Page 1 of 11
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
Deep Purple threads always pop up now and again, but to me this is Ritchies superior band. Don't get me wrong I like Deep Purple but comapered to Rainbow they just arn't that good. So I was wondering what you all thought of such an underrated band and of course such a skilled guitarist. I personally like the Dio years from the 70's; some great songs surfaced in that era like the almighty Satrgazer and Gates of Babylon. From such an unsteady line up these guys did some great things together. So what do you guys think

Long Live Rock n' Roll!
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
omega5
Restless Gypsy
333 IQ
i love Rainbow and I hope those DVDs that are set for release this year in Japan also get a USA release. The Dio years were the best along with some of Joe Lynn Turners songs and Ariel from the last Rainbow album.
«ÃFireÏnside»
Dancing Alone
53 IQ
I know last time there was a Rainbow thread you, me and I think 2 others were basically the only ones that commented...it's a shame, unbelievable band. One of the most underrated bands ever.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
Quote by «ÃFireÏnside»
I know last time there was a Rainbow thread you, me and I think 2 others were basically the only ones that commented...it's a shame, unbelievable band. One of the most underrated bands ever.

Yeah thats true, it is a shame. I can only try and spread them. The main problem is that most people have never heard of them.
JackWhite1988
UG Addict
309 IQ
Quote by «ÃFireÏnside»

I was the other guy. haha.

Rainbow is a great hard rock band. Anything Blackmore is worth listening to. I feel proud to be one of the few to actually know alot about Blackmore.
Bow down to the king....the King of Kings
thecool
42 IQ
I've always had a special place for Rainbow. One of the best hard rock acts from the late 70's. I'm not sure i'd agree with you on the deep purple part though, I think I'd rank them about even. Amazing band!
«ÃFireÏnside»
Dancing Alone
53 IQ
Quote by JackWhite1988
I was the other guy. haha.

Rainbow is a great hard rock band. Anything Blackmore is worth listening to. I feel proud to be one of the few to actually know alot about Blackmore.

I thought so but I wasn't positive

I honestly think Rising is one of the best covers on any album in history.
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
^ I think Dane55 might of posted a bit as well.

I agree with you on the cover, it is very powerful and certainly captures the spirit of the album.

I'm reading 'Rainbow English Castle Magic' at the moment and Tony said 'it sucks' Dio didn't seem to impressed with it either, he didn't like his work on A Light in the Black (he prefers the first album) I think Tony got what he deserved anyway while recording LLRnR, LA Connection is written about him.
Danne55
16 IQ
^^ Thank you very much Master Shake, I believe I did post a lot
I guess it's gonna be me and uou and ÄFireInside which will be the only posters in this thread too.... SHAME ON YOU OTHERS

The Rising cover is powerful indeed. And the greatest (probably...) album ever deserves a powerful cover

EDIT:
<--- nice pic ehh
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Pay heed to this man, because he speaks the truth.
Last edited by Danne55 at Apr 23, 2006,
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Rainbow is an awesome band. I definetly haven't heard enough of their stuff, though, because I don't own any of their albums. What's I have heard has been stuff from the radio or that my friends have.

Blackmore is an awesome guitarist, but I'm a bigger fan of him in Deep Purple than I am in Rainbow.
«ÃFireÏnside»
Dancing Alone
53 IQ
Quote by Danne55
^^ Thank you very much Master Shake, I believe I did post a lot
I guess it's gonna be me and uou and ÄFireInside which will be the only posters in this thread too.... SHAME ON YOU OTHERS

The Rising cover is powerful indeed. And the greatest (probably...) album ever deserves a powerful cover

EDIT:
<--- nice pic ehh

Too bad the avatar size is too small to really see it, but amazing cover it is.
JackWhite1988
UG Addict
309 IQ
I'm pretty sure my guitar playing as far as creativity would not have been as deep without Blackmore. I probably wouldn't even be playing guitar if it weren't for Ritchie Blackmore.

