Page 5 of 88
It's good to see that he keeps busy and didn't completely disconnect himself from the music world. I am looking forward to hear both projects.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Again, I seriously can't wait for this. This Duris Maxwell bloke's a jazz drummer, Google informs me... this will be interesting.

Also, do I hear Devy signature amp/guitar? Right, time to start saving up.
Quote by webbtje

AWESOME!

*has £1000 saved*

I was gonna spend it just after Christmas but I think I should wait now
Quote by webbtje
Again, I seriously can't wait for this. This Duris Maxwell bloke's a jazz drummer, Google informs me... this will be interesting.

/swoon.
I really hope he gets that grand for the orchestra, I think he could work wonders with one.
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Quote by Magero
*epic guitar*

Oh. My. God.

I am going to buy that and get it set up in Open C.

And did I read something in this thread about possible shows in support of Ki?

I LOVE BEING CANADIAN!!!
Open C on a seven string? How come that guitar is seven strings, doesn't he use six?

because they're free

Quote by djurico666
Oh. My. God.

I am going to buy that and get it set up in Open C.

And did I read something in this thread about possible shows in support of Ki?

I LOVE BEING CANADIAN!!!

That's not his sig guitar, that's a Horizon 7

But damn you lucky Canucks for getting shows

Quote by con job
Open C on a seven string? How come that guitar is seven strings, doesn't he use six?

On The New Black he used a 7 string tuned to GCGCGCE.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
That's not his sig guitar, that's a Horizon 7

But damn you lucky Canucks for getting shows

On The New Black he used a 7 string tuned to GCGCGCE.

And here I was getting all excited. Still a nice guitar though. I might get it anyway. Cheap tuition for my third year in college + high paying summer job = guitar buying.

And yeah. Damn us Canucks.
That's not his official signature, but that is the exact guitar he used for the Alien tour and onwards until SYL broke up.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
^Deadhead is one of the most absorbing songs i've ever listened to.

It's the album that clicked me onto his solo material.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve

+infinity

It gives me shivers listening to it
The middle section in Deep Peace is brilliant. I love the whole vibe of the first 5 songs on terria. I think it goes down hill after that though.
Quote by Dyer's Eve

Agreed, and same here. That and Bastard are two of my favorites.

And that 7-string is the nicest one I've ever seen, period. It is one of my must-have guitars that I will at some point buy, if I can ever find one.
Quote by Dyer's Eve

Oh my god, that song.....

I can't describe how I feel when that song kicks in proper....so ****ing intense, I never tire of it.

because they're free

Quote by Delanoir
Agreed, and same here. That and Bastard are two of my favorites.

And that 7-string is the nicest one I've ever seen, period. It is one of my must-have guitars that I will at some point buy, if I can ever find one.

Devy's gonna sell his Horizon, buy it from him if you want

Quote by djurico666
Does anyone know if sheet music for the vocal part of Storm exists?

None of the Guitar Pro tabs on UG have the vocal parts on them
Damn. I guess I'll just have to get my vocal teacher to help me transcribe it by ear or something.

And WHAT!?!? I could buy The Devs guitar? Curse my lack of money. Curse it.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Devy's gonna sell his Horizon, buy it from him if you want
(

I don't know man.

That'd be like bagging Angelina Jolie after Brad Pitt getting rid of her. No matter how much fun I had, I'd always know who had been there before me. I can't compete with that.
Quote by Delanoir
I don't know man.

That'd be like bagging Angelina Jolie after Brad Pitt getting rid of her. No matter how much fun I had, I'd always know who had been there before me. I can't compete with that.

That's a good point.

*puts money away*

hahaha i couldnt have said it better^
for he's a jolly good fellow,

all these updates kinda made my day =)

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Quick question, kind of related to DTB: I just got my CDs from HDR and in the package with them is a small piece of headed note paper that says "Thanks", has my name and a smily face on it, does anyone have any idea who might have written this?

i believe his wife does that
Last edited by theshroomman at Jan 28, 2009,

Had to be done.

By the way guys, Devy posted the logo for DTP (Devin Townsend Project) yesterday. I don't know why, but I much, much prefer this to the old one. Sorry it's a bit big.

I like the use of the infinity symbol in this. Suggests Devy has way, way more in the bag than we thought. He's not retiring for a while yet.
Last edited by webbtje at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by webbtje
[
I like the use of the infinity symbol in this. Suggests Devy has way, way more in the bag than we thought. He's not retiring for a while yet.

He did mention that he had a bunch of projects on the go besides Ki when I met him a NAMM.

That is such a sweet logo.
What a lucky man you are.

And could you guys recommend me a DTB album? I love Strapping but Ive never got into DTB or Devin Townsend.
Quote by djurico666
He did mention that he had a bunch of projects on the go besides Ki when I met him a NAMM.

That is such a sweet logo.

What? You mean Winter NAMM that just happened?!

Did you go and watch him do his demonstration?

CTHEDIT:
Quote by GBcommander

And could you guys recommend me a DTB album? I love Strapping but Ive never got into DTB or Devin Townsend.

Depends what sort of stuff you like, his material varies in style quite a lot (but is all very good).

But I'd say to start with, check out his first album, Ocean Machine and Accelerated Evolution.
Last edited by UncleCthulhu at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by GBcommander

I'd recommed either Physicist or Acelerated Evolution
If my post didn't make any sense it's because it wasn't suppose to.
Yes I know my username sucks and no I don't like Nirvana
Quote by GBcommander

Acelerated Evolution.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by GBcommander

If you're completely unfamiliar with his solo material, Physicist might be good for a transition. Otherwise my suggestion is Ocean Machine.
Accelerated Evolution is about as good a starting point as you can get with Dev.

Terria is my personal favourite though.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Accelerated Evolution is about as good a starting point as you can get with Dev.

Terria is my personal favourite though.

I need to get Terria.

Actually, I need to get lots of his cds. I only have Ocean Machine and Ziltoid the Omniscient.
Quote by madbasslover
You freaking met him?!

Yes I did. I have a picture of the meeting too. It'll be posted eventually.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
What? You mean Winter NAMM that just happened?!

Did you go and watch him do his demonstration?

Yup. School trip for my music business course. And I met him when he did a signing at Peavy.
Quote by webbtje
He gone back to Peavey?

Yup, Peavey amps and Peavey guitars.

He's getting a custom amp made, apparently it's more british voiced than californian, so his guitar sound's gonna be pretty different for the new stuff.
I bought Synchestra and Physicist over the Christmas.

Synchestra's amazing, some absolutely epic tracks on it (Notes From Africa, Gaia, Triumph). I'm not crazy about Physicist, but I still like it. One thing I will say about it...Planet Rain has one of the most intense, beautiful sections of music I've ever heard (4:08)

because they're free

So it's going to be more Marshall than Mesa?

That's, like... the complete opposite to the tones he's always used. Wasn't using a strat for a lot of DTB stuff enough? I'll be interested to know what he does with it.