ZZ Top = awesome

I always just had Eliminator and their Greatest Hits but after making my way back through that part of my collection on the shelf I've bought Teguello and Tres Hombres. Man, I'm sore about not buying these blues, dirty rock masterpieces earlier. I always respected Billy Gibbons, but I never bought much of their stuff. I guess I should've taken the "Jimi Hendrix's Favorite Guitar Player" compliment he has more seriously.

My fave songs are:

My Heads in Mississippi
I'm Bad, I"m Nationwide
Pearl Necklace
Jesus Just Left Chicago
Master of Sparks
I Got the Six
Sharp Dressed Man
Cheap Sunglasses
Doubleback
Sleeping Bag
Lowdown in the Street
Bow down to the king....the King of Kings
Congrats, but what do you want us to say?

Anyways, I saw them play last summer at an outdoor concert and it was pretty cool. They have some good songs ie. Sharp Dressed Man, tush

The guitarist is pretty awesome at pinch harmonics
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
I like Cheap Sunglasses.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
a very underrated band, beards rule
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by iain4444
Congrats, but what do you want us to say?

Anyways, I saw them play last summer at an outdoor concert and it was pretty cool. They have some good songs ie. Sharp Dressed Man, tush

The guitarist is pretty awesome at pinch harmonics

****, forgot to ask you guys what your favorite songs by them was. My bad man, no need to get sarcastic about it. Trust me, I've seen worse threads about less-cooler subjects.

I agree with the pinch harmonics statement
Clapton chose them to close out the final show of his Crossroads Festival last June when I saw them. He said that after he had all of the confirmations of who would and wouldn't be at his venue there was no doubt in his mind who should close the show. I got to see it, it was phenominal.

My thoughts are this...If Clapton chooses them to close a concert organized by him and Billy Gibbons was one of Hendrix's favorite guitarists then uh...they ****in' rule.
Rig:
1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50
Marshall 1960 Slant Cab
VOX10T552 Wah
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
I just remembered "pearl necklace" is great and La Grange. Their stage moves are hilarious, and actually seeing the furry guitars was wicked.

JackWhite1988:
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Billy Gibbons = beast.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by iain4444
Their stage moves are hilarious,

*RANDOM FACT*

Paula Abdul helped Choreograph every dance move in all of their videos.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by fenderfreak101
*RANDOM FACT*

Paula Abdul helped Choreograph every dance move in all of their videos.

.... wow

and yeah, I love the fuzzy guitar swingin'/African beanie/Peso used as a pick/jam blues hard rock thing

EDIT: and that the only one with no beard goes by frank beard
i love ALL of their albums and songs

at this momment, my fav is waiting for the bus
My Spanish Hearts
They are awesome. I have "Tres Hombres" and I'm getting "Eliminator" soon. I just want to know if I can get their first two albums that aren't 80's remasters. I hear that they were remixed/rerecorded to sound more like an 80's era ZZ Top album. I plan on getting "Fandango" soon too. The only trouble is that I am in a situation where there are more albums I want to buy than money that I actually have.
Quote by cadmium_blimp
They are awesome. I have "Tres Hombres" and I'm getting "Eliminator" soon. I just want to know if I can get their first two albums that aren't 80's remasters. I hear that they were remixed/rerecorded to sound more like an 80's era ZZ Top album. I plan on getting "Fandango" soon too. The only trouble is that I am in a situation where there are more albums I want to buy than money that I actually have.

Yes...I usually make a list of albums I want to buy and slowly buy them. Except one time last summer I went into my local record store and dropped money on about 12 cds in one shot. Probably the best money I've ever spent because those cd's changed me.

But I bought the remastered version of Tres Hombres and it sounds better than the old cd version. I think you should try to ebay it.
Quote by JackWhite1988
Yes...I usually make a list of albums I want to buy and slowly buy them. Except one time last summer I went into my local record store and dropped money on about 12 cds in one shot. Probably the best money I've ever spent because those cd's changed me.

But I bought the remastered version of Tres Hombres and it sounds better than the old cd version. I think you should try to ebay it.

Ebay what? I have the remastered version of "Tres Hombres." It's "ZZ Top's First Album" and "Rio Grande Mud" that I want.
Quote by cadmium_blimp
Ebay what? I have the remastered version of "Tres Hombres." It's "ZZ Top's First Album" and "Rio Grande Mud" that I want.

If you want those versions of "First Album" and "Rio Grande Mud" and can't find them in stores...look for them on ebay.
The problem is that, according to what I've heard, those albums were remixed and rerecorded to sound more like 80's era ZZ Top albums. I want ZZ Top in all their blues rock glory like on "Tres Hombres."
Quote by cadmium_blimp
The problem is that, according to what I've heard, those albums were remixed and rerecorded to sound more like 80's era ZZ Top albums. I want ZZ Top in all their blues rock glory like on "Tres Hombres."

Oh, I see now. Hmm, I'm not really sure what else I can suggest. That dirty sound on those 70's records weren't as polished as Eliminator was. That was a pop-rock album thru and thru.

Deguello was starting to get that 80's sound with the uses of synth's.
I'm just hoping they'll remaster the first two albums like they did "Tres Hombres" and "Fandango" recently.
Billy is definately one of my favorite guitarists. "I'm Bad, I'm nationwide" was one of the first songs I tried learning along with "Tush"

One of the greatest guitar tones in the business.
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Quote by cadmium_blimp
I'm just hoping they'll remaster the first two albums like they did "Tres Hombres" and "Fandango" recently.

Yeah, that's right. They just recently remastered those albums too. Just noticed that when I looked at the back of my Tres Hombres cd. They'll probably get to it eventually.
I saw them back in November and they were amazing,
They closed with Jailhouse Rock, it was so good.

I bought Deguello on vinyl, but it was melted/bent so I couldn't listen to half of it.
I finally got it on cd a while ago, great stuff.

My favorite song's probably "She Loves My Automobile"
Have you heard about my baby? Yes, how I love her, you don't know.
Have you heard about my baby? Yes, how I love her, you don't know.
I declare it hurt be so bad, when I heard she'd got to go.