaculate Fire
880 IQ
Quote by hardrock1315
So wait, I'm of Asian descent if I think Bad Religion are pop-punk?

And yes, I like Bad Religion.

Correct me if im wrong, but i believe mongoloid means anyone who isnt aryan, for example im itallian so i believe im considered mongoloid and unpure. Asan = Mongolan i believe. Basically hes being more racsist than me
phobos
Ed
327 IQ
they were my gateway band. the first punk band i liked...they laughed at me in the 6th and 7th grades for liking them...look who's laughing now...

actually i'm not too sure who's laughing really. they haven't been on my playlists for years though, as important as they were to my personal music taste.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
DopeDanny
UG Member
318 IQ
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
I dont know why people like them so much. i dont fell they contributed alot to punk. I wouldnt really call them a punk band anyway.

hey buddy?are you stoned??!!!!!
There a great ****in band and a punk band!u jackass!why wouldnt you call them punk??
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
GreenDayChris
UG's Orgasm Addict
808 IQ
Quote by IdTheDestroyer
They are more important than the Sex Pistols, the Clash, or any of those other cutsie "Punk Rvolutionaries". Bad Religion, The Misfits, and Black Flag are probably the most critical bands for spreading punk music outside of LA and New York. Listen to the albums like Generator, Suffer, and No Control. They changed my life

Not a bad band, haven't heard too much from them like, but this ^ is bollocks
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work
3,512 IQ
Quote by somepunkkid
Correct me if im wrong, but i believe mongoloid means anyone who isnt aryan, for example im itallian so i believe im considered mongoloid and unpure. Asan = Mongolan i believe. Basically hes being more racsist than me

Nope.

There are three basic classifications of body type:

Mongoloid - Characterized by yellowish skin, thin eye openings due to deposits of fat above the eye used to keep warm, almost exclusively black hair, and also usually shortness. Known as Mongoloid because the Mongols invaded a bunch of Asian countries and basically ruled a bunch of them that we know today. Too bad for them Mongolia is not very large now. Basically "Asian".
Negroid - Characterized by dark brown skin and very curly usually black hair. Basically "Black".
Caucasian - Characterized by light tan skin and straight, wavy, or curly hair that can be any hair color. Basically "White".

There you go asshole.
phil992
32 IQ
Maybe I've just heard older songs (my favourite songs are modern man, better of dead, I want to conquer the world, you, superman bla bla) but theres definately no way these songs can be called pop-punk.
Not Now
(10) And Counting...
129 IQ
I like them. Havent heard much recently though.
Catastrophe and the Cure
ss311
Bertrand Russell
4,096 IQ
The old stuff isn't pop punk. The new stuff...
somepunkkid
I Ejaculate Fire
880 IQ
Quote by hardrock1315
Nope.

There are three basic classifications of body type:

Mongoloid - Characterized by yellowish skin, thin eye openings due to deposits of fat above the eye used to keep warm, almost exclusively black hair, and also usually shortness. Known as Mongoloid because the Mongols invaded a bunch of Asian countries and basically ruled a bunch of them that we know today. Too bad for them Mongolia is not very large now. Basically "Asian".
Negroid - Characterized by dark brown skin and very curly usually black hair. Basically "Black".
Caucasian - Characterized by light tan skin and straight, wavy, or curly hair that can be any hair color. Basically "White".

There you go asshole.

My definition came from a book about nazi's that kept refering to non-aryan's as mongoloids.

I wasnt making fun of you or anything, so dont take it personally. I actually respect you
ygokazuki
1,653 IQ
I came here to see what "real punk" was and I saw a Bad Religion thread and I'm like..."this is just what you told be pop-punk was!" I like 'em.
LoudnSnotty138
Book Attack!
472 IQ
Quote by DopeDanny
hey buddy?are you stoned??!!!!!
There a great ****in band and a punk band!u jackass!why wouldnt you call them punk??

Shut up, they are a pop band.
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work
3,512 IQ
Quote by somepunkkid
My definition came from a book about nazi's that kept refering to non-aryan's as mongoloids.

I wasnt making fun of you or anything, so dont take it personally. I actually respect you

Of course you respect me.

No hard feelings man.

And I throw around asshole lightly, I didn't mean to call you an asshole.
Andrewbiles
11,161 IQ
Personally I've always considered Bad Religion a pop-punk band.
Listened to them on and off for the past decade, favourite albums are 'grey race' and 'no substance', 'a process of belief' was a complete let down when that came out but it grew on me.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Red.Washburn77
Token Pseudo Intellectual
151 IQ
Damn good band.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
banaantje
113 IQ
bad religion is ok, but pop punk indeed, they're very commercial
chow7
79 IQ
All of Bad Religions songs sound the same to me, and I never considered them a true punk band either
MrLucky77713
Bite the hand that feeds.
108 IQ
Quote by banaantje
bad religion is ok, but pop punk indeed, they're very commercial

Pop-punk and commercial have nothing to do with eachother. Plenty of pop-punk bands don't sell any records and don't get a lot of air time. If sales determined genre, there'd be a hell of a lot more pop-punk bands.

BR is really sort of the "skate-punk" or whatever style. It isn't really punk, since some of that edge is gone, but it isn't quite as poppy as your typical modern pop-punk stuff like NFG, Blink 182, NHOI, etc. They fit better here than they do in the pop-punk/emo forum.
Live fast, die young.