msdstc
224 IQ
front man from weezer, I heard this guy can really shred, I love weezer, and though I'm not a huge fan of shredding I was wondering if they're are any videos of him soloing or shredding or however you want to put it, I wanna see it to believe it.
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
He can.

In his younger days growing up he was into thrash and speed metal or other bands like Iron Maiden etc. I don't know what happened after that though! Watch the Weezer DVD if you want to see it.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Didn't he go to that guitar institute in LA or somewhere similar? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
paintITblack39
triangle offense expert
3,120 IQ
Never thought of Cuomo that way... He is an Ivy Leaguer though, those people are good everything
Sent from my iPad.
mr.joopy987
One guy, four eyes
342 IQ
He was in a progressive metal band in the late 80's. He in the other guitarist met at a GIT camp, and stayed up late at night writing "elaborate counterpoint solos".

NOTE:Most of that came from a book.
The Shadow
I've seen all good people
79 IQ
Yeah, I've heard about this. He does unleash some pretty good solos on Weezer songs, especially Dope Nose.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
^
Yeah, he takes all the solo's in Weezer songs. It makes me feel sorry for the other guitarist who's just stuck with the boring old riffs.
Green_Fox
bang!
71 IQ
he is supposebly very intelligent. yep, an ivy leaguer
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
terrencemaddox
UG Fanatic
174 IQ
Quote by andrewbiles
Didn't he go to that guitar institute in LA or somewhere similar? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Yes, he did go to GIT. I went there for a tour and the guy was telling me about it.

He does have some pretty impressive chops, but it seems like he prefers to hold back.