kyle_katarn3
1,156 IQ
I realize i posted 2 threads right after the other, but this is something completely different.

So, im bandless and im not happy about it.

Im just wondering if anyone has ever had success with "Musician's Wanted" ads. I was thinking of practicing a lot this summer, and when i get back to school next year, putting some up within the first couple of weeks. Have these worked for anyone?
Quote by Macank
^^ strat? i want to get a stratocaster sound though!!

Fender Classic 60's Strat
Yamaha AES 720 (On the way!!!)
Ibanez GAX 30
Traynor YCV 40
Boss DS-1
EHX Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Ibanez CF-7
Ibanez DE-7
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
This is a weird story, but I posted something on here looking for a bassist, and I got a reply from a bass player.

So I got her in contact with my singer, and "she" turned out to be a pre-op transvestite.

All in good fun though, no-one got raped.
metal_fretter
Metallica rather rock!!
741 IQ
^^.........wow. iv put an ad in...... actauly id better cheack for replies.

oh
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
Trivium
Don't Listen to Me
1,076 IQ
It's possible.. I usually get more luck off of word of mouth. Just get word out in the local band scene that you're trying to start a band. Give a recording to some people who know some people lol. I sent a recording to a few friends of mine and within a week or two I've had different offers from 4 bands to play, so that's definatly a good option. No matter where you're at there are almost always people around that play an instrument that you don't know about, so just give it a shot, and hey if that doesn't work Musician Ad's could only help.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
duggyrocks
does not rock
3,321 IQ
Ive never tried it but it might work. It'd probably be better though if you got the word out to musicians of your taste. I found band members through school and bebo. Never got found to actualy gettin it together though.........
gtrfrk123
R.I.P. Syd Barrett
3,477 IQ
It would probally work. I tried them and didn't get what i wanted, so i looked harder in my area, and now i am in a band. I did find my drummer on www.drummerworld.com though.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
SavageNights
Xanned
112 IQ
Quote by Trivium
No matter where you're at there are almost always people around that play an instrument that you don't know about, so just give it a shot, and hey if that doesn't work Musician Ad's could only help.

Very true. Many people I know play the guitar, yet I never knew.

Quote by Dan Steinman
hmm... hit up a guitar store and ask the customers?

Never done it and hasn't happened to me but I can imagine it.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
StaggHound
AntIbanez
43 IQ
It's not as if it'd hurt to put out a musician wanted ad. If noone replies, all you've lost is time and a few sheets of paper. If people do reply, then you could gain a musician.
Caressing Death
Virtuoso in training
1,176 IQ
A little of the topic but when me and my band made our ad for a singer we said:
Singer wanted for metal band.
Must be male or female
Between the ages of 13-20
95% of Irish blackurrents go into Ribena
contact us on (blah blah blah...)
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you