Page 1 of 2
I was wondering what good bands have dualing guitar solos. Because me and my friend want to solo together.
Quote by rockon1824
the avenged sevenfold solo for bat country has a dual guitar part

A lot of A7X songs have dualing guitars. That band is amazing. They are very very talented.
Megadeth, something like "hangar 18"(in that song they switch back and forth between the solos, kinda like a duel, atleast to me). and lots of Maiden.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Megadeth - Hangar 18

Slayer - Angel of Death.

Both are pretty technical, so make sure you're up to it.
Joe Walsh + Don Felder = The Eagles, Hotel California solo is a split and then an ending duet, Already gone is a duet, the list keeps going...
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
metallica
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
metallica

I slap you! You didn't even leave an example!
Metallica rarely have dueling gutiar solos? as they hardly ever play the same thing together.
What songs do they have o.O?
Trivium but good luck playing that...
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
TRIVIUM<--- they have amazing dueling guitar solos!!!!

edit: damn you beat me to trivium lol
Well Enough Alone
Imo - Bloc Party have great dual guitaring, some of their songs they play (what I call it) Guitar Tennis, one guy plays one bit, the other guy answers with another bit, check it out - Album is called Silent Alarm, worth buying!
Quote by CraigKing
Metallica rarely have dueling gutiar solos? as they hardly ever play the same thing together.

The only one that I can think of is For Whom The Bell Tolls.
what do you think about the fade in black interlude and de harmonised interlude in MOP

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
three words. children.......of........bodom. once again, good luck. make sure you post the results!
Quote by CraigKing

End of Master of Puppets comes to mind.
metallica
Later in the evenin, as you lie awake in bed, hear the echoes of the amplifiers ringin' in your head, smoke the days last cigarette rememberin' what she said...
avenged sevenfold is mostly harmonized on all songs. all the main riffs are usually dual. they only have 2 guitarists, but record 3 tracks. you know?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Yeah, I do that too. Then I have to condense 4 or 5 guitar tracks down into one so's I can play live

Stupid me
1: let me make it clear that Trivium are ****e.

2: if you still looking for hard metal LIKE trivium, ide go for Slayer,those cats was FAST AS LIGHTNING!
Queensryche!
"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipcream" - Frank Zappa
Page 1 of 2