Favorite Rainbow album 70's: Rainbow Rising
Favorite Rainbow album 80's: Difficult to Cure or Straight Between the Eyes
Deep Purple Album: Fireball
Non-Mark II album: Burn or Book of Taliesyan
Last edited by JackWhite1988 at Apr 23, 2006,
TwistedLogic
YaddaYaddaBlahBlahBlah
183 IQ
Hey Hey Guys;
Nice to chat with ya again. Love Rainbow. Ritchie Blackmore is one of the main reasons I picked up the guitar. A brilliant, beautiful and effortless player. Why is Rainbow underrated? Good guestion since Blackmore and songs like Stargazer have been sited as influences by people like Rhoads and Malmsteen. It might be related to the band member changes. The Dio years ( the best in my mind) only lasted like 3 maybe four years, after which the band shifted from being a heavy / prog rock band to trying to be more radio friendly. Personally ( a person who is 39 years old and lived these years in his teens) I was distressed by the change of musical direction and this change might have turned off other fans and failed to solidify the bands place in music history. It could be said that it takes the average band 3 albums to created and maintain an image. If so, Rainbow did not give itself time to become a solid outfit and solidify and expand its fan base. What a shame. Stargazer,Catch the Rainbow, Light in the Black, 16th century greensleeves, Gates of Babylon, Kill the King are just a few of the brilliant pieces put out by this band.

Not to dismiss hte work of the Joe Lynn Turner ear, of which there are some aweome tunes like Stonecold and Difficult to cure, but it was a different band that what Ritchie had originally created and the change in style is what might have led to Rainbow's lack of recognition for the quality work that the band produced. That was my two cents. Time to go listen to Long Live Rock and Roll.

Later

P.S: To danne55 I absolutely love your avatar. That is the best album cover ever in my mind. It seems to embody power and persiverance to me. Love it.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Apr 26, 2006,
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
^ I agree. Great to see a few replys and some fellow Ritchie Blackmore fans. DTE is probably my least favourite album of them all but I still like it. Just what a change in direction, Since youve been gone shocked me. I still like Eyes of the World and a few other tracks but you can't even compare it to the Dio years. Turner had some strong points I like quite a few but then I still wonder about a few tracks. He wasn't very good on the Live Between The Eyes concert but Blackmore was on fire! And I think poor Doogie is completely overlooked, as is the whole Stranger in us All album. Blackmore said himself that he got the band as big as he wanted it to be. I don't really mind that they wernt that big, I like them for what they did some people just dont understand this type of music. It's a band that you might have to be a musician yourself to fully appreicate. I cant wait for Rockpalast 77 to come out!! It's only a few months away I think Dio might even do the horns in this one (before Black Sabbath) during Kill the King. I might have to watch it again and double check. I personally feel the live versions of songs such a 16C Greensleeves and MOTSM and even Catch the Rainbow were better (they were a live band) but I really wish I got to see a concert with these guys especially the Dio years. Too bad he wont do a reunion concert.

Nice avatar danne55
JackWhite1988
UG Addict
309 IQ
For those who didn't already know, this is what old Blackmore has been doing since Rainbow/Deep Purple.....

Good looking girl on the right is Blackmore's partner. They met in 1990, she did backup vocals for Rainbow in 95'. No wonder we won't be seeing a DP reunion. 60+ year old man with a woman half his age. He must be living right.
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
Not to be pedantic but they actualy met in 89 at a soccer match between Blacker's and a local radio station Candice worked for Candice also shared some of the writing duties as well like on Hall of the Mountain King. And incase you were wondering Blacker's turned 61 just a few weeks ago on the 14th of April. I really wish he wouldn't were the tights though, even if they are authentic to ren music. I'm not sure if Blackmore's Night might be comming to an end anyway. Blacker's certainly looks like he is enjoying himself and smiles and actualy jokes on stage but there are a lot of covers on the new album (including Street of Dreams and Child in Time) and the Strat is turning up more often so I don't think there would be a reunion for Rainbow or Deep Purple as much as I would like to see one but I think he should do something else with 'Fresh Blood' he seems to have a talent for discovering undicovered talent and create a new band. I would really like to see an instrumental album by TMiB

I'm guessing I would be the only Blackmore's Night fan here he does some excellent work on his accoustic, not so much a fan of the vocals though but Candice is getting much better.
TwistedLogic
YaddaYaddaBlahBlahBlah
183 IQ
Blackmore and Candace Night (very attractive I might add) are married arent they? I have listened to Blackmore's Night a couple of times and appreciate what they are doing but it is just for me. MasterShake appears to be right on about Rainbow being an outfit bred for live work. The first album has poor production in my opinion but when you hear 16th century greensleeves or catch the Rainbow live from Rainbow on stage it just blows the original away. And hte Intro to Mistreated is awesome; the little classical intro followed by the wholloping opening intro riff is brilliant. What should hte man in black do now or does he want to do much as he gets on in years? Reforming rainbow might not work because if it were to be with previous members that could lead to controvery among former band members and the fans about who should be in the band; Tony Carey or Don Airey on keys, Bob Daisley or Roger Glover on Bass. Then who would actually want to rejoin if there is animosity over having been dismissed by Blackmore in the first place?

