hey guys, was wondering if you could help me out. i'm trying to decide what guitar to buy...an ibanez RGT220HSOL or a schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (theres a big difference in price, but that doesnt really matter). i've played schecters before and love them, but i can say the same about ibanez. i'm so torn! does anyone have/play either of these guitars or could give me some recommendations? btw, i play metal and shred...someone help!
They are two totally different guitars, tone wise and especially in terms of how they feel. For the money the C-1 is a better guitar than most, but if you're willing to pay the extra few hundred, ide say go with the Ibanez. A lot of it depends weither you want the tremolo or not...if you have the money go with the ibanez, if not the C-1 is still a badass guitar.
"Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way." - SRV

Member #13 of the SRV Fan club. PM Crzyrckgtrst28 to join

Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Mexi Tele
Rainsong Parlor Acoustic
Vox AD30VT
Peavey Classic 20
Last edited by TeleSong at May 3, 2006,
whoops my bad forgot they came out with a FR model
"Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way." - SRV

Member #13 of the SRV Fan club. PM Crzyrckgtrst28 to join

Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Mexi Tele
Rainsong Parlor Acoustic
Vox AD30VT
Peavey Classic 20
my schecter could eat an rg alive, end of story =P. schecter is my vote.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Schector = the Gibsons of the future. But not overpriced.
Shector and Jackson are my favorite brands. I just wish they had more shape variety.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Schecter is the way to go! It's great, it's so sexy too.

^ It's schecter not Schetor. And don't say typo, because the o and e are far apart.
schecter
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
i prefer Ibanez.

it's preference, basically, you need to try both and see which you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
High End Ibanezes>>>>>Any shecter

Personally I think my Ibanez UV777 can compete with PRSs and Les Pauls

but I have a lot of respect for shecters because they are very well priced
schecter-metal..great pickups

ibanez-shred..great tremolo and super fast neck(wizard)
High End Ibanezes>>>>>Any shecter

Personally I think my Ibanez UV777 can compete with PRSs and Les Pauls

but I have a lot of respect for shecters because they are very well priced

Yah and j-customs. But i heard schecters are good but the money really does it for them.
oh man so much back and forth...i'd love to play both before i buy, but i've never seen a high end rg in any store before, and i've never seen a c1 fr either (i do love regular c1's). so difficult!
Schecter....all the way....

My Schecter has been dropped three times...all during a guitar flip....and it is still going strong....

Mine is an Omen-6....the pickups arent to good...but yours will be better...

Schecter....all the way!!!
i have both a schecter and an ibanez and love them both, but i cant stand the RG series, my ibanez is a SZ320. so i say schecter, the hellraiser is a great guitar.
Quote by StringsRequired
Shecter I played C-1 FR and they are badass. Straight up rips Ibanez guitars apart.

I disagree.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lol dave mc i might be noobish on amps but on guitars since i tried many in all ways (no no, no that way :P). I agree wtih you.

StringsRequired = noob
^yep.

a lot of people have to realise that you can't confuse personal preference with "better".

I mean, I always complain about guitars with 42mm nut (and narrower), so I normally prefer guitars with 43mm, almost nomatter the quality.

But if I tried a Tyler (41mm), I'd know, even though it wasn't for me, that it was quality.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would have to say Ibanez,

I actually was at guitar center a few days ago, and I tried out quite a few schecters(because I heard good things) the c-1, classic, omen 6, some others I don't remember, most in the $500-$600 range, and they all fell short of the tone and playability of $199 ibanez rg with a coil tap, this was on a multitude of amps, from roland cubes and vox valvetronix amps, a fender g-dec, various other tube amps and stacks that were available. the schecters looked nice, with the inlay work and paint jobs, but they didn't play very good, and sounded stifled.