powerlord
UG Fanatic
796 IQ
Are there any rock cover bands that do only covers for the 80's hair and metal bands that are well known for it.And I don't mean famous bands that did covers.
UnDarkGuitar
Uncovering Darkness
87 IQ
... so you are asking "is there any bands who are well known because they do covers and thats it"?

No.
http://Uncovering.Darkness.tripod.com
powerlord
UG Fanatic
796 IQ
Yeah,I think there is a KISS cover band that is pretty well known but I don't know if there are any others?
Spydr
Everyday I Have the Blues
500 IQ
The thing about being well know is that if their were any you would know about them.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
curtis loew
I love acid.
1,449 IQ
there is an all girl ac/dc tribute band thats pretty famous
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
JkHalen
175 IQ
well, "The Atomic Punks" are a Van Halen tribute band and are pretty well known. They copy the early Van Halen(Roth era) perfectly to every single detail and I am quite impressed with how amazing they are. Click here to see a couple of videos of 'em playing
Quote by metalmonsterr
The first time i heard about Granny Sluts 16 on DVD i was like OMG AWESOME.I feel like they made it just for me, then after i saw it the black granny at the end just makes me feel really awkward and depressed
xxdarrenxx
UG Fanatic
1,654 IQ
This one's easy Weird al Yankovic Although it's not metal it's the most known person out there. What kind of weird question is this anyway if there would be any famous band you'd have know or else it would turn up at the first few matches at google

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
powerlord
UG Fanatic
796 IQ
I did the google search and found more 80's new wave cover bands than anything and I didn't say a famous cover band just well knowns,alot of them are local bands so alot of people might know some that aren't listed.
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
You pretty much need a stupid gimmick to become famous as a cover band (as if covering another band isnt gimmicky enough, right?) But I'm talking about the Iron Maidens, the all female Maiden cover band. And Lez Zeppelin, the group of dykes who cover Zep. I've seen tons of cover bands over the years, and most of them were excellent. I'm mean, you gotta be if you want to find gigs. But only the wacky and weird ones seem to find any widespread recognition at all.