The idea of doing Purple again is not likely as the new unit with Steve Morse is stable, recording and appear very happy. No room for Blackmore in there anymore. Maybe he should try his hand at producing up and comers and writing so stuff with young bands, sort of like what Santana has done in the past few years only being done to aid in the development of fresh talent. Not sure if that would work knowing his temper.
Evil_Empire24-7
UG Freak
3,043 IQ
rainbow is brilliant , i like their cover of Beethoven's 9th + ritchie is one of history's greatest rock guitarist since he invented neo-classical and being one of the 70's greatest guitarists.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.

The Mahavishnu Orchestra (Greatest Rock Ensemble 1971 - 1973)

[[Practice Makes Perfect]]

[[Hell Yeah]]
distilledspirit
Fat Old Sun
463 IQ
Their self-titled album is my absolute favorite but Rising is also a tremendous album.

Now, I'm not too sure about their whole bio so could someone give me a very brief description? Just explaining how they got together and when they broke up or w/e. Thanks a lot.
ThePurpleRabbit
Rocks OFF!
555 IQ
4 words:

LONG LIVE ROCK n' ROLL!!
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
To a previous post, no Candice and Ritchie are not married but have been engaged for a long time now.

A breif bio

Back to the Deep Purple days a band called Elf that featured Ronnie James Dio on vocals were the opening act for Deep Purple. Ritchie was not happy how the band was starting to change direction and really wanted to do a quartermass song called ironically enough "Black Sheep Of The Family" the purple guys didnt want to because it wasnt their song so Ritchie one day after many years together spoke to Ronnie about it and he also like the song so they did a recording of it and Ritchie really liked how it turned out. Soon they started piecing other tracks for a "B" side with the other guys from Elf and then the other tracks turned out even better and the result was Ritchie Blackmore"s Rainbow released in 1975. I might add Self Portrait is almost criminaly underrated.
Ritchie left Purple and then went solo on his new Rainbow project (named after the Rainbow Bar and Grill) replaced all the Elf guys for "more suited musicians" including Cozy Powell and then recorded Rainbow Rising (now with BLackmore chopped off the front) in 1976. Next a live album On Stage 77 was recorded and to many peoples upset didnt contain Stargazer but Ritchie felt it didnt work well without the orchestra. Next another few changes for the next album Long Live Rock "n" Roll and they had real problems finding a new bass player so Blackmore plays bass on a few tracks (I will let you guess which ones) and then also did all his seance stuff there to which is why "No Thanks to BAAL" appears on the back of the album.

Next came the unfortunate departure of Dio (it seemed more like a mutual desicion if you listen to bootlegs) and Graham Bonnet was the new vocalist and Glover came in to produce and play bass officaly. Down to Earth 1979 Very big change in direction and has a very commercial approach. Opened the first Monsters of Rock concert.

Bonnet was then kicked and Joe Lynn Turner was the new voclaist (still many other band members changed) with Difficult to Cure 1981 with the title track being the famous Beethoven tune and also contains Vielleicht Das Nächste Mal another lovely interpretation the andante movement of Beethovens Ninth Symphony with the slide guitar and an excellent impro section. Straight Between the Eyes 1982 just slight changes still very commercial orreientated compared to the Dio years stand out track IMO is Tearin' Out My Heart also cantains hits like Stone Cold etc. Then Bent Out of Shape was released in 1983 before Ritchie left to go back to Deep Purple (I wont go into why) for a break before 1995 when Rainbow was reformed with even more musicans and recorded Stranger In Us All with Doogie White on vocals and is the closest to the Dio years. Doogie did want to write mystical lyrics but Ritchie said that was Dio"s thing and wanted him to write lyrics that appealed to girls. The stand out tracks for me are Black Masquerade, Arieal and Hall of the Mountain King (that popular Greig theme)
So in all Ritchie was the only constant and had many changes in line ups which I didnt put because it wasnt really necissary. Obviously I could go into much more depth and already probably went to much into it already but feel free to ask questions on this awsome band.

I hope that makes sense and there arnt too many typos but you should get the picture. I hope I didnt leave anything out but someone can correct me if I did.
Prophet of Page
258 IQ
I'm listening to Rainbow Eyes right now.

Great band, I've always loved Blackmore's playing, and always loved Dio's voice, so Rainbow really works for me.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Prophet of Page
258 IQ
You know I'm so glad that my sig actually works.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
No problem at all distilledspirit

And yay someone else posted cheers Tom
istandalone
120 IQ
personally i dont know much about rainbow at all but dio, his solo career...wow he is amazing!
rock and roll aint noise pollution, rock and roll aint gonna die-ac/dc
TwistedLogic
YaddaYaddaBlahBlahBlah
183 IQ
I think that I am going to pick up live in germany today if the store I am going to has it. I am totally phyched. Supposed to be better than On Stage, which I already have on vynal; yes I am that old.

P.S; in my opinion the intro for rainbow eyes is arguably the most beautiful piece of music written in rock. My favorite piece of music bar none. I have had a hell of a time finding what I consider to be an adequate tab of the intro. Help, suggestions, and general comments on the intro and tune are welcome. Long Live Rock and Roll.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at May 2, 2006,
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
I love Rainbow Eyes, I agree with you completely!!! it is beautiful and IMO the perfect closure to LLRn'R. Live in Germany is good, although I don't think I have ever seen it in a store here. I am more familar with On Stage though.

Try This Tab: (sorry I had to cut it all out because it was 28000 characters long and u can only have 10000)
If it is what you already have then there isn't much point posting it all anyway but if it's not I can send it to you another way.

|-------0--0-----------------------|
|-------5--3--0-(0)-(0)--(0)--(0)--|
|-------------4--2---0----2----4---|
|----------------------------------|
|----------------------------------|
|--0-------------------------------|

--------------2----------|-------0--0-----------------------|
--1-----1--------1--1----|-------5--3--0-(0)-(0)--(0)--(0)--|
-----2-----2-------------|-------------4--2---0----2----4---|
-------------------------|----------------------------------|
--0----------------------|----------------------------------|
-------------------------|--0-------------------------------|

--------------0------------|---------------------------|
-----------1--1------1-----|---------------------------|
-----------0--0------0--0--|-----------5-7-5-----------|
-----2--2---------2-----0--|-------5---5-7-5-----5--7--|
--3------------------------|--0----5-7--------7--5--7--|
---------------------------|---------------------------|

--------------0----------|---------2------------------|--------------3----2----|
--------5--7--8----7--5--|--3-5-3-----3-5-1-----3--5--|--3--------3------------|
--------4--6--7----4--0--|--2-4-2-----2-4-0-----0--0--|--2-----2---------------|
-------------------------|--0---L------------2--------|-----0------------------|
-----2-------------------|----------------3-----------|------------------------|
--0----------------------|----------------------------|--2---------------------|

She's been gone since-                 
----------------------------------------------|
-------------------------------0--------0-----|
-------------------------------------------0--|
--------2----------------------------0--------|
-----2----------------------------------------|
--0-------------------------------3-----------|

-yesterday                               Oh I didn't-                 
----------------2-----------0-----|------------------------------------|
-------------------3-----------0--|--------1---------------------3-----|
----------------------------------|---------------------0-----------2--|
-------------0-----------2--------|-----2---------------------0--------|
----------------------0-----------|--3---------------------------------|
--2-------------------------------|------------------------2-----------|

-care                              Never cared for-                 
-----------------0----------|----------------------------------------|
----------------------------|-------------------------------------0--|
--------------0-------0-----|-------------------------0--------------|
-----------2-------------2--|--------2-------------------------0-----|
--------2-------------------|-----2-------------------------2--------|
--0-------------------------|--0-------------------------3-----------|

-yesterdays                                 Fancies in the-                
-----------------2-----------0------|---------0------------------------------|
--------------------3---------------|----------------------------------3-----|
--------------------------------2---|----0--------------------0-----------2--|
--------------0-----------2-------2-|------2------------------------0--------|
-----------------------0------------|--3-------------------------------------|
--2---------------------------------|----------------------------2-----------|

