Trapman870
Forever Learning
325 IQ
Hey, I have a version of Taxman by SRV, does anyone know if it is on any sort of album that he released? I'd like to get my hands on a copy of it if there is one. Thanks.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Hmm.. dunno

I just posted cause I wanted to say that the Harrison/Clapton version of Taxman is f*cking AWESOME

ok.. I'm done now
mike26
Fender Strat Lover
11 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
I just posted cause I wanted to say that the Harrison/Clapton version of Taxman is f*cking AWESOME

Is that the one from the Live in Japan album? If so, then I agree. Thats an amazing version.
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
Its on this album

Greatest Hits

Never heard it but looks like im gonna have to go buy the album.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
VR2005
UG Addict
1,507 IQ
It was done for the collection of beatles songs Michael Jackson was going to do and someone suggested that SRV & Double Trouble do Taxman and they recorded it. I honestly don't know if MJ came out with that collection of songs but you know he's a little strange in the head so who knows.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
INDUSTRIALMETAL
What is that noise?
133 IQ
I believe that Beatles thing was held from shelves, but the song does make an apperance on the Greatest Hits album.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
TGM
Transistor Tubes
238 IQ
^ Yeah, the song was never realeased except for on the Greatest Hits.

Here's some more trivia: when first asked to do the cover they tried to do it in a more Beatles style, when that didn't wokr for them they said screw it, and they did it all SRV. Good thing too.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
dr_john
yer blues
278 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Hmm.. dunno

ok.. I'm done now

do you mean the original beatles version on revolver? if so that wasn't clapton, in fact i believe that the lead guitar was played by mccartney. sorry to be an anorak!

i would like to hear SRV's version, didn't know about that. another great version is by tom petty and the heartbreakers on the harrison memorial concert dvd.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Quote by dr_john
do you mean the original beatles version on revolver? if so that wasn't clapton, in fact i believe that the lead guitar was played by mccartney. sorry to be an anorak!

i would like to hear SRV's version, didn't know about that. another great version is by tom petty and the heartbreakers on the harrison memorial concert dvd.

No, the version I'm talking about is from a concert. I remember one night I couldnt sleep, so I put on VH1 classic at 3 am. After a few crappy videos, they played a video from a George Harrison concert with him performing Taxman on a nice Telecaster, with Clapton on lead guitar. I dont remember what concert it was from. But I know the song was Taxman, and I know it was Clapton on lead.
dr_john
yer blues
278 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
No, the version I'm talking about is from a concert. I remember one night I couldnt sleep, so I put on VH1 classic at 3 am. After a few crappy videos, they played a video from a George Harrison concert with him performing Taxman on a nice Telecaster, with Clapton on lead guitar. I dont remember what concert it was from. But I know the song was Taxman, and I know it was Clapton on lead.

wow that must have been cool. another version to check out.

anyone any ideas which concert?

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix