hey guys here is a new hard rock song i just started and completed today....there isnt much of an intro to this one...it's about the conditions in the world today and people not giving a damn so it's kind of a touchy subject for me and i think that can be seen in the lyrics.....all the lead is made up on the spot cause thats how i do haha, so there are a lot of imperfections......the vocals arent terrible but as usual, not great....anyways please comment and crit constructively as much as you can!

"Get the Point"
No the vocals arent terrible, theyre pretty good in some parts of the song, But you need to make sure your guitar is in PERFECT tune before you record anything, or else it will sound like ass no matter what you do. The electric probably needs an intonation adjustment, it seems that only the leads are off.

Its a good song it just needs better production.
Not bad. Cool groove with a nice style. I actually thought your voice sounded a lot like Jack Johnson's, wondered what he'd sound like singing a bit heavier music. I don't know if I'd really call this hard rock but its pretty cool none the less. The lead has a cool unique sound to it. Vocals aren't bad, over all they're pretty good. I I really like the acoustic mixed into the song, gives it a lot of range. The drums aren't so great but I like ti as it is, it adds to the unique sound. Over all a pretty great track man, keep it up.

If you want check out my song "The Silvery Tides of Donny Smeak":
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352902
good song, the vocals are really impressive, i find vocals the hardest thing, so anyone who can do a decent atempt full respect. the record quality, isnt superb, which is a shame, but abart from that and a few timing issues, the song rocked dude, i like the acoustic parts alot
You say Tomato, i say f**k you
Vox is great man! Don't bash on yourself, you're not too bad at all. One thing I wasn't too fond of was the way the song slowed down drastically once the distorted guitar came in. Also, with the vocals, you should try to push it up an octave when you get to the chorus. The little leads in there were pretty good too. Oh, and your drum machine can't keep time lol!!!

Overall, I liked it. Try to do a bit less lead underneath the singing. Like a motif (riff that's repeated underneath) or something. Get a drummer or a better program, and roll back the bass a bit on the distorted guitar.

Overall: 8/10. Well done.

Perhaps you have a second? New Jam
Raise the vocals, and DON'T PLAY LEAD behind the tracks, sounds really distracting. The temp shifts were annoying and sounded bad compared to each other, if you want to make that drastic of a change, you need to piece it together better. The verse was great, but the slowed down chorus was really obnoxiously slow.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^hey man you dont have to be a dick about it, i appreciate all kinds of feedback but please dont waste my time with an attempt to say something helpful that only comes out as senseless and void of class...firstly the your profoundly sarcastic comment about volume applies to all instruments, vocals included, making your comment, not to mention your display of "knowledge" rather uneducated. secondly, i would appreciate any help, like several of the other comments which i have taken into consideration, but show some respect, we're all musicians here and it makes you no better to try and put others down without any advice to help them back up. I would hope that we can all give and receive helpful thoughts and opinions and show some character as well as musical skill and development.

thats the end of my comment about that

and it would seem some people dont agree with the tempo change...any ideas for an alternative? thanks guys!
^but I dont think ur voice has an amp, but yeah sorry bout that I was rather pissed off at the moment, didnt mean anything by it but, yeah. Constructive criticism should help, I do like the intro except for the voice fuzz, and seriously turn up the guitar, because the voice is bad and might sound better with the guitar accually being audible in the chours, the lyrics are pretty good I like the chours alot, dont repeat the chors again end it after the short solo, lyricly the song is great but vocally it isnt, the guitar is okay but in quote of rage agianst the machine TURN THAT $H!T UP . I will leave it at that

P.S. the solo is to short but it sounds cool, and I deleted my last message once agian I am really sorry.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
Last edited by Stolenidentity1 at May 5, 2006,
type as i listen

lol i like the beging, i was expecting bad quality, but alas its not bad!

good use of the pan

i think if you practiced the singing more, you could have a really good original voice, doesnt sound too bad now

so far the structure is nice

lead wasnt too bad

work on the drumming a bit, goes off at points seems like

that little bridge part was nicely written

the lead behind the voice is good on the chorus and stuff, but on the verse it is kind of distracting

oh nice little switch with the acoustic, wasnt expecting that, better ending than just letting it fade out

not bad, at the end it kinda seems to stretch on, but maybe cut down the lead a bit and make it tighter and you got something there

CFC? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355616
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by Stolenidentity1
^but I dont think ur voice has an amp, but yeah sorry bout that I was rather pissed off at the moment, didnt mean anything by it but, yeah. Constructive criticism should help, I do like the intro except for the voice fuzz, and seriously turn up the guitar, because the voice is bad and might sound better with the guitar accually being audible in the chours, the lyrics are pretty good I like the chours alot, dont repeat the chors again end it after the short solo, lyricly the song is great but vocally it isnt, the guitar is okay but in quote of rage agianst the machine TURN THAT $H!T UP . I will leave it at that

P.S. the solo is to short but it sounds cool, and I deleted my last message once agian I am really sorry.

sorry for the rant but i appreciate your criticism, i agree the guitar should be louder, it's finding a balance that gets rather hard...you're the first to comment on the actual lyrics of the song and i am glad you did too, that is where i wanted the most feedback

anyways thanks for the constructive crit this time around, much appreciated
You know, it's a good song. It needs a little bit of refining, but I think that the ideas are solid.
I'd try and re-recrd it, maybe with some different drums and a pod or something to process your guitar (Or a miced guitar amp, woohoo!!). Great job as is, though. I liked it a lot, I thought you had a lot of cool ideas.
The vox sound a bit flat, but that's mostly a production thing, really watch the pitch and this could be killer.

Thumbs up, dude!
hey thanks for checking out mine.

yeh i like it..... i like the clean guitar in the beginning, and its sounds really nice and fits well when it comes in the second time, its a nice change. I also really like the end where it goes acoustic its a good change from the rest of the song.

Good job
Typing as I listen...
WTF is that? Radio broadcast?
Vocals sound great, nice tone! Guitar too!
Drums came in, could be better...is that clipping?
Nice leads, turn them up!
Sing a little louder, get some punch in your voice!
I like the verses, good use of pan, as someone else said.
Work on your distorted rhythm time, its a little muddy.
Very catchy vocal rhythm in the chorus.
Nice solo tone.
Very good over all!
Crit for crit?