Page 1 of 2
The Hurt Within
Preserving the name...
10,564 IQ
Post your comp ideas here, this is where the scoffing or beatific nature of the contest forums' users will be most apparent, when you have a resonable amount of blessed souls in tow, post the "sign-up" thread.

Where anyone willing to participate can put their name forward (first come/first serve)
and where the threadstarter shall outline the paremeters of the comp, like how many rounds/competitors etc.

Thats all, now try and get some originality into this forum!!

peACE
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
T.S.R.
Banned
530 IQ
what about a contest that people get to write two songs and then people vote on their better one. then all of the 'better ones' go into a larger comp of about 20 or so people. then people vote on their favorite person, the top 10 then have to write another song, and post it. then people vote on that song, then the TOP 5 write another, and the best song in the TOP 5 wins.

idk. i suck at making things up. but maybe about a day or so for people to vote on the songs in each round.
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
I posted this in the other thread:

well, i was just reading the moving pictures thread in the pit and i realized that that would be a very good comp (if it hasnt been done before). The comp would be me posting a picture and then everyone who enters would have two days from posting to write a poem based on it (with other various rules maybe, like only iambic pentameter or something) We would repeat the process 3 times, posting the entries in seperate threads based on the rounds and which picture they correspond to. i would then assign points to the 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners in each round and the person with the highest number of points in the end wins the comp. if that made any sense, would that be an alright idea for a comp?
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
HTa'ts been done before, a picture comp it was cool. mnus the various other rules that makes it too contricting i feel. IT was just like a small little bracket thing though. with only one picture. although i like your idea but i think it is far too complex/ involves too much commitment for people on UG. I would be up for it.
Can you see in the dark? Can you see the look on your face?
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
So uhm if i did another ten words comp would people sign up?
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
Quote by furtherfan21
It fell apart

Could we still have a May madness contest? I'd be willing to run it.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

falloutboy
Banned
272 IQ
how about we just have like. a compppp of all comps.
like we used to have?

like with 16-24 people where you can write about anything?
those were more exciting and might get more of a variety of people to join.
and we can make blake and mike and corey and them join.

or have another
veterans vs. newbiesss comp.
those are fun.
plus we will winnn.
veterans that is.
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
what is the term noob? like how long? because it doesn't see mthere are too many veterans around
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
well i mean the vets would be anyone who joined before Jan. and the noobs (i'm trying to find everyway to express the sentiment) are anyone who joined Jan-May
DanteR*
664 IQ
Quote by #1 synth
I dunno, i'd say before January 06

Do you mean that as in... are they noobs if they havent posted a piece before January 06 or do you mean if they joined UG before January 06?
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
are there that many S+L regulars that are 'old school' (from '02-'04)? If there are enough than thats great, i just used '06 as a cutoff because there didnt seem to be enough veterans
Final
i'manevenworsemess.
877 IQ
I could think of quite a few old schoolers, but they rarely post here anymore. But we'd totally convince them to get on up in this action. And if not, then we could work something else out. It doesn't even matter that much, either way it should be a nice comp.
#1 synth
Weeow!
7,350 IQ
what would be really cool is if you could get a bunch of the old school S+L frequenters (like non boxed) to sign up for just one more comp, It seems as though they were very good.
EpitaphMan440
UG's Mr.Engineer
1,031 IQ
Well, I'm an vet of the ol' UG forums, but relatively new to S&L. It's my new favorite place on the site. I use to frequent the Recording forum, but now I find satisfaction is both writing music, and lyrics.

I'd be up for a Vet Vs. New Blood comp. Sounds like fun.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Dämonschatten
Damn heathens...
43 IQ
Quote by furtherfan21
So uhm if i did another ten words comp would people sign up?

i would
Quote by HendrixEdge
My work will never be to the majority's tastes; and to be honest; I've no problem in accepting that.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.
pumpkins_rule
UG's Rap crusader
1,404 IQ
Would anyone be interested in a Limerick competition?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

falloutboy
Banned
272 IQ
newbs would be anyone in 05 or 06.
veterans would be 02-04.

that simpppple.

so like veterans we could try to get blake, mike, corey, keeno (do they still call you that idk), the hurt within, um. BJ(streetcarp I believe), and until it sleeps and me and blah we would think of more.
and newbies would be whoever they decide and we can just have a captain for the veterans and newbiessss.
Last edited by falloutboy at May 9, 2006,
The Hurt Within
Preserving the name...
10,564 IQ
Yeah even I'd break my comp celabacy for this one, although our circa attempts have sunk faster than the Titanic on FF. (its funny) so anyway yeah, im sure we could get enough vets, say a 6vs6?
HendrixEdge
absolute bastard(s)...
185 IQ
In all honesty; the description of ?veteran? and ?greenhorn? currently being considered; does little justice to this forum?s disparate population.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
The Hurt Within
Preserving the name...
10,564 IQ
I think you're underestimating the intercourse that will be promoted in such a comp. In truth I believe the opposite effect will prove to be the outcome. haha.
Final
i'manevenworsemess.
877 IQ
edit - Steve ruins my life.

Forget that.

One thing I just thought of..
how well will the voting work? I mean, this competition will be full of all the regulars, old and new, so are we supposed to do a trust thing and vote for the piece we really enjoyed more? Otherwise we'd end up with constant ties, since hardly anyone else votes in any of the competitions and teams will be biased and whatnot.

edit II - I love Steve more than anything.

End of post.
Last edited by Final at May 9, 2006,
The Hurt Within
Preserving the name...
10,564 IQ
^^ Ahhh man I take that to heart, i'd never wish that upon you.
HendrixEdge
absolute bastard(s)...
185 IQ
Quote by The Hurt Within
I think you're underestimating the intercourse that will be promoted in such a comp. In truth I believe the opposite effect will prove to be the outcome. haha.

Do you want to be Michelangelo? Or shall I bear his name.

Needless to say, we both know who the other will be.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
The Hurt Within
Preserving the name...
10,564 IQ
I wanna be shredder though

Ummm well I guess if all competitors were required to submit new material, aswell perhaps if the composers remain anonymous then that could be avoided.

edit: Final is your sig true? I hope thats due to age and not the general concensus of the population.
Last edited by The Hurt Within at May 9, 2006,
furtherfan21
Pride War
576 IQ
okay some of you older people on here, what was the Love comp and stuff. or the like... one with ht eweird title that starts with an E or something what were those comps and how were they run?

epistletary.. or something