Im looking into a new Warmoth neck for me Jazz Bass and was kind of wondering what kind of neck wood would give me the best tone.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
rosewood= spike in the mids
maple= spiked at low and high points
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
If you're talking about fretboard, maple's a bit brighter.

Mostly it's a look thing though. And feel.
haha
I've only played rosewood. I would just get whatever look better. It wouldn't affect the tone that much. Even if it did, there's always eq!
I like the clean look of maple, and it looks cooler when it gets old...

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Maple, or ebony (if you're rich...ehehehe)
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
Maple usually looks the best.
Rosewood is a good option for the neck, but IMO ebony sounds the best. Ebony gives a glassier sound, with a more even sound balance.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure most jazz guitars don't have maple, and they may have rosewood or ebony depending on the price. I would imagine ebony sounds best for jazz.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Quote by zero-ohm
Snakewood, if you can get it....

Please elaborate...

Maple definetly. I just think rosewood has a weird look on fenders and other guitars with unfinished necks. I mean it looks nice but it looks artificial. I just like how with the maple necks it's all in one peice. I hate how the rosewood is layed on top of the maple like that it's just unnatural if you catch my drift.
Quote by Ihearthetfield
Maple definetly. I just think rosewood has a weird look on fenders and other guitars with unfinished necks. I mean it looks nice but it looks artificial. I just like how with the maple necks it's all in one peice. I hate how the rosewood is layed on top of the maple like that it's just unnatural if you catch my drift.

I get your point, it makes sense, but i'm leaning towards rosewood
OK metalstillsucks, here we go.... Snakewood ( Piratinera Guianensis) is a distinctive wood, deep mahogany-red with irregularly shaped dark markings, resembling the markings on certain snakes or hieroglyphic characters- hence it names, snakewood and letterwood. It is one of the heaviest woods to have been used commercially, exceeding even lignum vitae in weight. Quartersawned snakewood is great for fretboards. Also, consider stainless steel frets, neodymium pickups and watch yourself fly....
Whats teh price, compared to rosewood or maple?

It's one of the most expensive species of wood around, I guess. On the other hand, you don't need a log of the stuff- just enough for a fretboard.