hey, i got an brand new vox amp. beauty. its 50 w, with a ton of great sounds. but when i got its "uk modern" sound(distorsion) on, with my volume up to about 6-8, and the master almost all the way, and the volume pretty much all the way, it will feedback when im not playing.im not facing the amp, but im about 2-3 feet away from it. the powersource was right under it so im not sure if that will contribute. i gig frequently, and im thinkking of putting the amp settings to about 3-4 to what i want, and just micing it fairly loudly. but any suggestions? help would be wicked!
well i think ur a little close.
i guess u can buy a suppressor.

edit: quick draw.^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Turn down the volume on your guitar a bit and it should help. If you get a noise supressor stay away from the Boss one. It doesn't work that great for feedback reduction.
Plus there are lots of things you can do to your guitar that cut way down on feedback. ie. dipping the pickups in wax or "shielding the beast" where the entire inside cavity of the guitar is coated in metallic paint (thats correct isn't it?). Plus don't stand so close to your amp!
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
For when you gig, you wont be 2-3 feet close to your amp.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
i remember i got a roland 30 w and the speaker that was put in could handle the wattage that my amp gave out and it squealed like a little school girl. the noise suppressor pedal by ISP works good.
I have this issue with my setup and it takes alot of volume control on the guitar, especially with hotter pickups, to manage to higher gain. A noise gate will help a little, but you dont want to color your tone or anything. I usually have the volume like 5 or 6 on any of my guitars.
Even in practice I stand 10 feet away from my amps and it doesnt matter.

Oh yeah:
Gibon Les Paul Classic w/ Burstbucker 3 in bridge, 57 PAF in neck
Gibson SG Special (not faded) w/ Dimarzzio in bridge
Fender Strat w/ hotrail in bridge

Effects loop:
Boss TU-2 tuner
Boss DD-3 delay
Boss CE-5 chorus
EXH Small stone Pitch shifter
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Boss GE-7 eq for leads

Into: