Page 1 of 3
opivy21
Aloha! Suit up! Luau!
885 IQ
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I don't drink or smoke, but I'm not Straight Edge.

Same here.
indestructible8
Whip It On Me Jim
436 IQ
so if you dont drink or smoke, and you dont call yourself straight edge, your not. so its pretty much what you cal yourself. i donno im confused. straight edge kids always seemed pretty ignorant anyway.
gdawg3001
93 IQ
yeah, i hate how scene kids say you also cant smoke cigarettes to be straight-edge. i dont smoke them, but it pisses me off that they're ruining something they didnt even start.
CowsWithGuns
God's gift to UG
395 IQ
I thought that straight-edge = No booze, drugs or promiscuous(sp?) sex.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
gdawg3001
93 IQ
yeah, thats exactly what it is. but scene kids have taken it and made it something its not.
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Straight edge goes by YOUR idea of what is harmful to your body. So it doesn't have to be the same for everyone. If you think drinking soda isn't bad for you, and you consider yourself straight edge, then drink up
Warm-And-Fuzzy
Ihatepunkrock/ithatesme
162 IQ
Till I'm 21!

(bahahahaha... I'm sorry)
Circle that A, motherfucker!
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
I guess I am. I don't go around calling myself sXe, but if someone uses that label to describe me, I don't object. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, for various reasons.
misfitsdisciple
Punk Rocker
862 IQ
i know a kid somebody started calling "straight edge brandon" this kid is so funny. they call him straight edge but he just doesnt like getting **** faced like the rest of his dumb "street punk" friends, i cant blame him. but one time they were driving around and because he doesnt drink, he is a lightweight, and he had a little wine in him and man, he was trashed.

but i dont smoke and only drink on a few occasions, but i dont know the exact definition of permiscuous sex so im not sure.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
crazygluedmybut
613 IQ
I have a friend who's straight edge. He's cool, and not at all ignorant. But I do know some people who call themselves straight edge, but with the same beliefs. They're douches.
Peace.
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work
3,512 IQ
Quote by indestructible8
so if you dont drink or smoke, and you dont call yourself straight edge, your not. so its pretty much what you cal yourself. i donno im confused. straight edge kids always seemed pretty ignorant anyway.

Straight Edge means that aside from not doing things that are "bad", you discourage others from engaging in these activities.

And no, I'm not sXe, but I'll respect it if you are. Just don't try to "convert" me. 'Cause it won't work.
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
3,296 IQ
I don't drink - it's a waste of time
I don't smoke - waste of money
I don't do drugs - waste of money and you loose track of what you wanna do... although when I saw Annihilation Time I considered doing them for a bit... but then I saw the Pink Spiders again... thanks Matt... you really cleared things up for me.
I don't **** - I haven't gotten laid in a couple-a years... Alabama is not so good to me in that respect.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Babaca
78 IQ
straight edge is whatever you want it to mean. its been blown into so many things i think it's lost its meaning. and it gets associated with hardline jock-assholes alot, so its not a term i would really go by, but to make things simpler i do refer to myself as sXe from time to time. i dont smoke, i dont drink, i dont do drugs, i dont have permiscuous sex, i try to refrain from any mind altering substances like caffine. but that's just my personal life style choice. i dont do it to be part of a group or to call myself something. i've just grown up around it and can see what it can do to a person, and dont like it. i try to keep my mind clear and free so i have full control over everything i do and say
capsfan17
Huzzah!
150 IQ
I always thought sXe was about clearness of mind, and you could even drink, so long as you didnt drink to the point of being in a drunken stupor? Maybe Im wrong, I dont know.

as it goes for me though
I Drink, when I get the chance, but Im sure to do it in a controlled enviroment, and I always have my decdicated friend as the DD, he actually formed a sect of sXe, he calls it dXd
I Do Drugs, now, I took about a year off, then last winter I got hit hard by them again. Ive had struggles with weed and vicodin addictions in the past 6 months. Ive also fried out my brain on hallucinogens, and I regret it greatly. Im trying to get clean right now though, and Im about a month in being clean, and IM a lot happier.
I Smoke Cigarettes. Yes, I know they are dumb, and I hate them. But, I used them as a substitue addiction to aformentioned substances, and Im slowly getting off them as well, Im down to 4 a day, from a pack and a half a day.
I Do Not Have Promiscuous Sex. I Do Not Have Sex. I cant get any, and, frankly, I have enough shit to deal with right now other than getting laid. I wish things were different, but Im not doing anything to change it.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
PenCapChew
lawlz
130 IQ
No
but I have alot of respect for someone who is, as long as they dont act like their better then people who smoke and drink and all that bullshti
Member of the Big Muff Club, PM sonicyouthsaves to join.

Quote by whyvern
I <3 Relient K and Christian Punx!

Up da jesus!!!!
Basser121503
102 IQ
I guess I am with the no smoking, drinking, and drugs but I have had sex with my girlfriend if that counts. I don't really care what I am I just don't want to do any of that stuff
ScummerVacation
Foghorn Leghorn
18 IQ
Quote by capsfan17
I always thought sXe was about clearness of mind, and you could even drink, so long as you didnt drink to the point of being in a drunken stupor? Maybe Im wrong, I dont know.

as it goes for me though
I Drink, when I get the chance, but Im sure to do it in a controlled enviroment, and I always have my decdicated friend as the DD, he actually formed a sect of sXe, he calls it dXd
I Do Drugs, now, I took about a year off, then last winter I got hit hard by them again. Ive had struggles with weed and vicodin addictions in the past 6 months. Ive also fried out my brain on hallucinogens, and I regret it greatly. Im trying to get clean right now though, and Im about a month in being clean, and IM a lot happier.
I Smoke Cigarettes. Yes, I know they are dumb, and I hate them. But, I used them as a substitue addiction to aformentioned substances, and Im slowly getting off them as well, Im down to 4 a day, from a pack and a half a day.
I Do Not Have Promiscuous Sex. I Do Not Have Sex. I cant get any, and, frankly, I have enough shit to deal with right now other than getting laid. I wish things were different, but Im not doing anything to change it.

Hahahah. Youre quite the straight-edge scenester arn't you.
SIZE]
pistols
i no longer like chicken
1,403 IQ
I know a straight-edge, hes a mad bloke.

The thing I don't get is, he called me "semi straight-edge"

I drink, and love it
I use drugs, but only salvia, and I won't go near any other illegal drug, because they f*ck you up (and the salvia was only once, I'm trying to get my hands on more, but the "dealer" has switched to an enhanced product that has tar in it, and I don't want that. I used salvia because its healthier)
I used to smoke cigarettes, but quit 2 years ago. If you haven't smoked before, don't try it, I still crave them everyday
I don't believe in having sex with prostitutes, swinging, or having sex with people you pick up in clubs. I think it should only be with a boyfriend / girlfriend. Thats part morals, and partly the fact that sh*t always gets stirred up if you do that sort of stuff

Semi, maybe half, but not really, no. But if you^ whoever it was that said its not having what you think is dangerous, I always have a sober person nearby when I drink, so I believe its safe.

And I don't call myself straight-edge, I'm just a regular punk kid.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
capsfan17
Huzzah!
150 IQ
Quote by ScummerVacation
Hahahah. Youre quite the straight-edge scenester arn't you.

Im so sXe my nickname is potsy
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
johnnynemo
1,245 IQ
I don't drink, smoke, fornicate, use drugs or eat meat, but I'm not straight edge, because I hate Minor Threat.

I found that riding my bike 100 miles a week greatly increases my anandamide levels, which produces an effect that they call the "runners high".

In case you haven't heard of it.......anandamide is a cannabinoid, or lipid molecule, that is naturally produced in the body. It is known to produce sensations that are similar to those of THC, the psychoactive property in marijuana.
You can read more about it here.

http://safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=842
Last edited by johnnynemo at Apr 18, 2006,
ss311
Bertrand Russell
4,096 IQ
I used to call myself straight edge. Now I don't care for the term. It's just a title. I don't drink, have promiscuous sex or do any sort of drugs but I don't want a label anymore. I've never even tried drugs or smoking.
johnnynemo
1,245 IQ
I used to drink, smoke, sleep with any girl who was willing, and did drugs, when I was younger and lived in a place that I hated.
I just used anything I could find to escape.

Now that I don't live there anymore, and my life is somewhat better, I don't need them.
I've also seen people wreck their lives with chemicals.
It stops being fun when friends become junkies and start stealing from you.
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by johnnynemo
I don't drink, smoke, fornicate, use drugs or eat meat, but I'm not straight edge, because I hate Minor Threat.

I found that riding my bike 100 miles a week greatly increases my anandamide levels, which produces an effect that they call the "runners high".

In case you haven't heard of it.......anandamide is a cannabinoid, or lipid molecule, that is naturally produced in the body. It is known to produce sensations that are similar to those of THC, the psychoactive property in marijuana.
You can read more about it here.

http://safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=842

I love when I get that.
I do crew, which is considered the "most physically demanding sport" and is mostly endurance.
So I get that a lot
it's awesome.

And I don't do anything promiscuous, drink, smoke, and I pretty much don't eat junk food or soda except when I'm at a party.
But I don't consider myself straight edge for the same reason as Nemo.
ScummerVacation
Foghorn Leghorn
18 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie
I love when I get that.
I do crew, which is considered the "most physically demanding sport" and is mostly endurance.
So I get that a lot
it's awesome.

And I don't do anything promiscuous, drink, smoke, and I pretty much don't eat junk food or soda except when I'm at a party.
But I don't consider myself straight edge for the same reason as Nemo.

I do the dew, and that seems to work for me. I dont believe the whole Anadamide neurotransmitter crap, the same type of deal is in cocoa and chocolate and they all went threw that a couple years ago. Its just your body working properly, some people call it a second wind, if you think its euphoric than thats friggin awesome.
SIZE]
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by ScummerVacation
I do the dew, and that seems to work for me. I dont believe the whole Anadamide neurotransmitter crap, the same type of deal is in cocoa and chocolate and they all went threw that a couple years ago. Its just your body working properly, some people call it a second wind, if you think its euphoric than thats friggin awesome.

I was always told its just natural pain killers made by your body when you're giving it a lot of pain.

So uhhh....
yeah they're pretty sweet.
ScummerVacation
Foghorn Leghorn
18 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie
I was always told its just natural pain killers made by your body when you're giving it a lot of pain.

So uhhh....
yeah they're pretty sweet.

Haha whatever it is, goodtimes.
SIZE]
johnnynemo
1,245 IQ
Cannabinoids are our friends.
So long as they are manufactued by our body, that is.
If they grow in plant form, then they are evil, evil, evil.
So saith Ian MacKaye, DARE, and my high school guidance counsellor....and they would never mislead us, m'kay.
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by johnnynemo
Cannabinoids are our friends.
So long as they are manufactued by our body, that is.
If they grow in plant form, then they are evil, evil, evil.
So saith Ian MacKaye, DARE, and my high school guidance counsellor....and they would never mislead us, m'kay.

DARE is so ineffective it's hilarious.
They showed us a cartoon of what it'd be like to be on drugs in the 4 grade, and I remember my best friend who i'm still best friends with now and I were laughing the whole way through. Afterwards she comes up to me and says "is it bad that that made me WANT to do drugs?"
johnnynemo
1,245 IQ
Hahahaha.
When I was in elementary school, (when the earth was still cooling and dinosaurs roamed outside our cave) they passed a bag of pot around, so that we would all know what it smelled like.

My firend was gonna steal some.
I said to my friend "This is crap. Your mom's smokes much better stuff than this. Steal some of her's."
johnnynemo
1,245 IQ
I think it's better, in the long run, if you're gonna run wild, to do it while you're young.

Many of the guys I knew who were straight edge when they were young, went to college and became some of the worst drunks/druggie scumbags you've ever seen.

Since I was getting drunk in 8th grade, I got bored with it by about age 19.

Obviously your best bet is to not let yourself get out of hand or get addicted to any chemical at any age, but that's rarely what people do.
Prince
born to lose
390 IQ
Quote by johnnynemo
My firend was gonna steal some.
I said to my friend "This is crap. Your mom's smokes much better stuff than this. Steal some of her's."

haha

and i am straight edge
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
That's how I always saw it.
All the kids who I've seen been sheltered at a young age go to college and party like crazy.
All my friends who used to have the parents who wouldn't let them watch PG-13 movies, or eat candy, are already the majority of kids around here doing drugs.
And half of the friends of my two sibblings in college are out drinking everyother night.

I think that's why my parents let me start going to shows when I was 12 and letting me watch R rated movies since I could remember.
The only thing they don't consent to is letting me get anything but my ears peirced.
But I can deal with that because I can't deal with the holes in my head as it stands.
haha (to Nemo)

EDIT:

Quote by Prince
haha

and i am straight edge

It's in Prince's eyes...
johnnynemo
1,245 IQ
The exceptions to this rule, of course, are Drew Barrymore and Robert Downey Jr.
They started with the chemicals at a very young age and haven't really let up.

But, at least if you get busted for chemicals when you're 12, you're not looking at jail time and you can get help without having too many legal ramifications.