Page 1 of 11
Is it really worth it?

I don't because I don't want to die, I love this country but I simply don't feel like risking my life.
deaf and dumb with the lights on
Of course it's worth it. If you go to war all you have to do is get shot, not die, and you get some money every month for the rest of your life.
Black/Death.
Morally it is, I would fight against terrorists anyday, oil on the other hand....I don't think so.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
This is one of those kind of important life changing decisions that I dont' recommend you ask the pit of UG
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
No
Bob Marley Fan Club Member #3. PM basketcase23 to join.
Quote by carlsbad
klein82887 i love you.

Quote by frippogenics
Only in America do most people get their news from the Daily Show.
yes...go Bush!

Don't tell me Bush sucks, don't start, you'll get me going all night on how he is the greatest president America has ever had and they don't even know it yet.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
By the way, if yuo want to fight for your country, join Navy, not Army. I'm not in Navy but know many guys who are and are great workers and just go on and on about how great the Navy is.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by karateguy29
Morally it is, I would fight against terrorists anyday, oil on the other hand....I don't think so.

word.

(ive come to realize this guy has some good views on things)
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
neverserious88 : its pretty much the same thing

threadstarter: personally I wouldn't join the army, but that has nothing to do with you.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by Punk Rocker
word.

(ive come to realize this guy has some good views on things)

Why thank you.
No the army doesn't sound good to me.

Quote by i(ncubus)play
Don't tell me Bush sucks, don't start, you'll get me going all night on how he is the greatest president America has ever had and they don't even know it yet.

Dude, I hope you have lots of stats and facts and can put up a good argument. Trust me I'd like you to shut half these moonbats up, but proving he's the greatest ever will be a verydifficult task. I wish you luck because soon enough Meths will see this.

Anyways, army? I guess. The government will take care of you from cradle to grave afterwards, but it's a pretty big commitment. I wouldn't mind killing brown people, no moral qualm there, it's the idea of them shooting back that scares me.
#DTWD
Quote by i(ncubus)play
yes...go Bush!

Bush sucks. (I just wanna hear your reasoning behind what you believe)
The military is a very good career choice if you want job security, good health benefits, decent housing, and decent, but not fantastic. Plus they'll pay for your college. I'd personally reccomend the Air Force, but I'm biased since my dad is Ret. Air Force. The Air Force was super good to my family, and to many other families I know.
^^^Do they pay for college, or only give you $20,000? I read somewhere that thats all you get. 20 grand would barely pay for a year of college at most schools.
I'm joining the Canadian Army right out of high school i think...it will be s00per.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I'm joining the Canadian Army right out of high school i think...it will be s00per.

Of course joining the Canadian Army will be good, its not like you're going to go to war.
I think it's worth it, hence the reason I'm enlisting in two years.

I'd die for (y)our rights.
My God, it's full of stars!
my dad is in the marine corps... and hes been to iraq and afghanistan 4 times. It is worth it, I live in a really good house, the bases are a pretty good place to live, and you get to fight for your country. You get bonuses for going to war. Marine corps. is supposed to be the toughest and best branch of the military too.
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Poem
I'm not a fan of poetry, but I like this poem. If you're too lazy to read the whole thing, then just read the last four lines.
Armed Forces and military service are not the only way in which a person can serve his/her country. Teach kids. Volunteer. Do charity work. Do what's best suited for you.

Quote by Dreadnought
I think it's worth it, hence the reason I'm enlisting in two years.

I'd die for (y)our rights.

I respect this guy.
Last edited by skeptopotamus at May 3, 2006,
Yes!!! The army is great!!! who wouldn't like being the slave of some stupid redneck moron!? I just love the idea of fighting in useless wars that do nothing but fuel america's gas guzzling SUV's! who cares if we get shot by Arabs, we are fighting for oil! what is more important than oil??? nothing.
Quote by skeptopotamus
Armed Forces and military service are not the only way in which a person can serve his/her country. Teach kids. Volunteer. Do charity work. Do what's best suited for you.

Yea, you can always do that if military life doesn't suit you (read: you're a pussy .)
Quote by Icarus66
Yes!!! The army is great!!! who wouldn't like being the slave of some stupid redneck moron!? I just love the idea of fighting in useless wars that do nothing but fuel america's gas guzzling SUV's! who cares if we get shot by Arabs, we are fighting for oil! what is more important than oil??? nothing.

What do kids like you DO in real life?

I mean, honestly, you must be really annoying to have any kind of normal conversation with lol
Quote by Dreadnought
What do kids like you DO in real life?

I mean, honestly, you must be really annoying to have any kind of normal conversation with lol

???

what do you mean? i wasnt being sarcastic
Quote by Dreadnought
Yea, you can always do that if military life doesn't suit you (read: you're a pussy .)

And after I edited my first post to include those nice words about you and THIS is what I get. I'm shocked. Just SHOCKED.

I would have enlisted but I have ulcers, so I didn't even bother. Even the recruiters my brother went through said there was basically no chance. Why did my brother get blessed with good health...
I'm very intellectual, so I wouldn't ever enlist in any branch of the military. If I was going to do it I would become an officer, and probably aim for something high like being a pilot, ship/submarine officer, or do R&D (I'm an engineering major). I actually came very close to joining the Naval Nuclear Officer program, but that is really a career and I Wasn't sure I wanted that to be my path in life.

Also, I'm not too keen on the way our ground forces have to march up and down streets while completely vulnerable to bomb and sniper attacks, and that's mainly why I would never go that route.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
^ Really? I'm intellectual too.

Has nothing to do with being a soldier, mate.
Quote by Dreadnought
^ Really? I'm intellectual too.

Has nothing to do with being a soldier, mate.

The whole point is that I want to apply myself in a very high-level area, and not just be a gunslinger who is treated as a disposable asset by the people in charge.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
My sister was telling me about how earlier today she was on base at the commisary and there was a lady using food stamps (remember, only those in the military can use the commisary). Turns out, the government is paying these new recruits below poverty level. Thats right, they aren't even these guys, who risk thier lives for our country, enough money to even survive. Its ironic, really. Think about it, they aren't make enough and have to get food stamps, which is getting them by. Why not just forego the foodstamps and pay them decent wage?

I was having such a good day and this spoiled it for me. How the hell can we treat our troops like this? Our troops are so underpaid I just have no words for it other than !@#$%^&*!!!
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by warm machine
Is it really worth it?

No.

Its a corrupt machine run by a selfish madman. If you want to risk your life just to make some southerners wallet fatter, I'm not going to stop you, but I dont recommend joining . Just food for thought.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by rds0811
The whole point is that I want to apply myself in a very high-level area, and not just be a gunslinger who is treated as a disposable asset by the people in charge.

Oh okay, I understand; not gonna argue semantics with ya.

I just get uptight when people say intellectuals are "above" joining the Army, and I think I'm justified in reacting that way.
hey, i(ncubus)play.. Bush sucks!! JK
I am Father Jimmyius Crowley, Arch Bishop and cruasder of Zepplinism. PM Heartbreaker to join me and my brethren in our religion.
So I went renegade... What you gonna do about huh? IM FREAKIN EVIL GEZUS !!!!
:stickpoke:
Don't have the heart to kill my own people....

But otherwise. i'd join the Canadian RCMP instead, because we gots badass motherf*ckin' ponies. Wait nevermind, it's not voluntary. :P

Seriously though, I probably wouldn't. Even if I was American, and not brown. This 'serving your country' bull is really, really, really getting old, and doesn't convince me one bit. I'd rather server something tangible, as opposed to a concept created by propaganda.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.