Page 4 of 88
Quick question, kind of related to DTB: I just got my CDs from HDR and in the package with them is a small piece of headed note paper that says "Thanks", has my name and a smily face on it, does anyone have any idea who might have written this?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Gene Hoglan, obviously.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Question...

After searching for it, where did the SYL thread go?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Into Gene Hoglan.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Question...

After searching for it, where did the SYL thread go?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268108&highlight=strapping+young+lad

There you go

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
What the hell

When I searched for it I only got threads asking if people liked SYL...

*sigh*

And, if it went into Gene, Slarti, how will we find it?

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
What the hell

When I searched for it I only got threads asking if people liked SYL...

*sigh*

Meh, I searched for "Strapping Young Lad" and it was still half way down the page...and this forum needs a shrug smiley...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

We do not.

We mourn.

But, the loss is...too...great...

Quote by eggsandham2
We shall rebuild anew. For the sake of future generations to come in the following years AKA the future, we must.
I find that Dev's solo stuff is far deeper and more immersive than SYL. But both do amazingly with their seperate intents.

I definitely find myself more often in the mood for DTB then SYL though.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I know exactly what you mean, dude. Although I do enjoy The Lad, I find myself just zoning out to DTB songs. I don't know how it took me so long to get into them - it's such awesome music; I'm absolutely loving it.
*goes for his weekly search for Devy news*

Okay guys:
The new album is called "Ki" and it's about nature.

Devy has said quite a bit about how the new album sounds but he's confusing me with his humour. Apparently, it's heavy, dark, weird and devastating... yet mostly clean guitar tones.
I heard Earth Day on last.fm radio for the 2nd time since about 3 years. And I can finally appreciate Devin's music. It's very spaced out and atmospheric. First, it can be very calm and then it can quickly pick up to a loud, aggressive chorus. So I heard the rest of Terria and it's pretty damn nice, I must say. And since there's quite a lot of love for the Dev going around, I thought I might as well see what's the deal about his discography. Speaking of which, why don't I see the SYL/Devin threads on the first page anymore?

What's a good place to go after Terria? I heard Synchestra once or twice and didn't really get into it that much around 2 years ago, but I don't remember much from it other than Vampira/Vampolka.
I've found Jesus
^Ocean Machine is an amazing cd, get that one. Ziltoid the Omniscient is also a damn good buy. If you want some of the more traditional Devin Townsend material, get Ocean Machine. If you want something heavy and lighthearted, go with Ziltoid the Omniscient.
Quote by Contraband
I heard Earth Day on last.fm radio for the 2nd time since about 3 years. And I can finally appreciate Devin's music. It's very spaced out and atmospheric. First, it can be very calm and then it can quickly pick up to a loud, aggressive chorus. So I heard the rest of Terria and it's pretty damn nice, I must say. And since there's quite a lot of love for the Dev going around, I thought I might as well see what's the deal about his discography. Speaking of which, why don't I see the SYL/Devin threads on the first page anymore?

What's a good place to go after Terria? I heard Synchestra once or twice and didn't really get into it that much around 2 years ago, but I don't remember much from it other than Vampira/Vampolka.

I would definitely give Synchestra another listen at some point, I was underwhelmed with it at first as well, but after really absorbing the songs, it really opens up. From Gaia forward is the best part of the album, its just hard to get there with a fresh look because the album is so damn long. But like madbasslover said, Ocean Machine is a must listen, and after that I like Accelerated Evolution.
Quote by Contraband

GET ACCELERATED EVOLUTION.

Now.

And then get all his other **** later.
Quote by RedDeath9
GET ACCELERATED EVOLUTION.

Now.

And then get all his other **** later.

For the sake of all that is holy, listen to this man.
Anything with the name Devin Townsend on the cover is a safe purchase.

Accelerated Evolution is the album that really helped me click with DTB, so that'd be a good bet. But my fave, outside of Terria is Ocean Machine.

Each album has it's own personality, it's what I love about his solo stuff, you can be sure you won't get the same album twice.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Boouuummmm
buuUM ticka ticka buum ticka
buuUm ticka ticka bOooom
Aww yeah baby
Buuum ticka ticka buuUum ticka
buuUm ticka ticka bOOoom
BADA BAP DA BAP
BADA BAP DA BAP
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
i dont know if this is old or not but some good news! ive just read the insideout newsletter which contained the following

DEVIN TOWNSEND
Devin Townsend is working on a new album for Insideout. We have no final information by now if this will be a band album or a solo album.

woooo
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Hm...
Interesting.
Anyway, yeah, he's been working on it for ages. It's called "Ki" and has no vocals apparently. It's a metal symphony from what I've read.
How can you not have heard of InsideOut? It's pretty much the ultimate Prog label. Evergrey, Symphony X, Ayreon, Spiritual Beggars, Riverside, Pain of Salvation etc.

They have quite the roster.
LAMMERGEIER
I read something a while back which made me buzz. Obviously you guys missed it.

He said there was the possibility of a couple of shows to promote Ki.

I love this guy. I've never heard as atmospheric music in all my life. I have Terria and Accelerated Evolution. I need to get me Ocean Machine

Any idea of release dates for Ki?
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
So, do we just discuss DTB releases here? Or Devin Townsend releases, too?

Either way, Devin's my dad, not really, but I wish he was. Synchestra, Terria, and ZTO are amazing albums, as well as SYL's albums.
Quote by Tehzekester
So, do we just discuss DTB releases here? Or Devin Townsend releases, too?

Either way, Devin's my dad, not really, but I wish he was. Synchestra, Terria, and ZTO are amazing albums, as well as SYL's albums.

I say both. Devin said that he has spent almost as much time on the new album 'ki' than he did on ocean machine. It should be fantastical!

Has anyone else heard Project Eko? i only listened to it the other day even though im a devy fanboy, its pretty cool.
UPDATE
"

Ok...update. :|

There's two albums. One is an EP.

The first album is called 'Ki' and has 14 songs.

A Monday
Coast
Disruptr
Gato Negro
(Purge)tory
Stand
Waveform
Heavens End
Dinosaurs!
Lady Helen
Ki
Addicted
Quiet Riot
Demon League

It's not a band thing. It's the 'me' show, starring...me. I had talked to both Gene and Ryan about the drums, but decided in the end to go with someone totally different, style wise as well as scene wise. The dude's name is Duris Maxwell.

Ki has a bit of everything... a real purge. Complete 72 minute disk.

The EP has been written at the same time and is just an absolute chaotic bizzare alien head**** called 'Deconstruction Of A Cheeseburger' and is primarily electronic and guitar / Orchestra orieneted. (no drummer, not DFH tho...) I'm trying to get a grant to use a real orchestra and choir. It's ****ed and awesome. Based on Karl Jungs collective unconcious and how anything (a cheeseburger?) can be traced back to the source. It will probably be released on the web. We're about to start working on a new site.

Been designing amps and guitars with dudes. I'll let the cat out of the bag soon. Some cool stuff is on the horizon.

No more producing for a while :tongue:

Filming the whole process for a bonus disk, (editing myself with Final Cut express...ugly bastard) ...taught by the Meatball.

Getting PT8 next week.

I'll get you more info soon.'

"
Sounds absolutely amazing.

Deconstruction of a Cheeseburger? Orchestral and Electronic with Guitar? Only Devin Townsend.

I'm interested in seeing what he's been designing, though.