Page 2 of 88
The song Earth Day by them is AMAZING, the first few seconds sounds like it should coem from an epic end-of-the-world movie like War of the Worlds or something.
Earth Day is such a perfect example of his use of atmosphere. Another thing I really like about Dev is, even in his longest songs, he retains a feeling of familiarity throughout, the song never goes into a complete change, but a the same time he keeps it interesting. 'Deadhead' is the perfect example of that.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I'm thinking of going for Synchestra.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
The album

"Ziltoid the Omniscient" is completely awesome
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
I personally love anything that comes from Devin Townsend

Long live DEVY METAL !!
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
I was watching some SYL vids the other day, and just seeing Devin makes me want to marry him haha. He has the best ****ing lines on stage.

"The only bad thing about this wind ladies and gentlemen, is it is making the 16 individual strands of hair on my head go ****ing crazy!"

"You love us!? You really really love us....*crowd cheers* How unfortunate for your sence of taste. Oh, I think I just roasted ourselves. Well, anyway, why does no one want to come into the middle?! I mean, its so empty. Is that the space reserved for the people in the yellow shirts? *points at sercurity* Very nice gentlemen, very nice. Ok, shut up, we're gonna seranade you. Oh and nice sombero dude, full ****ing metal."
*starts playing Polyphony*

ZILTOID!

"I'll give you five earth minutes to bring me this universe's greatest cup of coffee. Black. Make it Perfect."

Ziltoid is awesome, as I expected.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by flying_phoenix
^ has the album leaked or something? I thought it wasn't out until May.

Yes, It leaked around Friday.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

yeah years later i still think Storm is one of the best songs in existence
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Quote by reed

Lol, i've got some of it tabbed out in GP.

Great song, from what might be my favourite Dev album.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by reed

What album is it from?

Quote by Vanquish
Yes, It leaked around Friday.

Oh gay, i'm going to have to buy the album, and there's all these people coming in their pants over it now.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
PHHOOEEEEEYYY!

its such a brilliant album in so many ways
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
^^Storm is on Accelerated Evolution.

I'm buying Ziltoid when it comes out, it'll have a bonus DVD apparently.

And the soloing in Ziltoid Attaxx! are fucking insane.
LAMMERGEIER
this is like really stupid probly wrong place to ask but who cares. Is devin related to pete townsend?
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
I think I like SYL more than Devin Townsend Band but they are still ****ing great. I'm gonna have to check out that new album. Its not like I buy albums anyway, might as well download it before its out.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Ziltoid is amazing, downloaded yesterday. Fav. tracks so far are Solar Winds, Ziltoid Attaxx!!!, and The Grey. Oh, and Storm is amazing, but Canada keeps it's place as my fav. DTB track, Storm coming in around third. Canada is an awesome song, just for that part around 3:00.
"Ziltoid! AAAAAAARRRRGH! ZILTOOOIID! OOHH AWWW OOH ZILTOID!"
I love it already.

"You have no convinced mighty Ziltoid. I am so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be both!"

HAHAHAHAH!
Last edited by Magero at Apr 17, 2007,
Quote by Dyer's Eve
^^Storm is on Accelerated Evolution.

I'm buying Ziltoid when it comes out, it'll have a bonus DVD apparently.

And the soloing in Ziltoid Attaxx! are fucking insane.

Ziltoidia Attaxx!!

Anyway, I also love any DTB album.
Never post that again. Ever. Ever.

Seriously. This shit...is going to drive me crazy.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Accelerated Evolution is my favorite out of the three I have so far from Devin. I need more, his solo work is genius.
Is Ziltoid out yet? I torrented it awhile back and was wondering if I could buy it anywhere...
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by Dyer's Eve

wow that sucks bad. but Devin is mid 30's? I thought he was atleast 40 judging from the skullet.

atleast he will continue to make music. SYL is one of my favorite bands sad to see them break up.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Frankly, I'm not too saddened by the breakup of SYL. I mean, everybody knows "The New Black" sucked balls.

2008 EDIT: I was very wrong. All the albums were awesome.

Now the breakup of DTB is kinda saddening.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Sep 9, 2008,
^ TNB sucked balls? News to me. Sub par, for sure, but it was far from worthless. Not to mention, Synchestra was released as the DTB counterpart, and that was some his best work in his career thus far (in my opinion).
I thought the last 3 tracks on The New Black was some of the best shit Dev has ever dedicated to CD. He's never made a bad album as far as I know.
LAMMERGEIER
Wow this thread is great, having only got into TDTB in the last few days i can officially say that its beyond awesome, everything about it is just so good. On the subject of SYL's breakup, although i would have loved to have seen them i always felt there was something slightly missing from SYL, luckily i have found that with TDTB
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Frankly, I'm not too saddened by the breakup of SYL. I mean, everybody knows "The New Black" sucked balls.

Now the breakup of DTB is kinda saddening.

lol? I take it you didn't listen to it then? "The New Black" wasn't as good as "City" for sure but it was still really ****ing good. 'Far Beyond Metal' is probably one of my favorite SYL songs ever, even before TNB when, back in '98 off "No Sleep 'Til Bedtime"... now hush noob.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
lol? I take it you didn't listen to it then? "The New Black" wasn't as good as "City" for sure but it was still really ****ing good. 'Far Beyond Metal' is probably one of my favorite SYL songs ever, even before TNB when, back in '98 off "No Sleep 'Til Bedtime"... now hush noob.

Sorry, I didn't really mean it sucked balls compared to every other metal album out there, I mean compared to all the other SYL/DTB albums.
Quote by ratm_basssolger
Will he still make albums with this band after the break up?

He'll make Devin Townsend albums (Like Ziltoid), but not DTB or SYL albums.
Well I'm pissed off!

In the Vampira film clip, in the last shot of the comic book, I was sure it said 'The vampire feasts... ...on souls... ...and sausages... Madness!!' but when I paused it, I discovered it said '...and causes... madness'.

Grrr. I'm very dissapointed in you, Devy.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY