Hey, I'm going to be able to hit 'Guitar Row' with a cousin but I only have a short period of time. What shops are there and what are the best ones?

Thanks
there's a sam ash.
are u talking about 48th st?

how are u getting around? cant really walk around wt a guitar tho. u just window shopping?

http://www.timessquarenyc.org/then_now/then_now_music_stores.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at May 3, 2006,
I'm planning on buying a pedal and a slide or something. I'm in with a band trip and hes taking me around away from the band for an afternoon. Its cheaper in the states than it is up here, so I'm taking advantage.
yeah well check out the times square link. its the same type of deals ull see online.
see what type of stores interest u.

i just didnt want u getting mugged or anything.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

You can get mugged in broad daylight and have your guitar taken away?

And I thought New York crime was only a myth! Wouldn't mind getting mugged by Cosmo Kramer though, he's hilarious.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

I will be with my cousin who is 6 ft tall, etc... I will probably hit Sam Ash and Mannys. Im planning on getting a Rotovibe and possibly a slide.
Quote by Armored Artist
You can get mugged in broad daylight and have your guitar taken away?

And I thought New York crime was only a myth! Wouldn't mind getting mugged by Cosmo Kramer though, he's hilarious.

In New York City, it's a Myth - In Bronx, Kings and Queens Counties, that's a different story
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
i didnt know if he was going to take the train. or what time he was going.

sometimes when u arent sure where ur going u look like a target. i didnt mean to say u coldnt handle urself or that nyc is a **** hole, i was just saying to take into account that there's no parking and anything u buy will need to be carried for a bit.

a myth would mean its a story passed down, never true.
nyc used to be pretty bad. now its just like any other busy city.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

There's still a black market though - I bought a watch that was supposidly $250 from a vendor (who's stock consumes entirely the back trunk of his '75 Plymouth) for $10 - worked great until it had to tell time

Edit: I'm sure I don't have to tell you that buying a guitar from one of these entrepreneurs probably isn't a good idea
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at May 4, 2006,