distilledspirit
Fat Old Sun
463 IQ
I hear about it in every subforum. My question is why? Why no vs. threads I see it as a fun little discussion that can touch things that this forum was put here to do: DETERMINE PEOPLE'S OPINIONS. I don't see how it would offened anybody and I understand that newbs could possibly mess the forum up, but can't we just give it a shot?
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
Believe me, people get offended. Battle get one-sided, somebody says something too harsh about one of the things being compared, a big argument ensues, the topic gets closed.
In a perfect forum where everybody has equally relevant opinions and nobody gets offended and nobody says anything offensive, vs. threads should work. But it's impossible to find a forum composed of all perfect members.
$hab
UG's Miscellaneous Dude
873 IQ
Just read my sig.
Quote by unfathomable_bo

This is why vs threads are banned, because people can say "well Dragonforce are better because ZP's hair is curlier" or "Iron Maided are better coz Dave Murray looks like a fish"

It's Always Funny When It's True.
Stop Messin'
Gibson Girl
702 IQ
Quote by $hab
Just read my sig.

haha Dave Murray looks like a fish lol.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
yawn
Be back later.
2,701 IQ
Yeah, there shouldn't be any Vitalogy or Yield threads either...
distilledspirit
Fat Old Sun
463 IQ
Yeah I get the points but if the civilized human beings of UG could actually have a dignified conversation about a band it would be fun and interesting. You could learn a lot about a band also.
TimiHendrix33
629 IQ
Quote by distilledspirit
Yeah I get the points but if the civilized human beings of UG could actually have a dignified conversation about a band it would be fun and interesting. You could learn a lot about a band also.

Percent of Civilized Being On UG:8%

That leaves 92% of UG to fuck around with a thread. That's why there is no vs. threads
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Metalology
̉
602 IQ
Because people end up taking part in useless arguments rather than intelligent debates.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Mad Marius
2,291 IQ
Because they're stupid and pointless.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Like people have said, they don't work, especially when people put things up like SOAD vs. Damien Rice. Ok, that one I haven't seen, but that is the kind of thing that people do start trying to do vs. threads with and there's absolutely no point as they're nothing alike.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic