Day 1

Okay, so my dad and I left for coachella around 10:45 AM. Not knowing where exactly to go, we got stuck in the traffic to get in. We eventually got out of the car at around 1:30 PM (we stopped for food). We walked out and had a good look around.

We went to the Sahara tent and saw Nine Black Alps.

After we saw the Zutons so that we could get good seats for Animal Collective

The Zutons:

My dad liked them a lot, and bought a CD at the mini-virgin mega store.

We got real close to AC. I can't say my dad was excited by it.

Animal Collective:
[

They were really awsome to watch live. Very cool to see the noise transitions between songs. One of my favorites of both days.

After that we headed over to the Gobi Tent to see some Deerhoof.

They were fun to watch. Satomi fucking rocks.

VIDEO'S ARE COMING. I NEED TO UPLOAD THEM ON YOU TUBE.
After they finished we went over to the Main stage where Kanye was playing. We wanted to go to the mainstage because we wanted to be able to get close for Sigur Ros and Depeche Mode.

He was funny. He said "this is the only time all you white people get to say nigger" and started singing Gold Digger.

Whe he was done we got to get closer to se Sigur Ros.

They weren't that great. Not as good as everyone says. They were having some sound problems too. There seemed to be some tension between the guitaris and bassist. However, I've been told they weren't at their best that day.

Franz Ferdinand came next.

They put on an energetic show. They actually talked to the audience. That was nice.

When they finished up, the crowd started pushing forward. We literally couldn't move. We were burried in a sea of people and decided "eh, we don't even like Depeche mode that much" and we left, and watched them from the big screen.

Picture of the big screen...Only good one I got
Day 2

We got there much faster, we took a back road and got there in about half the time (for the traffic part).

First since there wasn't anyone I really wanted to see at the moment I went to go see Ted Leo and the Pharmacists so I could take some pictures for my sister.

After that we went and got into the crowd at the mainstage so we could see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and (at the time) Tool.

The Magic Numbers were there, but I didn't take pictures of them. They were okay. They all looked the same, too.

Matisyahu went up and was pretty cool. He did an awsome beatbox, which I wasn't quick enough to get on tape.

Sleater Kinney came up next. They put on a pretty good show. Not great. None of the people cared about them, they were all waiting for Tool.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs came. The crowd wasn't into it so much because they were all Tool fans. They were awsome though. Best performance of the fest.

Karen was great. She put the mic in her mouth for Art Star. Even the tool fans had to applaude that.

After they were over (8:00) there was an hour wait of no one, then Massive attack and then Tool at 11:00. It was ridiculous how much everyone pushed 3 hours before Tool was even there. Again we said screw it, and left. We could always watch them on the big screen.

My dad wanted to see some madonna. It was packed so we watched a little on the screen. Some of the pics look like we are really close though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/xxeellaa/Coachella/CoachellaDay2117.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/xxeellaa/Coachella/CoachellaDay2118.jpg

After Madonna we hung out by Mogwai. We were very tired after standing for about 3 and half hours in the Main stage. I didn't get any pictures of them. The music was good.

After that we went and watched the end of Massive attack from far away. They sucked in my opinion.

Tool was gonna start. And how lame was this? They didn't put them on the big screen! They put a bunch of crappy graphics up! The kind you see on itunes visualizers. It was cool when they played the Stinkfist video when they played the song. But the rest was really lame. I wanted to see them.

...But I was happy with everything else I got to see that day. I was so glad to go. It was an awsome but very very tiring experience. If you get the chance to go, do it.

VIDEO'S ARE COMING. I NEED TO UPLOAD THEM ALL ON YOUTUBE.
Awesome!

It sounds to me that you had a great time. I must say the line up is/was superb.

I love t he Zutons, local band for me. Theyre great stuff. Did you not find their accents funny?

HAHAH

i could go on

but yeah

i wish i went.
I went also. Left Friday about noon from Phoenix and got there 5-6ish. Set up camp at the onsite campgrounds. Ate some food, got drunk and high(first time I've smoked in years) and had a good first night.

Saturday we woke up at 7A.M because the sun baked the tent. Sat around for a couple hours, ate, took a shower. Went over to the festival around noon and watched a few bands. We found some shade and slept until 4:30. Went to see Kayne's set. It was pretty good, I don't even like rap and I enjoyed it.

Sigor Ros was absolutely horrid imo, couldn't tell the difference between songs and I don't like how they made up a 'gibberish' language for them. High pitched moans more like it. The guitarist used a bow throughout the set which got old real quick.

