pearlJam_31490
1,486 IQ
Like the title says who do u think are the most Over Rated guitarist and the most under rated Guitarist. Any Genre.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
inbloom27
The Music Theory Geek
648 IQ
over rated - John P. of dream theatre (don't flame me), i'm not just a big fan of dream theatre

under rated - George Harrison of the Beatles. Most kids today, yes i am a kid but i love him, dont really listen to the beatles and have no clue how good of a guitarist he is.
pearlJam_31490
1,486 IQ
I would say that Overrated is Buckethead mainly because he has no creative wave link at all and because he completly ****s up all the GNR songs with the new GNR.

Underrated would have to be Steve Vai. i no that almost everybody has heard of him and think he is ok but i have seen him play some **** like little wing and so on to a tee. and i havent heard one bad guitar solo or song for that matter from him.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
pearlJam_31490
1,486 IQ
oh and i second that kirk hammet is over rated and if u dont agree watch the SKOM dvd where james shows him a diiferent way of playing some kind of monster.(with 16th notes) and it takes him forever to learn it
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
This gets done so often.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic