.:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
UG's Garfield Addict
1,606 IQ
I'm in a band and I do lead vocals and guitar/bass, we've got a gig coming up soon and there's a girl I really like. I thought maybe I could play a song for her at the gig, we play mostly punk and a little ska.
any ideas for a song?

thanks
Bossman123
Elmo knowa where you live
2,022 IQ
Teenage dirtbag by Wheatus or Girl all the Bad guys want by Bowling 4 soup or i suppose the bowling 4 soup version of Summer of 69
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
^ none of those bands or sones are punk.

I wanna be your boyfriend by the Ramones.
wellthen
registered sex offender
99 IQ
i know it really isnt that punk a song but try "please take me home by blink 182" it is rather fast and kinda goes with trying to pick up a girl and its off the take off your pants and jacket album
My gear:
Tom Delonge squire strat
fender princeton 650
danelectric p.o.s. peddle
Bossman123
Elmo knowa where you live
2,022 IQ
Ya, i gues ur rite about dat, but dats wat most ppl consider to be punk now. By the way u cant spell songs HAHA
socialtool
Bored with Sex
171 IQ
Well if you play mostly punk and ska, then odds are you can indulge in the more pop punk bands. There's a song by The Queers, It's called "I wanna Know" it's a pretty cool song for a girl, it's upbeat, and peppy.

There's Judy is a Punk by the Ramones. or Tamara is a punk by The Queers, if she's a punk girl. Or Lover's Rock by THe Clash. I mean ask what she's into and do a song from one of her favorite bands
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
IHeartAsianGals
Banned
10 IQ
lovers rock from the clash is a great song.. also gives you a chance to *excuse the gayness* kneel and kiss her.. what could be better than music and tang at the same time?
Forcemaster
874 IQ
Quote by Bossman123
Ya, i gues ur rite about dat, but dats wat most ppl consider to be punk now. By the way u cant spell songs HAHA

You can't spell "Guess, Your, Right, that, that's, what, people, you" I think he beats you at spelling.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
StaggHound
AntIbanez
43 IQ
Quote by IHeartAsianGals
lovers rock from the clash is a great song.. also gives you a chance to *excuse the gayness* kneel and kiss her.. what could be better than music and tang at the same time?

If you think kissing a girl is getting poontang, then you're horribly, horribly misinformed.
Ifoughtthelaw42
297 IQ
I wanna be your boyfriend, oh oh i love her so, Do you wanna dance: all by the Ramones.
~~cemetary~~
rabid silverchair fan
147 IQ
you can do any songs just change the words a little unless it alters the song horribly
can I worship you now? girls with hawks are fucking sexy.

as someone earlier in this thread said, go with one bat. HWAT.

I love you.
MikeLikes2Rock
KIDS IN A SANDBOX
279 IQ
I'd probably end up playing Angel by The Adicts. That's just me though =]
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
GarageGuitarist
The Musical Ninja
1,011 IQ
Another way to go is sacrifice the relevancy of the song for the overall impressiveness (throw in a nice solo or something). I dunno. It's probably better to go with a relevant song, but there's another option. And if you do this, the song should still have SOME relevancy.

Or, try "Infected" by Bad Religion.

And start with, "This next song is dedicated to the (insert complimentary adjective here) girl I know, (insert girl's name here)."

Hahaha. Do that, man. Go all 'rockstar.'
Last edited by GarageGuitarist at Apr 30, 2006,
Caressing Death
Virtuoso in training
1,176 IQ
Quote by Forcemaster
You can't spell "Guess, Your, Right, that, that's, what, people, you" I think he beats you at spelling.

You're actually.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
wellthen
registered sex offender
99 IQ
Quote by Caressing Death
You're actually.

YES!!!!
My gear:
Tom Delonge squire strat
fender princeton 650
danelectric p.o.s. peddle
mr. cool
welcometothefray
2,147 IQ
oh oh i got one do the save ferris version of come on eilieen its up beat and its ska and sounds way good and if her name is two syllables you could be like

"come on judy (or whatever her name is) i swear what i mean, at this moment you mean every thing to me"
StaggHound
AntIbanez
43 IQ
There's also "Ever Fallen In Love (with someone you shouldn't've)?" by The Buzzcocks.