Page 1 of 2
SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
Amazing metalcore out of Chicago. They're getting quite a fanbase too. Many of you will say, "generic!" but for me theres something unique about them I can't put a finger on.

www.myspace.com/deadtofall
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
way to be 4 years late

they've had a fanbase for a long time. i even got to play a show with them about 3 years ago. very good dudes, i support them even if the lineup changes every week
bloodstained
UG Board King
266 IQ
Quote by _Clayman
way to be 4 years late

they've had a fanbase for a long time. i even got to play a show with them about 3 years ago. very good dudes, i support them even if the lineup changes every week

Do you have your head that far up your ass?

Seriously, if you didn't know these guys, you would be saying something similar to what you had said in the Thursday thread before it got closed.
hXcMacbeth3
256 IQ
yeah ive known about them for a long time(not trying to sound like i know everything, just saying its not like they are a new band) and yeah their not bad, new stuff sounds good as well
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
shai_savant
212 IQ
Quote by _Clayman
way to be 4 years late

haha your right i've seen them 6 times they are awsome they play awsome shows but a lot of people think that they are boring the record release show was tight and yeah the line up does change but they are like a super group now
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
I never said I just heard about them either, you jackass.
But when you're as far away from Chicago as I am (Southern California) and when you live in the middle of nowhere (Camarillo) it's not very often that you find a decent band with a fanbase.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
benchiefjr
UG's Metalcore Guitarist
217 IQ
i think their new cd is disappointing...i haven't really listened to it all the way through for awhile though, so who knows.
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
Quote by benchiefjr
i think their new cd is disappointing...i haven't really listened to it all the way through for awhile though, so who knows.

I really like it. My favorite is probably Smoke and Mirrors.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
tinblimp9340
Mosh It Up
199 IQ
The new cd is by far heavier than V&V....Their new guitarist Aaron used to be in this sick metal band from around here (nehemiah) but left for dead to fall. the phoenix throne bears almost no resemblance to Villiany and Vurtue..
Quote by i'm a noob
is there a website with the location of dealers? i mean, i want to try weed for the first time, but none of my friends do it or anything, and i don't know where to get it. For safety purposes you might want to PM me.
SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
^ I think it's kind of fun how since the members switch around between each album, it makes each album different (usually for the better in my opinion)
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Combat
87 IQ
new cd is definately better then their older work. i havent got it yet though.
AcidBath443
aka Captain Tigglesworth
669 IQ
Saw them opening for Obituary and Napalm Death a while back. Not too bad, I just don't like when people tack on a hardcore or metalcore band at a metal show. My old drummer used to be really into them acctually. The singer seems like a nice guy too I talked to him a bit before their set started.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
shai_savant
212 IQ
Quote by tinblimp9340
The new cd is by far heavier than V&V....Their new guitarist Aaron used to be in this sick metal band from around here (nehemiah) but left for dead to fall. the phoenix throne bears almost no resemblance to Villiany and Vurtue..

like i said they are like a super group now
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
holy crap i love being hated

i have always dug this band, and as long as jon hunt is good to me and my friends, i always will. you kids are nerds.
bloodstained
UG Board King
266 IQ
Quote by _Clayman

i have always dug this band, and as long as jon hunt is good to me and my friends, i always will. you kids are nerds.

I don't hate you; you can't hate someone over the internet because you?re judging someone over minor qualities shown on an internet board? that is stupid. I just think your head is up your arse. And you spill so much bullsh*t on how much you apparently know about "real" hardcore, yet give me and many other on this board 3 seconds into your music tastes, "real" hardcore will then be something you have no real grasp on.
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
i like dead to fall so i dont know what real hardcore is?

**** you kid. you dont know the first thing about hardcore. i mean the life. i know what i'm talkin about because i've BTDT, you're 15 or whatever trying to look real cool by loving bands from the 80's. i respect that stuff but its not my bag. you didnt even live a day in the 80's, i'm willing to bet.

i know what real hardcore is. as a kid i watched my uncles videos he taped of black flag and minor threat playing shows together when he was my age. hardcore - i grew up around it, played it, supported it, and lived it. shut your sheltered suburban face. ill be damned if some homo tries to tell me what hardcore is. know your **** before you spit, sally.
shai_savant
212 IQ
Quote by _Clayman

why would you not like them just because they wouldn't be "good to you and your friends" which i'm sure they always will be......so if you didn't know them personally you wouldn't like them?
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
PacoWang
UG Spammer
67 IQ
Yeah, I don't know what's going on at all in this thread but I listened to that band a long time ago (I do know everything and I'm trying to sound like I do) and they still weren't good.

I listened to their new stuff and it also wasn't good.
Pride, faith, respect, this is what we live for
Hardcore and this is what we die for
Our legacy is eternal, my crew is my family
PacoWang
UG Spammer
67 IQ
Quote by shai_savant
why would you not like them just because they wouldn't be "good to you and your friends" which i'm sure they always will be......so if you didn't know them personally you wouldn't like them?

It's kinda like if we weren't gay you wouldn't like me.

Get it?
Pride, faith, respect, this is what we live for
Hardcore and this is what we die for
Our legacy is eternal, my crew is my family
shai_savant
212 IQ
Quote by PacoWang
It's kinda like if we weren't gay you wouldn't like me.

Get it?

no
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
bloodstained
UG Board King
266 IQ
Quote by _Clayman
i like dead to fall so i dont know what real hardcore is?

