Is it safe to order an epiphone through the net? Like on musicians friend. Will i get a nice quality guitar? I`m looking at the Les Paul Classic Quilt Top.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Electric?sku=518353

Btw, is the mixed body wood good? (Mahogany and Alder) I`m probably changing the pups some time after i get it so the wood is of most importance.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

I picked up an Epi LP Studio from musicians friend and was very satisfied with the quality. Its no quilt top (Heritage Cherry Sunburst) but I couln't find a flaw on it. Not even a fingerprint. It was actually almost in tune. I would recomend you order it with a case, cause then they will ship it in a case. Otherwise they will just ship in a padded cardboard box.
yeah they are fine. ive ordered guitars from MF before. never had a problem. just make sure u call them on the phone to order. make sure the guitar is in stock. and ur getting the color u want.

any problems and send it back on their dime.

they use mahogany wt an alder core, brightens the tone a little. i like my studio alot.

the only thing that to note wt epis. the switch is a little weak, and sometimes the strap pegs get loose early. both easy fixes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ok, so its not like mexican fenders (its just as good as an american or its ****).
I will get the guitar i paid for.
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

pretty much all the epi's ive played have been predictable. now that the prices have dropped they are a good value too.

but hey, any brand can send out a dog. so u just cross ur fingers and make sure ur home for the delivery. look over the box before u accept.

things like that increase ur chance for success.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Look over the box?
What do you mean, check if its in ok state? Or box in an abstract way?
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

do yourself a favor and get on ebay. look for a used epi from a few years back before they cut the price in half. you can probably get one for 3-400 bucks. there quality control wasn't near as bad as it is now.
are the classic quilted tops the same as the studio in the way of specs? and just the finish is different? and whats the difference between a les paul classic and a standard?
Last edited by lespaul_jube at May 4, 2006,
Quote by Calvero
Look over the box?
What do you mean, check if its in ok state? Or box in an abstract way?

when u get a guitar delivery u should be home to accept.

1. to make sure its not sitting out in the weather.
2. to make sure the box isnt ripped thru or crushed on one side. if it is, there's a chance ur guitar is too. rip it open or refuse delivery.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Oh ok. I see.

lespaul_jube, the les paul classic has hotter. I`m getting a classic instead of a standard cause they`re cheaper for the color i want, and since i`m changing pickups soon after (putting them on my old cheap-ass guitar) it wont make much diference. Plus the alder thing sounded nice.
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!