I really need help on recording my band. (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocal) The thing is that none of us have any clue on how to record our music. Last week we went to a studio, and tried using the audio mixer but all I figured out was how to use the mic. Can someone teach me the basics? Any suggestions or site links will be great. (I don't have a laptop, so I can't do any computer-related recording though)

The product name was Yamaha EMX 2000, which looks like the EMX5014C
This is what the mixer looked like:

And the studio:
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
Each row (labeled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. on the bottom) is called a channel.

Each channel gets mixed to a "master bus". On that mixer I *think* the master bus is labeled "ST" but I've never used hardware mixers so I don't know 100% .. that might not be it .. but it has a VU meter and the fader is red .. so it looks like it's the master bus.

Each channel has a mic input and a number of faders and knobs. The faders usually adjust how much volume from that channel is sent to the master bus.

The gain knob sets how much input volume is accepted on that channel.

On each channel you also have inserts for effects, EQ knobs that adjust the equalization etc.
So essentially each instrument in the band gets one or more mics each on their own channel. Then you set the necessary settings for each channel as needed and they get sent to the master bus. The master bus, containing your mix, goes wherever you need it (recording device in this case).
thanks--- i tried it out and played around for a little bit, and it wasnt as hard as I thought.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
thats a nice studio
*I envy*
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
lol, if i'm right, thats a mitsubishi aircondition in ur studio... I have one in my house in Cyprus, I love those things, And Mitsubishi is a Japanese company... If I'm wrong, Sweet studio anyway
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join