"According to News.com.au, American punk rock icon and writer Henry Rollins was reported to the National Security hotline during his recent Australian tour because of a book he was reading on a flight to Brisbane.

A furious Rollins was informed he was "nominated as a possible threat" for reading "Jihad: The Rise of Militant Islam In Central Asia", writes Kathy McCabe.

The incident happened on a flight from Auckland on the recent Big Day Out tour.

Rollins told Australian fans during his tour that he received a letter from a "nice woman" who worked "in one of those government areas that deals with anti-terrorism matters."

He posted the letter on his web site.

"Please tell your Government and everyone in your office to go **** themselves. Baghdad's safer than my hometown and your PM is a sissy," he wrote. "

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=48528
Old news but still hilarious.

He said something about it during his IFC special thing.
I love his "spoken word" performances.
Old, but funny.

That letter reminds me of when he writes letters on his show. I love the Rollins show.
Quote by opivy21
Old, but funny.

That letter reminds me of when he writes letters on his show. I love the Rollins show.

I loved the letter he wrote to Anne Coulter.

"But mostly, you will shut the fuck up."
Rollins could fight the entire continent of australia and come out unharmed.
Quote by sargasm
Rollins could fight the entire continent of australia and come out unharmed.

oh god, don't turn Rollins into the punk Chuck Norris.

I loved the letter he wrote to Anne Coulter.

"But mostly, you will shut the fuck up."
I was thinking about that letter in particular.
Quote by Mack56

The whole "omfg rollinsessobuffomgomgomgomgomghardcore" happened WAY before the Chuck Norris thing.

I can just imagine her crying after him saying that.

I would have...
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
But really our nation has turned to sh*t, but if howard is a sissy all of our prime ministers have been sissys (which they were)

I can't stand how we go in all of americas wars.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
It is indeed... Can't criticise Australias government when Americas is either equal or worse both suck none the less
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by Holy Magenta
Ugh. That's like that one guy who got stopped for singing London Calling in a taxi.

Not to sound like i'm 80 years old, but what the hell is the world coming to?

That was really f**king shocking. I heard about another guy who sent the singer of his band Clash lyrics to 'spanish bombs' in a text message,and he got questioned. I Got searched one day on a bus coming back from my girlfriends,just after the events that happened in London. My girlfriend lives like an hour away and I go to stay with her for a few days so I take my electric razor with me,but because it was ****ed I had one with blades. They confiscated the razor and were going to chuck me off untill they saw my girlfriend outside and I explained to them I was at hers. 'you still shouldn't carry a razor' they kept saying. me being a cocky bastrd replied 'So some one who buys them from a shop isn't carrying them?,Do we need to make a postal order to get razors?'

Anyway is Rollins spoken word stuff any good because he's at the Download festival this year and I wonder if he's worth going to see?
Last edited by Joe Publicity at May 5, 2006,
Quote by Mack56

Cuck Norris once broke his leg by delivering a roundhouse kick the to neck of Henry Rollins....

I'm still convinced that henry rollins' neck will, one day, single-handedly destroy capitalism and world hunger.