Franz Ferdinand, I've never really listened to them but they put on a really good show and I enjoyed it alot.
Depeche Mode put on an awesome show too, by the time they did the 3 encore songs I was dead beat and wished they would just stop though.

Sunday we woke up at 7am again, took a shower and drove to town, ate at jack in the box and got some food and water from Ralphs. Went back to the campground and loaded up the backpack.

Left for the festival at 11 so we could get in quickly, Sunday was all about Tool.
I slept for 2-3 hours and missed a few bands, Matisyahu was good, the beat boxing thing was pretty cool but I have some of the exact stuff he did during it.
Sleater Kinney was alright, the drummer was halfway decent and it was a good show watching her get pissed off at the mic because the stand wouldn't hold.

The Yeah yeah yeahs came, I had never really listened to them but had heard good things so I was looking forward to it. They were alright, I wasn't too impressed by them, and I personally thought the mic in the mouth thing was retarded. I've seen bands I actually listen to do that and still thought it was retarded.

The hour wait for Massive Attack was grueling, I had never even heard of them and no one around me had either. When they started playing I was really disappointed, it wasn't a Massive Attack at all. You could tell when they changed songs though, because they had a different singer for every single one. The lighting they did was awesome, but the anti-Iraq propaganda they scrolled on the back was retarded and made up.

Then the wait for Tool, by this time we had been in the same spot for almost 12 hours, we were exhausted. They came on stage and went into Stinkfist, it sounded perfect. They all did their own thing amazingly. The backdrop was pretty cool, what they showed on the screens were a very nice touch. I know I wouldn't have liked the screens so much if I couldn't actually see the band from where I was standing though. Maynard was his witty asshole'ness like always which was pretty funny most of the time. I loved how he made fun of California constantly in front of a mostly Californian crowd, and hardly any of them got it.

Anyway they put on a damn good show and I had a damn good weekend.

Here have some pictures.
http://www.knee-grow.com/images/coachella/
Quote by Nirvana_GodSmak

The hour wait for Massive Attack was grueling, I had never even heard of them and no one around me had either

wow... that surprises me

are they unknown in america? they are huge in the UK... not as in, always in the spotlight, but like...one of THE influential bands of british music
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
Quote by RobbieMac2002
wow... that surprises me

are they unknown in america? they are huge in the UK... not as in, always in the spotlight, but like...one of THE influential bands of british music

surprised me too. well, teardrop is the theme song for house and was in episode 20 of prison break, so someone over there must have heard of them lol. they arent exactly well-known here but yea, i'm still surprised.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by RobbieMac2002
wow... that surprises me

I had heard of them, but had never looked into them. But after seeing them, I can say that I do not like them.
thanks for all that

sorry sigur ros couldn't be better, i heard their show the other night was full of sound problems. hope they get their act together.
sigur ros had their brass band suporting? awesome! when they played here, and i think all the european tour, they only had amina suporting as a string quartet!

all those bands looked really good, specially AC. they should do less drugs though.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
portugal is a great place to live. if you're rich, don't want to be a musician (or are an already famous one) and if you don't ented to have a job for a long time.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Tool fans are probably the most annoying fans ever. Yeah Yeah Yeahs and S-K are better then them anyway, IMO.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

dorkus, you have an amazing dad. were you mthe guy that was super into sonic youth ? cause i used to talk to you lots when i used this forum about jaguars and jazzmasters, but then quit this forum.

regardless, deerhoof is awesome. i will hopefully see them in september.
you got to see kanye you are so lucky

but sounds like you had a good time

you should have stayed close for tool i saw them the other night amazing
Quote by public_witness
dorkus, you have an amazing dad. were you mthe guy that was super into sonic youth ? cause i used to talk to you lots when i used this forum about jaguars and jazzmasters, but then quit this forum.

Why, of course I am...

Still haven't got a jag or a jassmaster. Although I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon.
Quote by pixiesfanyo
why didn't either of you guys go see Gnarls Barkley?

crazy bastards

gnarls is awesome.
Im sorry but we all know the best performance at Coachella was Daft Punk. Hands down.
He's a Pirate
oh man you missed out. Whether you're a fan of Dat Punk or not, the show they put on was amazing. It was a gigantic laser light show.
He's a Pirate
That is what I hear. But my dad and I didn't really care to stay till midnight. Left at about 11 when Daft Punk started.