ok right now i hav a crappy marshall mg. and i want a new amp and maybe new pickups fer my les paul custom. fer my setup i need an amp, pedals, maybe wireless (i will be gigging soon. i have money saved up and will be getting money this summer, plus my birth day. so i figured i will have about 2500 or 3 grand (my parents are gonna help me with some of it.

here are the sounds i'm lookin for. songs like

Helena,ghost of you, i'm not okay by my chemical romace
whiskey in the jar, seek and destroy, master of puppets, die die my darlin, by metallica
unholy confessions, bat country, avegend sevenfold
and
note to self, the latest plague by from first to last.

so if you could recommend me stuff, and maybe a link if possible. thnxs. o and a half stack would be nice, but if it's a combo please be 2x12
is a 300 dollar wireless system better that a 21 foot 40 dollar cable? i mean will it be worth? and they do play ghost of u on solid body. during there concerts
Quote by flurbo
well the only thing i no is ghost of you is a hollowbody

pointless. totally and completely POINTLESS. get out of the thread.
you could get a marshall jcm(any really, maybe not 800) or a lot of people here like the peavey 5150/6505. and is the les paul custom a gibson or epiphone?
Quote by geobarzac
is a 300 dollar wireless system better that a 21 foot 40 dollar cable? i mean will it be worth? and they do play ghost of u on solid body. during there concerts

Better in terms of you can walk around and not trip over your cord. Not better in sound quality (maybe even worse)
Here's what I'd reccomend:
1) Randall MTS series head (it's what Ray from MCR uses and I've heard some good stuff about it. Definitely check it out.)
2) Epi Les Paul Custom- Would probably nail those MCR tones spot on with a pup change and would probably get pretty damn close to the A7X tone. I'm almost positive Syn used a Gibson LP Studio on that album.

That should come out to about $2000. Use the remaining $500-$1000 on what you please. I'd reccomend buying a BBE Sonic Maximizer and a tuner pedal of some sort.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Last edited by Ambulance X at Oct 17, 2006,
Quote by Metalcomesfirst
pointless. totally and completely POINTLESS. get out of the thread.

you brought up a 5 month old thread to tell him that? He's probably long gone already man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids