Page 1 of 2
I want everyone to tell what their dream bass is
'63 5-String Fretless T-Bird (Sunbirst Finish)
1961 Fender Jazz... (*drools*)

STACK KNOBS, BABY!
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
1962 Fender Precision used by Roger Waters in Live at Pompeii

mmmmmmmmmm...
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Quote by Trell
Jazz-style ash body
PJ pickup style
Maple jazz style neck, maple fretboard
Surf Green

YEAH! SURF GREEN!

Quote by D-Fens
1962 Fender Precision used by Roger Waters in Live at Pompeii

mmmmmmmmmm...

HA! I JUST BOUGHT TICKETS TO ROGER WATERS IN OCTOBER!

FOR $125!

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Geddy Lee's Ric

as for something realistic, any jetglo Ric would work nicely, so long as it worked and sounded like a Ric is supposed to (as in not a broken one).
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
something with a fretted/fretless pneck, 4/6string with mahogony body(maybe, only tried one hog bodied) and rosewood fingerboard.

meh...
double neck 5 strings each one fretted one fretless....with a fridge and a mini stove uilt into the back.
^Very demanding, are we?

OK... Conklin 11 string, spalted maple, Firewire MIDI output. Microwave built into the back... its actually big enough.

Warwick Vampyre SN Oil Black
i love it when you hate the world ~ Zuko
Quote by Lonely
Warwick Vampyre SN Oil Black

Nooooo! I played one of them, Get any warwick BUT a vampyre, anyway minewould probably be a custom shop fender 6 string, p/j pickup, nice, thin neck, satin finished, flamed maple top 24 frets.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Either a sixties P-bass (one pickup, red) or a 24 fret semi-hollow thing with a really big sound.

Completely different I know, but whatever.
5 string fender Jazz, with only an MM style humbucker in the bridge. Macassar ebony body, wenge neck, ebony fretboard. Banjo frets, four band EQ, and a drone mute for tapping.
just a Musicman bongo. im not too demanding, and i hate 6 strings upwards
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Bumper
5 string fender Jazz, with only an MM style humbucker in the bridge. Macassar ebony body, wenge neck, ebony fretboard. Banjo frets, four band EQ, and a drone mute for tapping.

I like it, but whats so special about banjo frets?

^I like small frets. I've thought about mandolin frets, but they're just a bit too small for me to deal with.
Let's see...

-6 strings
-Wenge neck
-Ebony fretboard w/ custom inlays
-Mahogany body w/ Quilt Maple top
-Slate grey finish
-Soapbar humbuckers w/ matching wood cover
-Black hardware

And its sister bass...

-6 strings
-Maple neck
-Ebony fretboard w/custom inlays, fretless
-Ash body w/ quilt maple top
-White finish
-Soapbar single-coils w/matching wood cover
-Brushed chrome hardware

Yeah, I've thought about this a lot...
At the moment, its a Sadowsky-

Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
A Steve Harris Signature P-bass is my dream bass. I'm getting a regular p-bass this month but the Steve Harris Signature is my dream bass I would love to own in the future.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
Quote by rockerc
A Steve Harris Signature P-bass is my dream bass. I'm getting a regular p-bass this month but the Steve Harris Signature is my dream bass I would love to own in the future.

do they still make the steve signature? i wouldn't mind one, but i thought they were out of production (and damn expensive)
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
no, they don't. They disbanded it because it was like the Geddy Lee j-bass, except for p-bass.

The difference is, though, the Geddy Lee sells a lot and doesn't cut out the sales of American J-basses.

The Steve harris was a japanese p-bass that took a chunk of sales out of American p-basses in its 2, 3 years of existance.

If you find one, they're highly valued because they're already rare and GREAT basses.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
no, they don't. They disbanded it because it was like the Geddy Lee j-bass, except for p-bass.

The difference is, though, the Geddy Lee sells a lot and doesn't cut out the sales of American J-basses.

The Steve harris was a japanese p-bass that took a chunk of sales out of American p-basses in its 2, 3 years of existance.

If you find one, they're highly valued because they're already rare and GREAT basses.

ahh, i see.

You say they are great, have you been lucky enough to try one? And do you think they'd ever bring it back into production?

Alex
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
I have not been lucky enough to try one but I want a 'cheap' (or atleast, not over $1000) p-bass that still gives a good sound, and that was kinda the ideal choice.

I dont think they're going to make a japanese p-bass for Americans again after that little experiment. lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
yeah I wish I could find one. that's why it's a dream bass of mine lol.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
Quote by ToolBass_dude
At the moment, its a Sadowsky-

My personal dream Sadowsky...

haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

My personal dream Sadowsky...

they sure are beautiful (albeit expensive) basses- and their pre-amps are great
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
John Entwistle Buzzard *drools*
ESP Tom Arraya
ESP Suveyor II
Quote by FunkMaster

you know you're a bassist when your GF loves you for your fingering technique
i just changed my mind about my dream bass. after seeing that black sadowski, i want nothing else
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Page 1 of 2