I am going to be getting 2 humbuckers for my strat soon and i am gunna keep the single coil in the middle for cleans/50 and 60s rock. I heard that it is reverse wound thats what make it so it can go in potion 2 and 4 without as much humming. If i want to use the middle single coil without the other single coils should i change the pickup to a non reverse wound one. and hows does a reverse wound pickup change the soudn whats the difference. thanks
Keep the reverse wound one. It doesnt change the sound at all. It just acts like a humbucker to cancel out the hum when combined with other pickups.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
ok thats good news. are sure though cus i heard somewhere that it has a different tone if there reverse?
Quote by ShutDown785
Keep the reverse wound one. It doesnt change the sound at all. It just acts like a humbucker to cancel out the hum when combined with other pickups.

It loses some of the quack in the middle position, very common in 50's rock and roll. And used alot in blues.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
so if i had a normal wound pup in the middle it would have quack if thats whats ur saying?
Yeh but it really isn't that noticable. I would go with reverse wound, just because a regular wound middle would be pretty damn noisy.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
hu??? I am goign to be playing it with out other single coils to go with it. If reverse was always less noisey would they make them all reverse. Wouldnt it be the same noisyness when its used without other singles accompanying
Quote by Rocker8822
hu??? I am goign to be playing it with out other single coils to go with it. If reverse was always less noisey would they make them all reverse. Wouldnt it be the same noisyness when its used without other singles accompanying

O you have h/s/h sorry. And they don't do all reverse wound because then you would get more of a humbucker effect than a true single coil sound.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall