rockman123
259 IQ
I play guitar and sing and I have a drummer. We have been playing and practicing for a while now, but we have no bassist. And we HAVE been looking. There is no one at our school. We play mostly punk but love convering metal stuff any suggestions about what to do?
dejesus
"Very Nice"
161 IQ
hm.. maybe try an ad at a local music store like on a bulletin board... tell em about you and influences they should have to fit in...

that or try networking on myspace.

im sure you could find someone in your area there.

good luck man
Drop-A
Banned
140 IQ
do you have any friends that play guitar? if so convince them to play bass in your band. if not, tell every musician friend you have about this problem. one of them is bound to know someone. also, you dont neccisarily need bass in punk. there are plenty of good two peice bands out the, my suggestion would be to detune your guitar so it locks in with the drums better. good luck.
Gabuydachk
443 IQ
3 things you could do

1. go w/o a bassist and be a duo
2. find a bassist
3. don't get a bassist, but get an other instrument(s) (i.e., keyboard)

'tis life
SunshineMan89
50 IQ
You could just find another guitarist, if they're willing to play bass-ish parts and you can't find a bassist.
rathmusbass
UG Freak
660 IQ
slap the guitar with your dick until it bleeds, then offer the blood to the first bassist you meet.

that should get them to join.
" Not usin g this account anymore. Now using " SOA_Bassist "

=-p =-)
UtBDan
BA of Music Theory
4,563 IQ
what makes you limited to the one school? make a poster at another school and at every music shop within 20-30 miles.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Hate-me
Banned
10 IQ
slap the guitar with your dick until it bleeds, then offer the blood to the first bassist you meet.

Haha........That is sooooooooo funny.........
scrambler_66
Let's Do Coke!!
148 IQ
Quote by rathmusbass

that should get them to join.

I've tried that, and my guitar never bled....

But to the topic starter, yeah, fliers. You may also want to go to local concerts and bars where live music is played and ask around.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.