**** you kid. you dont know the first thing about hardcore. i mean the life. i know what i'm talkin about because i've BTDT, you're 15 or whatever trying to look real cool by loving bands from the 80's. i respect that stuff but its not my bag. you didnt even live a day in the 80's, i'm willing to bet.

i know what real hardcore is. as a kid i watched my uncles videos he taped of black flag and minor threat playing shows together when he was my age. hardcore - i grew up around it, played it, supported it, and lived it. shut your sheltered suburban face. ill be damned if some homo tries to tell me what hardcore is. know your **** before you spit, sally.

First thing man, I'm 17; you're a year or two years older then me. Plus I've grown all around hardcore. I've been listening to Minor Threat since I was nine. My relatives took me to the first Australian Fugazi tour in the early 90's. And I'm not saying that just cause you like "Dead to Fall" you are not real hardcore, just in any other thread about any other generic metalcore band, no bet, you would be slandering the band and the person who made the thread and no doubt if the person called them hardcore you would come back and say, there not hardcore this is hardcore. That is what I'm talking about dude. And plus, don't give me this sh*t about you living the hardcore life. You listen to some of the most militant hardcore bands, and you've admitted to fighting for the fun of it, that isn't hardcore man. That is a joke.

Also you don?t know my financial situation, so don?t spill this whole ?suburban? white boy **** on me, because no doubt, I?ve been through way more hardship then you can ever think of.
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
I highly, highly doubt that.

You don't know how things work up here. Faggots like you get stomped on a nightly basis because you try to sound like you know what you're talkin about, tryin to call out people and such. You're the joke. Fighting is a neccesary evil of hardcore, something your pansy ass would know nothing about, being a gay man in a fruity neighborhood. You wouldn't last a minute in NEPA, or Philly, or south jersey.

Hardship. **** you. You look like you've been through about as much Paris Hilton. I'm sure Australia is such a rough ****in place full of hard dudes lookin to rob your house or have a gunfight right outside it. That's what it's like here. You could not sound more out of touch.

Until you've experienced east coast hardcore, you don't know a ****ing thing. Choke on a dick, mary.
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
*gets the popcorn and a good seat*
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Ha...

So seeing people with guns make you feel like a BIG man?

I'm 15. But old enough to know eough about the scene. I've been to many local ones and beginning to go out further to check out better bands.

That's all you need to enjoy and be hardcore ****face. Age is nothing - on or off thes scene - so don't use it to begin off every argument. That seems to be the only back up you have about from "it's/you aren't real hardcore".
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
Quote by Craigo
Ha...

So seeing people with guns make you feel like a BIG man?

I'm 15. But old enough to know eough about the scene. I've been to many local ones and beginning to go out further to check out better bands.

That's all you need to enjoy and be hardcore ****face. Age is nothing - on or off thes scene - so don't use it to begin off every argument. That seems to be the only back up you have about from "it's/you aren't real hardcore".

you discounted your point right away. shut up. and some drug dealers shot each other up in front of my place a couple years ago, a couple wounded ones fell in my back door beggin for me to call 911. i did, and to protect my sisters i had to grab a gun myself and hold down the fort. call me a liar all you want, **** was in the paper and everything.

grow up, kid. then you can run that mouth.
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
Uh... awesome. Anybody listen to the music?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Combat
87 IQ
Quote by LedZeppelin
Uh... awesome. Anybody listen to the music?

exactly what i was thinking.
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
Come on guys this is UG, did you expect anyone to actually listen to the band in the topic?
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
hXcMacbeth3
256 IQ
Quote by _Clayman

Until you've experienced east coast hardcore, you don't know a ****ing thing. Choke on a dick, mary.

thats terribly ignorant

anyway...does anyone know what album "broken path" is on, i love that song...oh yeah im talking about the band dead to fall in case anyone has forgotten
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
shai_savant
212 IQ
Quote by hXcMacbeth3
thats terribly ignorant

anyway...does anyone know what album "broken path" is on, i love that song...oh yeah im talking about the band dead to fall in case anyone has forgotten

no your not cause it's not on any of the cds
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
shai_savant
212 IQ
all the demo tracks aren't to good from what i've heard
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
Quote by _Clayman

you didnt even live a day in the 80's, i'm willing to bet.

Oh, so your 3 years in the 80's really made you xtuffx I guess?
Get a life.

Living in some ghetto ass neighboorhood doesn't have anything to do with music.
Age does have something to do with the music IF IT'S ACTUALLY SIGNIFICANT, because you must have been listening to some heavy **** the two years you have on me.

More-so than me disliking your attitude in all your posts, you never post anything worth value of reading. You never input to the conversation at all, you just make some asshole remark.

I hate arguing over the Internet, it's dumb and there's no real point to it, but when you're going to just go out and insult/antagonize people in most of your posts, I don't really see any way to avoid it.

EDIT: And before you say "you started it", I know I did, but I and everyone else is sick of you.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Last edited by SilentSpectacle at Apr 19, 2006,
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Oh, so your 3 years in the 80's really made you xtuffx I guess?
Get a life.

i dont use the decade to identify who i am. nice try doucheo
Gomorrah
Dissertation 14
577 IQ
white boy suburban core ftw.

You gotta fight to be hardcore lololol. Yeah brass knuckles guns knifes hell yea.

Clayman what does your story have to do with hardcore?

Dai please don't close this

so yeah about Dead To Fall.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
nerdball was tryin to call me out on not having it hard. i replied. **** your mother?
Gomorrah
Dissertation 14
577 IQ
I challenge you to a street fight. I need some scene points so everyone can think im tough so i can be accepted in the hardcore community.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
lame ass

i never said fighting made you cool or accepted. it just happens. watch boston beatdown and learn a thing or two.
Gomorrah
Dissertation 14
577 IQ
The fights that take place in Boston Beatdown are necessary?
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

_Clayman
Banned
120 IQ
people talk ****, they're taken care of. i dont see the extravagance in that.