-air                              No sighs or-              
----------------0----------|---------------------------------|
---------------------------|--------1------------------3-----|
-------------0-------0-----|------------------------------2--|
----------2----------------|-----2------------------0--------|
-------2----------------2--|--3------------------------------|
--0------------------------|---------------------2-----------|

-mysteries                She lay-     
-------------------3--------------------|
----------------0-----0-----------------|
-------------------------0--------------|
-------------0--------------------------|
----------------------------------------|
--3-------------------------3--------2--|

-golden in the-                         -sun.                       
------------------------0--------------|--------------2--3--2--0-----|
---------------------------------2-----|-----------3--------------3--|
------------------------------2-----0--|--------2--------------------|
---------------------2-----------------|--0--------------------------|
------------------2--------0-----------|-----------------------------|
--0------------------------------------|-----------------------------|

No broken-                -harmonies.                But i-   
-------------------------------|-----------------------3------------|
-------------------------3-----|--------------------0-----0---------|
--------0-------------2-----2--|-----------------0-----------0------|
-----2-------------0-----------|--------------0---------------------|
--3----------------------------|------------------------------------|
-------------------------------|--3---------------------------------|

-lost my way.                      She had rain-       -bow-         
-------------------------0--------|-------------------|-----------|
----------------------1-----------|--1----------------|--L--------|
-------------------0--------------|--2----------------|--L--------|
----------------2-----------------|--2----------------|--L--------|
--3-------------------------------|--0----------------|--L--------|
----------------------------------|-------------------|-----------|

-eyes.                                     Rainbow-           
------------------------------|-----------------------------0--|
------------------------------|--------3-----------------0-----|
---------------0-----------0--|-----2-----2--------------------|
------------2-----------0-----|--0--------------------2--------|
---------2-----------2--------|--------------0-----------------|
--0---------------3-----------|--------------------------------|

-eyes                                    Rainbow-           
----------------------------|-----------0-----------------0--|
--------------0----------0--|--------1-----------------1-----|
----------------------------|--------------------------------|
-----------2----------0-----|-----2-----------------2--------|
--------2-------------------|--3-----------0-----------------|
--0--------------3----------|--------------------------------|

-eyes.                                                 
---------------2--3--------|-----------2--3----2----|
------------3--------------|--------1-----3---------|
---------2-----------------|-----2--------2---------|
--0------------------------|--0-----------0---------|
---------------------------|------------------------|
---------------------------|------------------------|

Or the intro a bit easier if your a noob like me

Q    E  E  S S E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  Q     
E||-------0--0---------------|-------------------------|
B||-------5--3--0-0-0--0--0--|--------------7----------|
G||-------------4-2-0--2--4--|--5-----5--------5--5----|
D||--------------------------|-----7-----7-------------|
A||--------------------------|--0----------------------|
E||--0-----------------------|-------------------------|

|-3-|            
  Q    E  E  S S E  E  E     E  E    E  E  S S S E  S S E   
-------0--0---------------|--------------------------------|
-------5--3--0-0-0--0--0--|----------------5---------------|
-------------4-2-0--2--4--|----------0--5--5--------5------|
--------------------------|-----2----0--5--5-7-5----5-5----|
--------------------------|--3-----5g7-----------7----5-7--|
--0-----------------------|--------------------------------|

Q    S S S S E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  Q    E  E   
---------------------------|--------0--0--0----0--0--|
---------------------------|--------5--7--8----7--5--|
-----------5-7-5-----------|-------------------------|
-------5---5-7-5-----5--7--|-------------------------|
--0----5-7--------7--5--7--|-----2-------------------|
---------------------------|--0----------------------|

S S E  E  S S E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  Q    Q     
--0-0-0--2--0-0-0-----------|--------------3----2----|
--3-5-3-----3-5-1-----3--5--|--3--------3------------|
----------------------0--0--|--2-----2---------------|
-------------------2--------|-----0------------------|
----------------3-----------|------------------------|
----------------------------|--2---------------------|

Cheers
Shake
Danne55
16 IQ
^^ Nice tab

Quote by istandalone
personally i dont know much about rainbow at all but dio, his solo career...wow he is amazing!

Then you should really check out Rainbow with Dio. I think you're gonna like it

btw there are some posts here
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Kadaj
UG Fanatic
172 IQ
I've got an album that's the greatest of Deep Purple, Rainbow and all the offshoots, kinda like a greatest hits, and Rainbow have got some pretty good songs, I'd look into them more but I don't really have the money right now, and I hate borrowing albums. Any tips of what to get if I decide to buy anything?
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Danne55
16 IQ
^^ The album is "Purple Rainbows" right? Really good album

Anyway to try to answer your question:
The best albums are the Dio ones (listed in the years they were released):
1975 Ritche Blackmore's Rainbow
1976 Rising
1977 On Stage
1978 Long Live Rock n Roll

imo Rising is the best followed by LLRnR and finally the self-titled one.
On Stage is a live album and cant really be compared to the studio albums. One of the better live albums there are though
Quote by bodyheatseeker
TwistedLogic
YaddaYaddaBlahBlahBlah
183 IQ
MasterShake you are a god. Thanks for this tab. I think I know what I will be playing for the next few days.

in response to danne55: I agree about the Dio years. I have all of the releases. Of the post Dio years I only have Straigth Between The Eyes, although I would like to try out Stranger In Us All as I have heard good things about it and Doogie White ( is that the right singer?). I saw a video on the Rainbow fan clan site called Hunting Humans and thought it was pretty good. Anyone familiar with that album / cd? Is it worth picking up?

Again thanks MasterShake.
Danne55
16 IQ
^^ As you said Doogie White is the singer in "Stranger in us All". It is very underestimated. It is probably the most similar to the Dio albums. Just that Dio's voice is a bit more deeper or mystical (you get it I hope) compared to White's.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
TwistedLogic
YaddaYaddaBlahBlahBlah
183 IQ
I had this weird thought. Bear with me as I try to explain. If you look at some people who have played in Rainbow, led by a man that many would call tempermental, they aslo have worked with others who likewise have reputations as being difficult sometimes. Joe Lynn Tunrner worked with Malmsteen for a while, Graham Bonnet was in Alctraz which Malmsteen was in at one point; I am not sure if they when together. I think that Doogie White also might have worked with Malmsteen. Weird coincidence if I am right.

And to danne55; as I have some cash lying around I figured taht it was a good time to expand my cd collection. I will give Stranger In Us All a look. Thanks for the imput.
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
Hey no problem at all TwistedLogic I could send you the whole thing if you like (same goes to anyone else PM me if you want it) Yes Stranger In Us All is almost criminally underrated and wasn't released at the right time. 95 wasn't a good year as far as good Hard Rock is concerened.

Here's my brief two cents on the tracks:

Wolf to the Moon: great classic rocker, a great driving song! Candy's lyrics,

Cold Hearted Woman: another nice track reminds me more of the JLT era

Hunting Humans: I think you either love this song or you don't. A lot of people like it and find it the best on the CD however I don't. I'm not saying I hate it but I don't really like the lyrics and it's not really dynamic enough for my likeing. Blacker's still sounds go on it and I prefer it much more live. It is about a serial killer called Dennis Nilsen (he liked dead boys)

Stand and Fight: probably the weakest track IMO

Ariel: A great track with a nice heavy riff, my second favourite on the CD and a very
popular one as far as SIUA is concerned. Candice lyrics again

Too Late for Tear: A good song, doesnt really stand out much to me.

Black Masquerade: My favourite track, good riff, nice solo hints were he was going to go with Blackmore's Night with the accoustic in there.

Silence: alright

Hall of the Mountain King: The popular Greig theme put into a really great Rainbow tune.

Still I'm Sad: again

Emotional Crime (Japanese Bonus Track): Could have easily been included on the CD.

And yes your thought are right. All of the Rainbow guys have worked with Malmsteen including Dio and White also did work with him and I don't think he is far from that camp anyway.
Master Shake
Good milk gone Bad
734 IQ
Kill the King is a great solo, I like arpeggios for some reason but I think the solo on Gates of Babylon is better as a whole
Danne55
16 IQ
Hey guys about the singers also working with the Swedish (you recognised the nationality, right ) Yngwie Malmsteen:
Yngwie's stuff is quite similar to Blackmore's and Rainbow's. (Probably since Blackmore was one of Yngwie's biggest inspirations). Since they are similar they maybe used the same singers

....or maybe there are just a big replacement as there are in many bands....
Quote by bodyheatseeker